Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

15 minutes ago, Guest said:

Barnes has a pretty reasonable left foot. About a third of his goals and assists for us are with his left, closer to 50% for West Brom where (I believe) he played more centrally. He clearly prefers his right and his first instinct is always going to be to cut inside but he's certainly nowhere near as one footed as e.g. KDH is.

that may be true but when was the last time you saw him use it? It’s also just a reluctance to lay that ball off.  Brendan has made him far too one dimensional imo 

On 28/04/2023 at 17:51, Lambert09 said:

that may be true but when was the last time you saw him use it? It’s also just a reluctance to lay that ball off.  Brendan has made him far too one dimensional imo 

That 2nd goal v Everton last time around wasn't half bad

I should think other than the obvious direct play and set pieces, Everton will be targeting Kristiansen with Iwobi. He needs to have a solid game and certainly up his performance from the Leeds game, massive night for this lad and us tomorrow. Needs steady nerves and a sensible approach.

7 hours ago, MalletFox said:

I should think other than the obvious direct play and set pieces, Everton will be targeting Kristiansen with Iwobi. He needs to have a solid game and certainly up his performance from the Leeds game, massive night for this lad and us tomorrow. Needs steady nerves and a sensible approach.

If he plays/defends like he did against Saka who is a much better player, then I’d take that.

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Yet the whole team have been playing like peak Brazil lately?

The hate this guy gets is insane.

I bet there wasn’t a single comment about VK like this based on his first few games.

I call players out so not having a go for that and VK has had some shockers lately but so has our best player for the past 12/18 months in Madders. 

Hate is a strong word to tag my comment in, for what it’s worth I think he’s going to be a solid player but he needs to improve his end product and passing.

If JJ and Ricky P were fit he wouldn’t be starting at the minute.

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Yet the whole team have been playing like peak Brazil lately?

The hate this guy gets is insane.

I bet there wasn’t a single comment about VK like this based on his first few games.

I call players out so not having a go for that and VK has had some shockers lately but so has our best player for the past 12/18 months in Madders. 

You can bet your Safeway trolley on that…well said youngman, definitely stacked the shelf’s right today..lol

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hate is a strong word to tag my comment in, for what it’s worth I think he’s going to be a solid player but he needs to improve his end product and passing.

Hate may be strong for your comment mate, so apologies for lumping you in that category.

Yet, he is getting pelters on here after being hailed as captain material initially, it’s the over-reaction (I’m def guilty of it too) about VK that seems OTT.

Whilst I agree, for his own benefit he would definitely have preferred if JJ and Ricky were fit to take him out of the firing line yet a bigger sentiment is that neither seem to be physically able to be fit for extended periods so don’t believe they’re the answer either, however sad that is to say out loud.

Edited by SafewayFox

32 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

JJ gets an awful amount of rave reviews when he is out. He's had about a spell of four weeks where he played very well, but besides that makes a mistake more often than not, every game, that leads to a goal. He's our weakest and most inconsistent full back.

44 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

JJ gets an awful amount of rave reviews when he is out. He's had about a spell of four weeks where he played very well, but besides that makes a mistake more often than not, every game, that leads to a goal. He's our weakest and most inconsistent full back.

I agree with the first part, but even so I would have had him in about VK if he was fit.

57 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't think that is true at all though, he was one of our best and highest rated players in 20/21 until his injury

Weakest and most inconsistent at the moment still has to be Thomas or possibly Kristiansen who started well but has had some shockers recently (Palace, Man City, Leeds)

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't think you're a million miles away here, to be honest, but I'm not sure we've seen him fully fit for a very long time. What he does do is generally holds a high position and also can move with the ball and gets us up the pitch. He plays well with whichever winger is in front of him and is happy to go beyond the midfielders. I really like him and I think under a fresh new regime we could see him back to his best if we let him get fully fit. Definitely has a mistake in him as he's always trying to be positive. I really like him. I think the fact that if we play say... him and Barnes one side, then we give the other team something to think about, as opposed to the other way round, and ultimately the game gets played about 10 yards further up the pitch than with Castagne or Thomas or VK.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned somewhere in another thread, BUT this guy trying to gee up the fans at half-time when we’re 3-0 down angered me like no other Leicester player has angered me before.

how can you be so f***ing stupid.

• Haha 4