Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Check the tactics thread, there’s some interesting things going on with Barnes. He’s often standing in the LB position when we defend whilst Kristiansen steps in-field, similar to the way Arsenal and Man City use their fullbacks. I believe it’s to make a more cohesive horizontal block that is harder to play through. 

I do agree with your sentiment here though, already I’ve seen Barnes given an absolute rollicking from Kristiansen and it’s been great to see. He strikes me as a player with a very strong mentality and we’ve sorely missed that in recent years. 

Its obvious that Harvey is not the sharpest tool in the box. Fuchs kept him in line and now Kristiansen is doing the same even though he is a lot younger. I am sure Luke felt that was a real problem given their backgrounds.

Says in this video that he was playing a deeper role today and Victor helped him out.

The reason for playing deeper is that Spurs play a 343, so on the transition they have both a fullback and forward overloading the wings. In this case Porro and Kulusevski. But our pairing had those two in their back pockets all game with a strong display both attacking and defensive wise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Check the tactics thread, there’s some interesting things going on with Barnes. He’s often standing in the LB position when we defend whilst Kristiansen steps in-field, similar to the way Arsenal and Man City use their fullbacks. I believe it’s to make a more cohesive horizontal block that is harder to play through. 

I do agree with your sentiment here though, already I’ve seen Barnes given an absolute rollicking from Kristiansen and it’s been great to see. He strikes me as a player with a very strong mentality and we’ve sorely missed that in recent years. 

He definitely did that inverted full back thing a couple of times in the match yesterday didn't he, coming in to make an extra man in midfield?  It wasn't just my imagination...

Something we seemed to try in the pre-season friendlies but, likely due to injuries, haven't seen it done by us much otherwise.  

Looks a player of phenomenal potential. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

There is an argument he is just as influential of a signing as Tete has been 

100% and as @StriderHiryu has said, you could argue an even more important signing.

Firstly, he’s our player for 5+ years and whilst I don’t want to get ahead of myself but easy to add him to the “make profit in 18 months time” list which has depreciated so much to just Madders now.

Victor is mustard and I’m sure someone said we don’t need to slate Thomas at his expense but has only highlighted Thomas’ shortfalls, would be interesting if West Ham or anyone else came in for an offer for young Luke (they did in the summer didn’t they)?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Sadly I don’t think you can rely on either to be fit for extended periods.

Timmy has been well below par but he’s definitely been overplayed this season.

Yes and no for me, we cannot stockpile players on the off chance. Surprising (too me at least) that we gave Ricardo a new contract, just hope it is justified and he returns to his earlier amazing levels

JJ, is he that bad injury wise outside of recent times? Would need to check

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

JJ + Ricardo for RB - Castagne to be sold

If we kept Amartey (and I think we will), then this is even more likely. He has played RB before for us if needed.

Castagne is solid, but selling him could help with the rebuild. Am more than happy to keep him here too though because at Leicester, players that don't miss many games is not too common.

Actually when thinking about it, the only position I feel this team desperately needs is a new Goalkeeper. In theory if we kept Maddison, I'd be happy with the team next year. Losing Tielemans on paper should be a blow, but Mendy had a good cameo there, and in a 433, you don't need as much creativity from the centre of the park. See Liverpool when they had Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner - they relied on their fullbacks and forwards for creativity. 

One more saucy one for you. The highest rated player at FCK was not Victor, it's Roony Bardhiji. Who is a CAM that likes to drift around and play between the lines... I wonder if Victor might have some nice words to say to him?

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1