Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Victor Kristiansen Officially Signs

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yes I have noticed that he goes to the ground a lot!!!

It is a ploy I have noticed from defenders in Europe and it is verging on obstruction if you fail to time it right. When you are lying down in front of an attacker he has to lift the ball over your body and the attacker needs to hurdle over you to progress. If you saw the YouTube clip, at the start where he lays in front of the attacker, the ball rolls on to his supporting arm and is in fact a penalty. If you can get it right, it is a big advantage to the defender.

i fake slide tackle all the time 😂 if i know someone faster than me and is going to break free. I occasionally slide at them but purposely don’t touch them to make them react with the ball. the ammount of times that make a player take a too heavy touch and mess up is unreal. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

You (and several others) don't have to put a downer on every single thing.

We've wanted signings for ages. We've got one so far. Let's actually try and wish him well and hope he does good instead of so many fans almost wanting to have the player destroyed to prove themselves right. 

I don't want a player destroyed to prove myself right but under this manager he will without doubt be destroyed, along with his confidence.

There's no wanting to be proven right about it.

13 hours ago, Bert said:

Of course we’ve signed a player half way through pre season and “needs to get up to speed” lol 

I called it the other day in another thread. Are we the only club that does this? Surely the best way to get up to speed is to come into the team, maybe from the bench first but then eventually start.

I like this type of signing. However, I am resigned to the fact he will be shit under Rodgers as and when he gets to play so will not be judging him until I get to see him under a new manager.

Can guarantee that in a months time this thread will be overloaded with people writing him off calling him a waste of space!

• Like 1

On 21/01/2023 at 06:39, -sodapop said:

I won't pretend to know the actual grammatical rule, but 'Leicester City is..' sounds more correct to me as he's referring to it in the singular (i.e. Leicester City [Football Club] is a big club), as opposed to the collective plural ([The group of players fielded by] Leicester City are up 3-0 against Brighton at half time).

Late to this, but I tend towards your interpretation. The club can be singular or collective depending on the context, whether it is being referred to as an entity or a group of individuals.

'Leicester City has released its accounts, which make for poor reading' or 'Leicester City have capitulated from a winning position once again' - both are correct.

In this case I would probably choose the singular, as the club (entity) has signed the player, not the club (squad and staff having a whip-round).

It's a weird hill to die on at any rate.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

Yeah I know the clip you’re referring to. It’s risky but at least he’s in the right place, which is something we are missing currently. I’ve noticed this season he likes to put a foot in on the more tricky wingers, and he’s always one to get the crowd going, very passionate lad.

https://youtu.be/gTJxbYEuXwA

He looks strong, athletic, quick. He's left-footed and likes to go to the line or round the outside, which could be a nice foil for Barnes to offload and get into the box rather than blindly dribble inside.

He seems to stay on his feet and tight as often as he goes to ground. The video shows him making good decisions - but his highlights reel isn't going to show him cocking it up and fouling/being left on his arse.

He only picked up 2 bookings in 19 appearances (~1600 minutes) last year, but has 6 yellow cards in 15 (~1100 minutes) in 22/23.

Looks like he's a ball winner in the middle third and seems to have quick feet to play out of a tight spot.

Doesn't contribute much in terms of goals or assists, but looks like a solid, committed player from the little I've seen. 

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 2

Hard to see how he is going to make a difference to our relegation fight...50 games in the Danish league,he is still learning....you see how long it takes for players such as Ricardo or JJ to get up to speed after coming back from injuries...We need a January signing such as a Robert Huth to get us out of this 

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sounds like this lad has a bit of a personality and pride, I give him 2 months before he calls out Brendan's weird behaviour and is than banished to Soyuncu land.

'Hey Brendan, do you have a moment? I'd just like to have a quick chat about this whole 'playing out from the back' thing'.

Morning everyone, I hope you're doing well. Here's a short video (under 3 minutes) detailing everything you need to know about Victor Kristiansen and why I reckon he's destined for the very top for those interested. I know there's a lot of doom and gloom surrounding the club at the minute, but this signing has gone seriously under the radar given how talented he is. I can't wait to see him in action and wouldn't be surprised to see him become a fan favourite by this time next year. I'd love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have, cheers and enjoy your day!