Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

4 hours ago, shiv said:

The title winning band of brothers started this whole divide in the first place under Puel. It’s continued ever since. Not had the togetherness at this club for a long time. 

I think losing Kasper has lost any kind of togetherness within the camp with players stepping out of line etc 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

They don't pass to him because they don't trust him. 

Yeah - doesn't do the 'twisty turn, roundy woundy, end up in the same placey falley over try to get a fouly' move very well.

• Haha 4

Guest Col city fan

Just looks like another Championship standard player, like:

Souttar

Faes

Thomas

Big Dan Amartey

Daka

Soumare

its not surprising is it that we look like getting relegated 

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Odd, they pass back to Iversen who treats the ball like a hot potato at his feet so surely there is more to it than that?

What is this rubbish that keeps being said about Iversen. He ain’t that bad on the ball, he’s not the best either. He’s clearly being told to kick it long.

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Probably would’ve been a better signing if we already had someone more experienced at left back that he could cover for and learn from

We have Ryan Bertrand. England international and Champions League winner. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, frany104 said:

What is this rubbish that keeps being said about Iversen. He ain’t that bad on the ball, he’s not the best either. He’s clearly being told to kick it long.

It’s because if they put out stats for completed passes over 10 yards, he’d stand out like a sore thumb for having ridiculously low %

He is a very good shot stopper but his distribution is shocking for a “modern” day keeper, I’m sure there are bigger issues when we get relegated but if they replace him, with a more rounded keeper, I’d be fine with that.

I thought as soon as he came straight in for Thomas it was gunna upset the “boys club” and it showed. I said to people after his first few games under rodgers, that Barnes, KDH, madders clearly have an issue with him taking their mates place in the team.

Avoiding easy passes to him, leaving him purposely exposed, not playing him in after great runs with acres of space. I kept thinking surely they can’t be that petty. After the last few weeks it just seems more realistic. I think his confidence has dropped with that too. 

• Like 3

I've suspected there has been an issue here for a while. Victor often starts warms up on his own and doesn't look settled. If (and its a big if), the little boys club has targeted him because his inclusion upset their little group, then it highlights we have a massive cultural mess up in the club that some of these players need to be made held accountable for. And it seems Madders is the ring leader of it.

I wonder if Rodgers made Madders captain to try and keep some of this in check. If he was captain maybe he would pull all the troops together and move out of his little clique. Of course, what actually happened is Madders just tried to do everything himself.

Amazing that in 2023, with a club fighting relegation, and the team playing so poorly, that players think this is acceptable behavior. The fans are so far down the list of their priorities. 

And of course, there was his injury that occurred in training. Hmmmmm. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Smooch85 said:

I thought as soon as he came straight in for Thomas it was gunna upset the “boys club” and it showed. I said to people after his first few games under rodgers, that Barnes, KDH, madders clearly have an issue with him taking their mates place in the team.

Avoiding easy passes to him, leaving him purposely exposed, not playing him in after great runs with acres of space. I kept thinking surely they can’t be that petty. After the last few weeks it just seems more realistic. I think his confidence has dropped with that too. 

If that’s true then I really do despise this team on a personal front too 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I've suspected there has been an issue here for a while. Victor often starts warms up on his own and doesn't look settled. If (and its a big if), the little boys club has targeted him because his inclusion upset their little group, then it highlights we have a massive cultural mess up in the club that some of these players need to be made held accountable for. And it seems Madders is the ring leader of it.

I wonder if Rodgers made Madders captain to try and keep some of this in check. If he was captain maybe he would pull all the troops together and move out of his little clique. Of course, what actually happened is Madders just tried to do everything himself.

Amazing that in 2023, with a club fighting relegation, and the team playing so poorly, that players think this is acceptable behavior. The fans are so far down the list of their priorities. 

The season of 2022/23 that keeps giving.

What a hideous bunch of mentally weak and horrible group of “lads” that we have.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but the idea of Madders and Barnes going actually is so good for us as a club.

• Like 2

It’s laughable some of the stuff people make up. No one knows what goes on at the training ground other than those that work there. 

Look at the earlier games that Thomas played, players like Cags never passed to him either so is this because he wasn’t in the ‘boys club’?

Now I’ve said this before, I have an obvious bias but I try to look at the game objectively and I honestly prefer watching when Luke isn’t playing as it’s less based on the hammering he gets by some of the fans. 

Vk is physical gets forward a lot but on the ball he isn’t great in my opinion and on many occasions lumps the ball long. You could argue this is his team mates fault or the boys club as some refer to them as for not helping him out or this could be the instruction that the management team are giving him we don’t know bits it’s an area he can improve on for sure. 

Whilst he does get forward and I see this as a strength. I also watch him jog back when play breaks down something that Thomas has been criticised for on occasions too. 

He is a young lad moving to a new country so will need time to adjust however he needs to integrate with the team. Someone mentioned him coming out at warming up on his own at half time while the team are having a team talk which I find strange. Why wouldn’t he be listening to tactics for second half is this helping integrate with the team or making him look like he just prefers to be on his own? who knows. 

He started well and has dipped in performance recently, was this a good few games or is he inconsistent as he is young? time will tell. 

The final point is we could have prime Ashley Cole playing LB in this team and he would look poor too. Our midfield are the biggest problem and offer no protection. Our press is laughable, there is no desire to get back and support the defenders and we are so open that I genuinely think a half decent Saturday outfit would probably score a few against us. Maddison pretty much confirmed this is his interview that we are just too easy to play against. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

It’s laughable some of the stuff people make up. No one knows what goes on at the training ground other than those that work there. 

Look at the earlier games that Thomas played, players like Cags never passed to him either so is this because he wasn’t in the ‘boys club’?

Now I’ve said this before, I have an obvious bias but I try to look at the game objectively and I honestly prefer watching when Luke isn’t playing as it’s less based on the hammering he gets by some of the fans. 

Vk is physical gets forward a lot but on the ball he isn’t great in my opinion and on many occasions lumps the ball long. You could argue this is his team mates fault or the boys club as some refer to them as for not helping him out or this could be the instruction that the management team are giving him we don’t know bits it’s an area he can improve on for sure. 

Whilst he does get forward and I see this as a strength. I also watch him jog back when play breaks down something that Thomas has been criticised for on occasions too. 

He is a young lad moving to a new country so will need time to adjust however he needs to integrate with the team. Someone mentioned him coming out at warming up on his own at half time while the team are having a team talk which I find strange. Why wouldn’t he be listening to tactics for second half is this helping integrate with the team or making him look like he just prefers to be on his own? who knows. 

He started well and has dipped in performance recently, was this a good few games or is he inconsistent as he is young? time will tell. 

The final point is we could have prime Ashley Cole playing LB in this team and he would look poor too. Our midfield are the biggest problem and offer no protection. Our press is laughable, there is no desire to get back and support the defenders and we are so open that I genuinely think a half decent Saturday outfit would probably score a few against us. Maddison pretty much confirmed this is his interview that we are just too easy to play against. 

Is it made up though?

55 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why is it an assumption that its the fault of Madders and co? What if Kristiansen came in to the dressing and started acting like a dick and rubbing people up the wrong way. Yes, we need some aggression and someone to tell it how it is but we don't know if Kristiansen has done that. 

12 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Not really. Its a discussion forum. There is a clique (seen enough pictures of the buddies at the darts to know that!), and there clearly are problems in the squad. Not hard to imagine that the clique itself has caused issues. I've worked at many businesses were a 'boys club' causes issues with new staff.

17 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

Our midfield are the biggest problem and offer no protection. Our press is laughable, there is no desire to get back and support the defenders and we are so open that I genuinely think a half decent Saturday outfit would probably score a few against us. Maddison pretty much confirmed this is his interview that we are just too easy to play against. 

Agree. And Maddision is a big reason why our midfield is a weak as baby pi**.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why is it an assumption that its the fault of Madders and co? What if Kristiansen came in to the dressing and started acting like a dick and rubbing people up the wrong way. Yes, we need some aggression and someone to tell it how it is but we don't know if Kristiansen has done that. 

Someone new comes in and tells underperforming team that they like fight and balls whilst the privileged bunch are playing prime Brendan ball. How dare he. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Not really. Its a discussion forum. There is a clique (seen enough pictures of the buddies at the darts to know that!), and there clearly are problems in the squad. Not hard to imagine that the clique itself has caused issues. I've worked at many businesses were a 'boys club' causes issues with new staff.

Agree. And Maddision is a big reason why our midfield is a weak as baby pi**.

And everyone is making the assumption it’s the boys club causing the issues. I think I saw that VK was trying to get the crowd to support them on Saturday and was rightly told to **** off. How do we know he’s not doing similar in the changing room. 

My point is we don’t know but to say they don’t pass to him because he has taken a players place is laughable it really is granted this is my opinion and I’m sure other will have a different view as you rightly point out it’s a discussion forum. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Someone new comes in and tells underperforming team that they like fight and balls whilst the privileged bunch are playing prime Brendan ball. How dare he. 

Is that what he's said or have you just made some sort of guess?

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Is that what he's said or have you just made some sort of guess?

Just making it up mate. I’m in a stupid mood and will now jog on. Mondays performance has hit me today for some reason, and I’m really peed off with the old guard at the club.