Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

100% and as @StriderHiryu has said, you could argue an even more important signing.

Firstly, he’s our player for 5+ years and whilst I don’t want to get ahead of myself but easy to add him to the “make profit in 18 months time” list which has depreciated so much to just Madders now.

Victor is mustard and I’m sure someone said we don’t need to slate Thomas at his expense but has only highlighted Thomas’ shortfalls, would be interesting if West Ham or anyone else came in for an offer for young Luke (they did in the summer didn’t they)?

Then we would be weakening our squad. At present  we don't know on either flanks ( defence) who will be available ...

But this young Dane, could quietly,softly be our best buy . He is more than the around complete packet, he covers all levels..skill set,mental discipline,Hard,

Not a guy who will lose confidence,has an eye for space for other teammates,

Leader,no shrinking violet....I mean like Kante,Mahrez...we've landed something exceptional..& the guy is only fking 20.

Disgusting..

Again let's not go too heavy on Thomas,who was called on out of need & too early in '"his" career phase,and he started on an high note...and in this season the last player who should go through any gauntlet...Bigger stars left him covering alone & went missing.

And still glad we have him...

Kristiansen has not yet hit a wall,let's then see how he evolves and developes,after that first natural waiver of form. He's going to be given  that Storey, Rodriguez and S.whitworth fan embrace & love that the terraces uniquely bestow,it seems...

41 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I reckon:

RB - Castagne and Ricardo

LB - JJ and Kristiansen

Thomas out on loan.

Or, if we were to sell Tim (which I wouldn’t be against as long as the fee was £20m+), we would need to sign a replacement at RB.

I agree with this for next season. Firstly because of JJ and Ricardo's recent injury record. Secondly because we know Castagne can play to a much higher level than he has this season. And thirdly because its very obvious Thomas desperately needs a loan move somewhere to get some minutes.

Unless we absolutely need to sell him to raise the funds - some of which would then need to be reinvested anyway as no chance we run with two injury prone RBs and Amartey - then I'd keep Castagne. He has another year on his deal so is still sellable in Jan or summer 2024. I'd be open to moving him on only if it was for ~£20m and we could bring in another fullback with a JJ/Kristiansen style profile who could grow into the side.

We'll also be releasing Bertrand which will massively lighten annual costs in the full back area by about £4.1m per year in wages which helps too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I reckon:

RB - Castagne and Ricardo

LB - JJ and Kristiansen

Thomas out on loan.

Or, if we were to sell Tim (which I wouldn’t be against as long as the fee was £20m+), we would need to sign a replacement at RB.

Would we get a better replacement for Tim for 20m, because sadly, we can't really rely on Ricardo to remain fit even if he did return back strongly. 

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Would we get a better replacement for Tim for 20m, because sadly, we can't really rely on Ricardo to remain fit even if he did return back strongly. 

I would hope if we sold Castagne we would be going for a Kristiansen-esque player at right back

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Possibly so will a lot of other clubs, there's only so many out there, bit of a risk to sell a good one and hope for the best. 

Well unfortunately unless we got him to sign a new deal Castagne will only have 2 years left on his deal by the summer

Either this summer or next we will need to sell him anyway

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Well unfortunately unless we got him to sign a new deal Castagne will only have 2 years left on his deal by the summer

Either this summer or next we will need to sell him anyway

The 2 year mark is a point for negotiation, no panic for a defender. It's players like Tielemans we should have dumped and got decent money for at 2 years!

Edited by volpeazzurro

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The 2 year mark is a point for negotiation, no panic for a defender. It's players like Tielemans we should have dumped and got decent money for at 2 years!

I probably wouldn't even want us to negotiate a new deal for Castagne.

At 2 years left Castagne needs to be "dumped" for decent money way more than Tielemans when he had 2 years left.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I probably wouldn't even want us to negotiate a new deal for Castagne.

At 2 years left Castagne needs to be "dumped" for decent money way more than Tielemans when he had 2 years left.

The difference being we'd probably get around 15m for Castagne, but would have got anywhere between 40-60 for Tielemans, no comparison. It's about money raised and further investment. We could have got Kristiansen, Souttar and Tete on loan for Tielemans. 

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The difference being we'd probably get around 15m for Castagne, but would have got anywhere between 40-60 for Tielemans, no comparison. It's about money raised and further investment. We could have got Kristiansen, Souttar and Tete on loan for Tielemans. 

Well we wouldn't have because there weren't any offers were there? Whilst we have apparently already turned down bids for Castagne. This isn't even about Tielemans anyway.

Castagne doesn't deserve a new contract, and is someone that there is potential interest so we could / should sell on this summer before his value drops even further next summer or we potentially have to end up losing him for free, and get a younger replacement in who will fit back into the plan of buying young, developing, and selling for profit.

Edited by moore_94

He’s quickly made it into my top 3 favorite players. He did a great job on Saka today and when you think of this age and the fact that was only his 5th (?) game for us… he’s just going to get better and better. That’s a scary thought…