Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

3 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

The occasion was too big for him last night. 

Got doubled up on a few times. Thankless task. Was demanding Barnes’ help but was too late to cover Kristiansen more often than not.

We gambled going forward (which I like) and got caught short. It happens, someone’s going to look sh!t as a result. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Is he good? I can't tell. I want him to be good.

Impossible to tell from such a small sample isn't it, especially from a young player.

Looks to me like someone with the basic tools to succeed and it's a case of how his performances go over the next 12 months or so. Imagine we'll have a much better idea of him by Christmas. Full pre season under him and more bedding in time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Let Harrison get onto his strong foot for the goal then gave him loads of space to cross instead of showing him down the line. Was really bad last night but only have to look at his performance against Arsenal where he marked Saka out the game to see theres a player in there. Needs to get back to that

He didn't cover himself in glory there, but also Harrison has shifted really quickly and it's a brilliant bit of play by him.

You would like to think that one of our 3 midfielders would have naturally gone "oh, that's quite a lot of space, I should cover that pronto". When it comes to communication we're very much that of a primary school team at times. Hopefully it can be drilled into them though, throw ins and free kicks should be the easiest things to defend

image.thumb.png.5536eb9e14ad4a521881ce423b17cb39.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Let Harrison get onto his strong foot for the goal then gave him loads of space to cross instead of showing him down the line. Was really bad last night but only have to look at his performance against Arsenal where he marked Saka out the game to see theres a player in there. Needs to get back to that

There's some folk who reckon they've never rated him in his whole time here 😂 

• Like 1

Yes, there were points where he was caught out, but that goal line clearance was coolness personified. How many times do you see a defender in that situation just slam the ball into their own net with a wild swing? He let it bounce and hit it perfectly.

Without him yesterday, 0 pts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

He didn't cover himself in glory there, but also Harrison has shifted really quickly and it's a brilliant bit of play by him.

You would like to think that one of our 3 midfielders would have naturally gone "oh, that's quite a lot of space, I should cover that pronto". When it comes to communication we're very much that of a primary school team at times. Hopefully it can be drilled into them though, throw ins and free kicks should be the easiest things to defend

image.thumb.png.5536eb9e14ad4a521881ce423b17cb39.png

Castange always comes in and leaves so much space at the back then seems perplexed that an attacker has came in. I got called miserable in the Wolves thread for mentioning it.  

Lads first season,he needs his breaking in period..Nice to see many fans supporting on FT..He will grow and mature with us..

Both he and Thomas need a just bit more patience,you can’t rubbish every player off & demand like spoilt brats instant replacements,or change around squad to accompany disappointed thoughts on player…Even in a catastrophic season.

We have had badluck with Justin & even Castagna injuries,now we need the latter all over the place. Soyuncu reemergence has lightened the situation.

Thomas & Kristiansen can hold their own, panic is not the call of the day..

Why even 3 at the back could help us…

If Everton set up to attack our left side 3 at the back & Castagna moving over to the left,if and when needed,all is possible.

Besides why worry,our 3 Amigos are here to sort it out…:D

• Like 1

He's a 20yr old playing in a new league for a team involved in a relegation battle. The managers changed and so have the tactics. He just needs a bit of stability and that consistency should come back. The reaction to a poor game is always important, hopefully we see a positive reaction from him. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

His form hasn't been the same since he had a spell out and his decision making hasn’t been so clear. He has been thrown into a pressure cooker at a young age though and he is quite a passionate character. . It will be good experience in the long run  and with our defence so depleted he is going to get games to come good. JT and CS will sort him out

• Like 1

He's showing inconsistency in his performances which is typical for a 20 year old. Has had some great matches and some poor matches. 

At his age he shouldn't be starting every game but unfortunately we have no other option at the moment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

He's showing inconsistency in his performances which is typical for a 20 year old. Has had some great matches and some poor matches. 

At his age he shouldn't be starting every game but unfortunately we have no other option at the moment.

I think we do though. Right now I'd pick Thomas over him. I think he's more solid, goes forward and links play better, and has a better pass accuracy.

I'm not writing him off, but now is not the time for someone to be finding their feet, and trying to get with the pace of the Premier League.

5 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I think it’s important that people remember why we sign players like VK. He’s not going to be perfect, if he was at his age, he wouldn’t be playing for us. He’s going to have games like last night and he’s going to have games where he’s MOTM. 

We need these young players who need polishing so that we can bed them into the premier league and sell for profit, that’s how we’re gonna compete. We can’t go slagging off every 20 year old that comes Into the team and doesn’t perform week-in-week-out. 

Ive been encouraged from what I’ve seen of him. I think he’s good on the ball and has the ability to produce some great passes, including his assist against wolves. His tackling is decent too. 

Just give him time.

Say it louder for those at the back! 

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

Castange always comes in and leaves so much space at the back then seems perplexed that an attacker has came in. I got called miserable in the Wolves thread for mentioning it.  

That’s more often Team set up..Individual players get caught out.

He plays generally a good game,then our team defence throws individuals to the Lions..I still say we have tightened up,just before Rodgers departure & more so these last 3 games,but we also sold the opposition down the line…

We have to stop this OTT analyse and chasing average mistakes…It doesn’t prove who’s the better player…and fills FT with small irrelevances…

First our General all round game has to improve ,

this ain’t the time to go out pundit scoring..

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

His form hasn't been the same since he had a spell out and his decision making hasn’t been so clear. He has been thrown into a pressure cooker at a young age though and he is quite a passionate character. . It will be good experience in the long run  and with our defence so depleted he is going to get games to come good. JT and CS will sort him out

...wasn't he pulled in the first game under the new manager!!!

Thomas was brought in and you felt that the same thing was going to happen again last night as he was having a torrid time against Harrison. His decision-making and passing were off, and unable to link up with Barnes.