Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Been told that Big Dan and Wout looked more solid today?

And that Ward made some good saves?

True?

Big Dan trying to find his players today 

edit: thought I could post a gif on here. Tried to add John Travolta looking around all confused in Pulp Fiction

Edited by The_77
See above

It was a slump buster at least. Bit of a kick in the teeth with the late goal given games coming up, but could do with taking something from Villa so we can go into Spurs with slightly more confidence.

You could see when Barnes and Vardy were 2 on 1 just how shot of confidence we are as a team. 

17 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Big Dan trying to find his players today 

edit: thought I could post a gif on here. Tried to add John Travolta looking around all confused in Pulp Fiction

Note: Lots of 'gifs' are actually mp4/video files these days that don't work the same way.

john-travolta-meme.gif

• Thanks 1

The last 30 minutes was basically a rerun of the home game against these last season. Grimly trying to hold on to a slender lead, whilst showing zero ambition to break forward or pass the ball constructively. We basically dropped into a 550 formation with nobody more than 40 yards from our goal. We got what we deserved in the end after serving up such awful, passive rubbish for a third of the game. That decision to drop so deep must be down to Rodgers. Had we played with a little more ambition there were definitely opportunities to get a third on the break, with their defence pushed up so high. Oh well, in the state we're in, a point at home to Brighton is not the worst result. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Still looks like Welbeck dived for that "pen". Clearly I can't see apparently

Wellbeck dives and makes a complete meal of it. Coming together and not clear and obvious error. I think we are fortunate the penalty wasn’t given but at the same time that’s soft from Wellbeck. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

2 points dropped as opposed to 1 gained. 

At least that's how it feels when you concede in the 88th minute and don't hold on to a lead :(

Happened far too often this season. 

This annoying habit well reminds me of that season 20 years ago in the Prem. under M.Adams! No matter what our lead we would end up with either 1 or nil points after 90 mins in more games than comfort. Obviously I hope we don't repliacate that 2003-04 season's finish this time around too as a consequence of our inability to close out games and hold on to the three points!

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Just watched the highlights through and bloody Hell, we didn’t half shit-house that!

The space Solly March had when he mis-kicked it over… the commentator was right..he had too much time

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Didn't realise quite how good they've been since back from the world cup either to be fair. Scored 3,2,4,3 and then 2 today. That run includes Arsenal and Liverpool too.

They were the 3rd or 4th in form team and a win would have put them 5th in the league, we were 20th in form guide yet some still think we should have won with ease, the thread frenzy has blinkered a lot of people.

• Like 1