Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

9 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Like Tete, broken on to the scene with a big performance at Villa and has since declined each week. Strange one as seemed to have a swagger about him that the better players have but performances been anything but that.

Young, can develop but would need to see quicker progress should we stay up.

...true, I am sure that I read a post on FT that his demeanour has not gone down too well with the other players!!!

Can't find the post, but someone might recognise what they had posted previously.

1 hour ago, Twitcher said:

I think we do though. Right now I'd pick Thomas over him. I think he's more solid, goes forward and links play better, and has a better pass accuracy.

I'm not writing him off, but now is not the time for someone to be finding their feet, and trying to get with the pace of the Premier League.

Thomas has been awful this year, 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

That’s more often Team set up..Individual players get caught out.

He plays generally a good game,then our team defence throws individuals to the Lions..I still say we have tightened up,just before Rodgers departure & more so these last 3 games,but we also sold the opposition down the line…

We have to stop this OTT analyse and chasing average mistakes…It doesn’t prove who’s the better player…and fills FT with small irrelevances…

First our General all round game has to improve ,

this ain’t the time to go out pundit scoring..

...it is a relevant observation, if he (Castagne) continues to do this, then irrespective of how much we improve in other areas, we are going to be conceding goals and points if we fail to address this trait!!!

There is no one picking up a player at the back post because we are all drawn to the direction the cross will be coming from. It is a situation that occurred for the Bamford miss at the end, and for the Leeds goal, as no one is aware of the unmarked attacker at the back of our defensive line. We could so easily have lost that game because a player is unaware of who is around him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is a relevant observation, if he (Castagne) continues to do this, then irrespective of how much we improve in other areas, we are going to be conceding goals and points if we fail to address this trait!!!

There is no one picking up a player at the back post because we are all drawn to the direction the cross will be coming from. It is a situation that occurred for the Bamford miss at the end, and for the Leeds goal, as no one is aware of the unmarked attacker at the back of our defensive line. We could so easily have lost that game because a player is unaware of who is around him.

I would like to know who would be picking up a CF Bamford, even just with the eye.

This a major forward,how come he got behind Castagna made that movement without another big guy picking him up. This happened before with Ricardo,even Mendy..So I wouldn’t single him out…Its Defense set up Problem once we fallback or defending a set piece..

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I would like to know who would be picking up a CF Bamford, even just with the eye.

This a major forward,how come he got behind Castagna made that movement without another big guy picking him up. This happened before with Ricardo,even Mendy..So I wouldn’t single him out…Its Defense set up Problem once we fallback or defending a set piece..

...with the Bamford miss, no one was aware of where he was, that is criminal!!!

In the Leeds first goal, I believe it was Bamford that had two of our players marking him and no one was aware of their eventual scorer as we were all ball-watching. Tielemanns was not picking up any one and there was a vast area of space for the opposition to run into. Look at the gap between our Centre back and Kristiansen, there was no cover, Barnes was tracking his man but we should not have been in that shape in that instance. They have got to take a look at that.

Guest Col city fan

I think I’d rather we played Kristianssen over Thomas. Purely for his physical presence. Thomas is so slight, he gets bullied.

Anyone know when Justin is back in contention? He’s the best of them all, by some way imo.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think I’d rather we played Kristianssen over Thomas. Purely for his physical presence. Thomas is so slight, he gets bullied.

Anyone know when Justin is back in contention? He’s the best of them all, by some way imo.

I’d like to see Justin on the right and Kristiensen on the left. Castagne will probably leave as some stage as the Belgian contingent seems to  be being dispersed…

• Like 1

He's not been as good since he got that injury a few weeks back. And last night he looked so nervous and uncertain on the ball, which is a major worry. But I think we should persist with him as the potential is obviously there - look at his assist at the weekend; there is no way that Thomas makes that run in my view. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

...well you have to say that with Castagne also beside an attacker who is already picked up by a Centre Back, he should have sought to pick up the Sinisterra or at least be aware of where he is. Someone in the backline needs to bring these things to the player's attention, why do you think Keepers are always shouting at defenders!!!

If this is a defence set-up, then we have a major problem.

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...well you have to say that with Castagne also beside an attacker who is already picked up by a Centre Back, he should have sought to pick up the Sinisterra or at least be aware of where he is. Someone in the backline needs to bring these things to the player's attention, why do you think Keepers are always shouting at defenders!!!

If this is a defence set-up, then we have a major problem.

I agree with the main…but until We see more consistency for me we still have a defence set-up problem…

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Justin is fit but can't play him

Bodgers didn't put him in 25 man squad

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...wasn't he pulled in the first game under the new manager!!!

Thomas was brought in and you felt that the same thing was going to happen again last night as he was having a torrid time against Harrison. His decision-making and passing were off, and unable to link up with Barnes.

I meant before that. Didn’t he get injured early on. ?  Yeah he has been poor recently. Ricardo and castagne were the starters until Ricky got injured again. 

6 hours ago, Twitcher said:

I think we do though. Right now I'd pick Thomas over him. I think he's more solid, goes forward and links play better, and has a better pass accuracy.

I'm not writing him off, but now is not the time for someone to be finding their feet, and trying to get with the pace of the Premier League.

My point was that I'm assuming Thomas is injured as he wasn't on the bench against Leeds so the only other option would probably be Amartey at RB and Castagne LB...

5 hours ago, Andy W said:

Justin is fit but can't play him

Bodgers didn't put him in 25 man squad

Even worse, he named Bertrand - so there was a perfectly good slot for Justin to use in case he got back in time, but he's frittered it away on that pointless wastrel instead. Should have been a sacking offence on it's own, yet another Rodgers shaped nail in our Premier League Coffin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cosmik said:

There's some folk who think he's decent 😂

I know you think that's a witty response but that only works if he hadn't had a number of good games. People saying they always thought he wasn't good is just weird when based on his first few games no one would think that

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Got doubled up on a few times. Thankless task. Was demanding Barnes’ help but was too late to cover Kristiansen more often than not.

We gambled going forward (which I like) and got caught short. It happens, someone’s going to look sh!t as a result. 

He was alright in the second half. 

i’ve noticed a problem that both him and sometimes kdh have. When they play with Barnes and the ball is fed into him, both sometimes make good runs on the outside but because Barnes has no left foot, he simply can’t knock the ball out that way for them. 

Watch carefully, Barnes always has to turn inside so any decent run on the outside is ignored. 

Edited by Lambert09

14 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve noticed a problem that both him and sometimes kdh have. When they play with Barnes and the ball is fed into him, both sometimes make good runs on the outside but because Barnes has no left foot, he simply can’t knock the ball out that way for them. 

Watch carefully, Barnes always has to turn inside so any decent run on the outside is ignored. 

Barnes has a pretty reasonable left foot. About a third of his goals and assists for us are with his left, closer to 50% for West Brom where (I believe) he played more centrally. He clearly prefers his right and his first instinct is always going to be to cut inside but he's certainly nowhere near as one footed as e.g. KDH is.

• Like 1