Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

43 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s young, however a bit like Luke Thomas, they’re both young and are learning the trade. 

Neither are as good as Ben Chilwell from a football perspective. 

I think looking back Chilwell was always gonna make that big move but how old was he when he bottled taking a throw in away at Millwall?

VK had a poor first half but did look better in the second half IMO.

• Like 1

Like Tete, broken on to the scene with a big performance at Villa and has since declined each week. Strange one as seemed to have a swagger about him that the better players have but performances been anything but that.

Young, can develop but would need to see quicker progress should we stay up.

Apart from his first game I've been very critical of Kristiansen.

Probably a bit unfair as he's only very young and has a lot to learn and moved to a new country and thrust into the first team.

However, he lacks technical ability, seems very slow on the ball and numerous times yesterday played some hospital passes. I've not seen enough from him performance or attribute wise to think he'll be top left back in the future.

He's no better than Thomas and needs a number of seasons before he's competent at this level of football

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 1

Proper horrible last night - all over the place and not in a good way - couldn’t pick out a pass to a team mate either - nowhere near good enough for that level - great assist for the goal Saturday though - absolutely clutching 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Messi said:

Does this mean Thomas would have miraculously developed? 

Who knows what Rodgers did to him, like some of the others in terms of confidence and risk taking? With the shackles now off, maybe we can see a different player. I recall when he first came into the first team, he linked up well with Barnes and was able to cross and pass forward. Slowly he became just like some of our other players -

risk adverse and rather a safe pass backwards than a more adventurous ones. 

In any event, my point was that VK was pretty bad last game. Maybe it is worth to see what a post-Rodgers Thomas looks like.

Has looked a little bit out of his depth over the past few weeks but I still have a lot of faith. 

It’s a horrible situation for him to be thrown into, in his first year abroad at the age of 21. He’s going to make mistakes I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Like Tete, broken on to the scene with a big performance at Villa and has since declined each week. Strange one as seemed to have a swagger about him that the better players have but performances been anything but that.

Young, can develop but would need to see quicker progress should we stay up.

Well that’s rubbish because he was utterly superb against Arsenal a few weeks after the Villa game. 

He’s been poor since his return from injury. Sometimes we don’t quite know the extent of these niggles. Don’t think we will see him at his best until next season after a pre season 

Edited by CosbehFox

Wasn’t  great but kept getting doubled up on with Barnes no where  in site . Come to think of it he didn’t get much help at all. There was one point in the game where  he was battling it out on the touch line with two Leeds players and no one went to help him just stood and watched . He even shouted after come and help me then . 

• Like 1

Hard to tell if it was him, teammates or coaching last night. He continually overcommitted on the left flank and was leaving huge gaps behind him. Especially in the 1st half. 

Was that what he was instructed to do? Were teammates or coaches ineffective in getting him to stop? 

A few times we had lost possession in Leed's final third and he still charged forward. Was scary to watch!

8 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Hard to tell if it was him, teammates or coaching last night. He continually overcommitted on the left flank and was leaving huge gaps behind him. Especially in the 1st half. 

Was that what he was instructed to do? Were teammates or coaches ineffective in getting him to stop? 

A few times we had lost possession in Leed's final third and he still charged forward. Was scary to watch!

Very much so, noticed Bouba dropped off a little into the gap when VK bombed forwards. Was a constant exposed point for us