Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

Can't remember when exactly it was but at one point on Saturday he was absolutely apoplectic in our box. Maybe after someone made a clearance? It was great to see... First PL game and he's absolutely losing his shit. It's the kind of fight and pashun we've been missing.  

Early days, but seeing this dude in action makes me realise just how far off it Thomas actually is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just watched the goals back and I love his awareness for Iheanacho's goal. Crosses it, comes back to him and opens his body out to pass to Barnes first time instead of taking a touch and slowing the move down. 

I do like Thomas and understand he has a lot to learn, but I sense he would have controlled it and passed it infield instead of quickly thinking to go back out to Barnes. 

It's just small things like that that end up making a big difference. 

Also, he was looking for the quick 1-2 with Barnes and raced forward. Doing so split the defense. But also, even though he didn't get it, when Nacho scores he races over to celebrate. This guy wants to win. Love it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just watched the goals back and I love his awareness for Iheanacho's goal. Crosses it, comes back to him and opens his body out to pass to Barnes first time instead of taking a touch and slowing the move down. 

I do like Thomas and understand he has a lot to learn, but I sense he would have controlled it and passed it infield instead of quickly thinking to go back out to Barnes. 

It's just small things like that that end up making a big difference. 

Sign of a great player, the ability to make the right decision quickly. It's one of the hardest things to teach and the thing that really defines the very best players. Look at Adama Traore, incredible physique, got technical ability... has awful decision making. Xavi and Iniesta were other examples of players that were fantastic decision makers. They were not the most physical, but it turns out that if you choose the right option 8 or 9 times out of 10, it shows. This is something FCK fans mentioned with Kristiansen when we signed him. 

I think the question wasn't if he was good enough, it was if he was good enough now. The early signs are he might be!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sign of a great player, the ability to make the right decision quickly. It's one of the hardest things to teach and the thing that really defines the very best players. Look at Adama Traore, incredible physique, got technical ability... has awful decision making. Xavi and Iniesta were other examples of players that were fantastic decision makers. They were not the most physical, but it turns out that if you choose the right option 8 or 9 times out of 10, it shows. This is something FCK fans mentioned with Kristiansen when we signed him. 

I think the question wasn't if he was good enough, it was if he was good enough now. The early signs are he might be!

I'm reading from that that we've signed the LB equivalent of Xaviesta. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Can't remember when exactly it was but at one point on Saturday he was absolutely apoplectic in our box. Maybe after someone made a clearance? It was great to see... First PL game and he's absolutely losing his shit. It's the kind of fight and pashun we've been missing.  

Yep, remember this moment too!! 

It's also a great block from Souttar nonetheless. 

• Like 3