Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go 3-4-3

I would. Because it may start off like that, but then it all goes to pot when we concede from an Ivan Toney penalty after there's been a massive clusterfvck of confusion between Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Soumare or a combination of them...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I would. Because it may start off like that, but then it all goes to pot when we concede from an Ivan Toney penalty after there's been a massive clusterfvck of confusion between Ward, Castagne, Amartey, Soumare or a combination of them...

Hahaha its actually very difficult to know what is the best team to pick currently, nothing is working.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They could all be stood on the line with ward and Toney would still score …..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

When Ricardo is at his best I much prefer him running from deep. His best position is RB when fit. 

Given what Tete has given us over the last few games, however, I'd be tempted to play Ricardo RW and VK (if fit) and Castagne as the full backs. 

We just need somebody to put a shift in at the moment and I think that would probably be Ricky P over Tete. 

Ricardo overlapping only works when the ball is passed out from the back quickly.

Rodgersball doesn’t allow for this type of positive play as we saw after the Spurs win. 

• Like 2

Just now, Richmondfox said:

Ricardo overlapping only works when the ball is passed out from the back quickly.

Rodgersball doesn’t allow for this type of positive play as we saw after the Spurs win. 

Just a weird comment to make. Ricardo’s best season in his career was under Rodgers so I’m not sure that’s the problem. Plus Ricardo seems to have lost that explosiveness that made him so effective and we’ve started playing him in a more inverted role. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

If Vic really is fit then it is possible that we could actually start a game without any of these players for the first time!! Of course, back to reality Rodgers will no doubt deem Vic as "not quite ready" and pick all 4 of them with the usual disastrous results. 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I think (and hope) we are working towards an eventual back four of Ricardo, Souttar, Evans and Kristiansen.

Ricardo and Evans sadly cannot be relied upon on a regular basis.

I do really like the look but worried about how slow that back line could be as Ricky has def lost a yard of pace through injury.

If we do somehow stay up, an athletic CB to partner Souttar would be my preference.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Just a weird comment to make. Ricardo’s best season in his career was under Rodgers so I’m not sure that’s the problem. Plus Ricardo seems to have lost that explosiveness that made him so effective and we’ve started playing him in a more inverted role. 

Not a weird comment to make if you have watched the style of football we have been playing this season.  

The ball comes out of the back slowly, back and forth, side to side. Ricardo gets the ball and is pressed quickly, tries to pass it down the line.  Most of the time it doesn’t get by the first man, if it does the winger is marked and pressed and we lose possession or it gets sent back to the CB. Rinse repeat. 

You are correct about his explosive runs, this is a shame as he would make things happen.

Back to VK. This is what makes him exciting, he is always looking to get the ball forward quickly and get further forward to progress the attack. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They could all be stood on the line with ward and Toney would still score …..

They could park the Leicester City coach on the goal line, leave the door open, with Ward stood there, and the ball would go past him and through the drivers open side window into the back of the net

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

They could park the Leicester City coach on the goal line, leave the door open, with Ward stood there, and the ball would go past him and through the drivers open side window into the back of the net

And you tell the kids of today that, and they won't believe you. Ey Ey 

• Haha 1

All this debate about what formation we’ll play will be irrelevant the first time that Brentford have a shot on target as with Danny Ward in goal it’s very likely to be a goal. 3 at the back. 4 at the back, 5 at the back, doesn’t matter. 1 shot usually results in 1 goal.

Btw - Brentford haven’t lost any league game they’ve taken the lead in for 2 years. :nono: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

He seems like a mentally strong lad, I’m not surprised that he has gotten fit ahead of time. Likely he’s followed his rehabilitation regime more disciplined than the average dross on our team.

He seems to have a lot of attributes which would help him to go as far as he wants with his career, at LCFC or not.

Confident, understands how the game is being played, communicate, driven and has a genuine desire to help the team out.

Edited by Wymsey

Remember those VK drinks? We used to go to a really crap place called Chicago Rock Cafe on a Tuesday night where you got some beer tokens for doing karaoke. We quickly developed a rapport with the extremely uninterested DJ and before you knew it, we were not only karaoke heroes but also fake-rich. The 'income' for singing a song was quite generous and coupled with the Tuesday night special deals could get you a pint of Carling (I know, I know) and 2 x bottles of VK. The done thing was to neck half the carling and then fill up with the VK. This was a sum greater than its parts, which is perhaps unsurprising given the terrible nature of the constituent ingredients. For some reason this caught on in the club, with even non-singers shelling out their actual money (not token money) for this bizarre concoction. I should have mentioned, this was like the grab-a-granny place. It was terrible; we'd have been the youngest in there by a mile, other than one of our mates who was age appropriate to be there and would drive us in and home. Tuesday nights were cricket committee meeting and pick the team night; he was on the committee so we'd drink in the local and he'd drive us in when done. Lovely. Anyway, after drinking it for a while, the carling/VK cherry mix became almost acceptable to the taste buds; especially as you got progressively more drunk. This was the one to start on. The blue one mixed with lager was really something else. As the night went on you'd be forced to explore other favours and then convince them that since the VKs had run out, they had to honour a smirnoff ice or red square or metz as part of the deal, which for some reason they did. There is arguably no need to chuck a smirnoff ice in a Carling, but it felt like a precedent had been set. After a good few months of this every Tuesday night, it was obvious we'd gone too far as we'd be out and about in town and people would be offering us VK-shandies as they'd become known; in other more respectable venues where they probably cost a few quid; and being a bit surprised that we were just having a few stellas or tequila, vodka, red bulls or whatever it was we drank before we knew better. It is perhaps my proudest boast that I won what must have been pre-X factor/Pop Idol but was called Popstar Maidstone or something because they made a stupid error and decided to judge the competition on 'loudness of cheering'. I shit you not. Talented singer after talented singer rocked up, sang (sometimes impressively in that regional, horrible Maystun accent kind of way) and waited patiently for the result, whilst I took the £150 (not cash, but bar vouchers obviously) for my inspired performances of two out of three ain't bad and achey breaky heart. Looking back now, I find myself smiling. My future wife, who I barely knew, revealed to me she was actually there that night when a friend of mine reminded me of this recently. What a ride. What a life I used to have (I realise I'm elevating crap karaoke and crap drinks to a ridiculous level here). That was a long time ago now. I'm going to say 20 years but it might be more like 16. It might equally be 20 actually. Who knows. So that was all those years ago. In a few years I'm hoping to learn to use paragraphs. That £150 bought a lot of people a lot of VK-shandies, but what it didn't buy was the actual serious singers their chance to compete in the next stage of the finals (south-east!) which obviously I didn't attend as it involved some effort. I tell you when it was, it was when metz, red square, VK all existed and the things to wear (or not, probably) were ripped jeans, a long sleeve but tight t-shirt and a crap blazer. I would have had a quiff and I would have thought I looked amazing. I would not have looked amazing. I probably had a slip/clamshell phone and I would definitely drink 80% of a pint and then ask a barman in a chain pub to 'stick a half in there mate' with a wink and then be surprised when he'd measure out a half because of course he would. Favourite book? Probably still Catch 22 even after all this time. Willis or Mohan? Willis for me.

• Haha 4

If that's not enough 'wtf' for you, my wife just reminded me that another lad we both know was in there that night, which is unremarkable in and of itself, other than that his name was Christopher Peacock. ie Chris Peacock. Crispy Cock. 

If that doesn't raise a smile, then I've got no more to give, sorry guys.

5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Ricardo and Evans sadly cannot be relied upon on a regular basis.

I do really like the look but worried about how slow that back line could be as Ricky has def lost a yard of pace through injury.

If we do somehow stay up, an athletic CB to partner Souttar would be my preference.

Soyuncu is quite fast. But oh yeah, I just remembered that he shat in Brendan's car, thus destroying his premier league career. What a shambles. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

All this debate about what formation we’ll play will be irrelevant the first time that Brentford have a shot on target as with Danny Ward in goal it’s very likely to be a goal. 3 at the back. 4 at the back, 5 at the back, doesn’t matter. 1 shot usually results in 1 goal.

Btw - Brentford haven’t lost any league game they’ve taken the lead in for 2 years. :nono: 

ever obliging leicester? :thumbup:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very true but ... a backline of Simpson, Morgan, Huth and Fuchs was hardly pacey, it's how they were employed that counted and what went on in front of them.

Likewise, if Rodgers had employed Morgan and Huth like he expected Vestergaard to play, that wouldn't have worked either for exactly the same reasons.

Horses for courses, round pegs in round holes. It's not always who you've got, it's how you deploy them. If you play players to their strengths and not continue to blindly play them in a flawed system, then you might just scrape a few points. 

Isn’t Huth working for the club as a loan liaison manager? Wes also as an ambassador.  They should be the ones telling the truth to our defence after every mistake and helping them.  Rodger’s has all the tools at his disposal but no crafting skills.