Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very true but ... a backline of Simpson, Morgan, Huth and Fuchs was hardly pacey, it's how they were employed that counted and what went on in front of them.

Likewise, if Rodgers had employed Morgan and Huth like he expected Vestergaard to play, that wouldn't have worked either for exactly the same reasons.

Horses for courses, round pegs in round holes. It's not always who you've got, it's how you deploy them. If you play players to their strengths and not continue to blindly play them in a flawed system, then you might just scrape a few points. 

I think that we’re in agreement BUT rightly or wrongly, we (Rodgers) are obsessed with an extremely high line - I actually like the theory of it but again, agree with the wrong players being asked to fulfil this.

So comparing the pace of our defenders now to the title winning back 4 isn’t a fair comparison, besides I’d love to have their leadership as bar Simpson they ALL offered so much more than just being a footballer in a team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

I think that we’re in agreement BUT rightly or wrongly, we (Rodgers) are obsessed with an extremely high line - I actually like the theory of it but again, agree with the wrong players being asked to fulfil this.

So comparing the pace of our defenders now to the title winning back 4 isn’t a fair comparison, besides I’d love to have their leadership as bar Simpson they ALL offered so much more than just being a footballer in a team.

Absolutely, the leadership is certainly an issue and Morgan's confidence grew when Huth arrived also. I do agree regarding the high line, great to see with the right players as you say but there are other ways which is what I meant with our past team. A high line defence has not only got to have some pace, it calls for practice and discipline. Perhaps it's just too much to ask four virtual strangers to suddenly gel or perhaps the coaching is poor. Either way, it's not working and dare I say it,  you almost need a solid almost Allerdyce, Dyche or similar solid disciplined approach over the next few games. I'd perhaps even perhaps even protect them with Ndidi and Mendy with Maddison in front of them. Ndidi's game needs simplifying, protection and nothing else and simple short passes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

This has got a falling out written all over it now. Rodgers blocking Kristiansen's first senior call up. 

We were chatting to a couple of long standing ST holders last Saturday who seemed to be pretty sure of what they were saying when they told us that Kristiansen had been dropped after an altercation with other players and backchatting BR.

As everything, until it's proven things are taken with a pinch of salt but something really doesn't seem right or add up with this one and as time goes on I'm starting to suspect there might be something in it. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

We were chatting to a couple of long standing ST holders last Saturday who seemed to be pretty sure of what they were saying when they told us that Kristiansen had been dropped after an altercation with other players and backchatting BR.

As everything, until it's proven things are taken with a pinch of salt but something really doesn't seem right or add up with this one and as time goes on I'm starting to suspect there might be something in it. 

You would think if something had happened the club wouldn't be covering it up like this. Feigning and injury and blocking an international callup is going quite far!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You would think if something had happened the club wouldn't be covering it up like this. Feigning and injury and blocking an international callup is going quite far!

Most likely scenario is the danish coach asked VK if he would be available for call up and he said yes. Little wes told me he’d be fit for Xmas and he didn’t end up playing until mid feb ! 

20 y o players aren’t likely to be the best judge of their fitness 

36 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I do agree but something seemed odd about this one. I dunno, but as far as I’m concerned the sooner he’s back the better and I’d love to see him get an international cap, he’s been the one who really showed passion and fight when he’s played. 

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I was really buoyed by the news that VK might be back this weekend as he's a brilliant young player. But i just knew that the Elite One would say he wasn't quite ready. VK clearly disagrees with that, though......

The Kristiansen rumour came from a journo, to be fair. It's not like the player has come out and said he's ready to play. 

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

Absolute gibberish. 

How do people swallow such tosh?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know If Victor Kristiansen will be available for the Palace game?

Assuming he can't be far off considering Brendan said before the Brentford game,

“Victor Kristiansen probably won’t make it,” Rodgers said. “We were hoping that he might be close, but he’ll probably just miss out on this one.

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Potentially having to call upon a defender that you've made 6th choice and in doing so actively set his career back with no compromise whatsoever. In the biggest game of the season.

I love Brendan "The Man Manager" Rodgers don't you?

Eh? Who? Souttar is apparently fit and Faes is back from suspension...

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Potentially having to call upon a defender that you've made 6th choice and in doing so actively set his career back with no compromise whatsoever. In the biggest game of the season.

I love Brendan "The Man Manager" Rodgers don't you?

Who?