Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

Won't be long before he is a shadow of his former self: weak, unfit, negative, afraid to tackle, afraid to attack, afraid to use any skill or flair that he has, always passing sideways or backwards and, basically, unable to play and enjoy football.

Yes, He'll have been Rodgered.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sampson said:

“How’s your Danish these days” is still a fair point though.

Expecting someone who speaks English as a second language to have to conform to pedantic grammatical debates as if they are a native speaker, when both variations are perfectly understandable, is gatekeeping the language to the extreme.  

Why does it matter whether his use of English is more based on US English or not.

I can only assume you’ve never had to learn and use a second language and then get told, despite being perfectly understandable, your language is still worth criticism because you don’t use pedantic, regional, grammatical variations.

Obviously never been to Denmark.  They, speak English better than we do.

42 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Obviously never been to Denmark.  They, speak English better than we do.

Been to Denmark several times. Used to go to Sweden 3 or 4 times a year with work too. They do speak a very high level of English in all the Nordic and Benelux countries, but they’re still not native speakers and you can still hear minor grammatical differences. But they’re so minor they’re irrelevant and expecting someone who speaks English as a 2nd language to have to care about whether something is an Americanism or a Britishism is gatekeeping the language to the extreme.

Language is supposed to allow us to communicate, as long as a person can understand and be understood why does anything else matter and who cares about which way it evolves really? Especially to demand that of people who speak it as a second language. Outside of the obvious flag-waving Brexiteers who demand that the English spoken in England is the “right” way to speak it, I mean.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Thomas gets little support from Barnes - and Faes plays very central pulling Thomas over and leaving space.  Almeron and Trippier were a hard test for thomas.  The EPL is a big test for foreign players - thery don't all make the transition.  Let's see what happens 

Just happy to potentially see something different. Thomas has been exposed all season and desperately needed a season on loan somewhere before being chucked in the deep end. 

10 minutes ago, Remote Dane said:

Dane here, and an avid supporter of Viktors previous club.

You have signed a diamond in the rough.

He has an incredible motor, will die on the pitch and has fire in his eyes when playing.

Will not accept less than 100% from his teammates.

Better defensively than offensively though he has really been adding to this lately, and he will make powerful deep runs if allowed to.

It is always a bit nerve wracking to see young players try to make it in the premiership. 
But you guys may just have made a bargain.

Could also fall through, but my gut feeling tells me you will be happy.

Especially with his old school work ethics and rage on the pitch.

Good luck to you and Viktor.

P.S. Sorry for potentially shifty grammar:)

He’ll get that trained out of him unless Rodgers goes anytime soon.

All the FCK boys I’ve spoken to are gutted to lose him. I’m a bit of part timer and was always more impressed with their other LB this season as he has a good free kick etc. However I’ve realised I’ve  seen quite a bit of VK this season, and it’s probably testament to him as a young player that he fits seamlessly into their side, extremely solid and mature, not overly flashy, just goes about his business. He also LOVES a slide tackle.

7 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

All the FCK boys I’ve spoken to are gutted to lose him. I’m a bit of part timer and was always more impressed with their other LB this season as he has a good free kick etc. However I’ve realised I’ve  seen quite a bit of VK this season, and it’s probably testament to him as a young player that he fits seamlessly into their side, extremely solid and mature, not overly flashy, just goes about his business. He also LOVES a slide tackle.

...yes I have noticed that he goes to the ground a lot!!!

It is a ploy I have noticed from defenders in Europe and it is verging on obstruction if you fail to time it right. When you are lying down in front of an attacker he has to lift the ball over your body and the attacker needs to hurdle over you to progress. If you saw the YouTube clip, at the start where he lays in front of the attacker, the ball rolls on to his supporting arm and is in fact a penalty. If you can get it right, it is a big advantage to the defender.

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...yes I have noticed that he goes to the ground a lot!!!

It is a ploy I have noticed from defenders in Europe and it is verging on obstruction if you fail to time it right. When you are lying down in front of an attacker he has to lift the ball over your body and the attacker needs to hurdle over you to progress. If you saw the YouTube clip, at the start where he lays in front of the attacker, the ball rolls on to his supporting arm and is in fact a penalty. If you can get it right, it is a big advantage to the defender.

Yeah I know the clip you’re referring to. It’s risky but at least he’s in the right place, which is something we are missing currently. I’ve noticed this season he likes to put a foot in on the more tricky wingers, and he’s always one to get the crowd going, very passionate lad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -sodapop said:

I won't pretend to know the actual grammatical rule, but 'Leicester City is..' sounds more correct to me as he's referring to it in the singular (i.e. Leicester City [Football Club] is a big club), as opposed to the collective plural ([The group of players fielded by] Leicester City are up 3-0 against Brighton at half time).

I think your point is painfully obvious to most people.

“Chelsea were defeated again today”, of course.  But you didn’t see “Chelsea FC were sold to American investors” did you?  The shares were sold; the club, a singular asset, was sold.

All that said, “Most bigger English football clubs were sold to Americans in the early 21st century” would of course be correct.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

You (and several others) don't have to put a downer on every single thing.

We've wanted signings for ages. We've got one so far. Let's actually try and wish him well and hope he does good instead of so many fans almost wanting to have the player destroyed to prove themselves right. 

Some seem to love all the negativity and see everything as a stick to beat the club, owner, managers and players.

Sadly some seem to get a kick out of it.

• Like 1