Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Thread

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

Overall, another poor performance. We are totally spineless right across the pitch. The way we just roll over time after time is absolutely unforgiveable.

No logic whatsoever to sticking with Vardy when he is currently one of the most ineffective strikers in the league

You could see from the 70th minute how deep we were sitting and Brighton were all over us. Desperately needed another goal and it took him until the 85th minute to bring Daka on. 

The happy clappy crowd come across as over the moon with Rodgers. Completely out of touch with reality.

Daka lost the ball for their goal.

There seems to be no other game plan than just hanging on in games. No pattern to our play except sideways passing at the back then lose the ball or hoof it up field and lose the ball.

Dreadful performance again. Could have got 3 points but the reality is we were fortunate to get 1.

Need a change of management asap. It is so stale. A CB pairing of Amartey and Faes is going to get us relegated. 

• Like 1

Again a young new find from the opposition is our demise...

Something Rodgers can't even contemplate or beyond his imagination....We have 3 young players on the bench..though one hasn't been trusted to take it further...Why oh why hasn't Rodgers got the balls to play Braybrooke...and automatic have Nacho & Mcateer has attacking subs..

I would have had Maddison-Nacho-Mcateer at least ready & waiting..

Today one could see this wasn't Dakas type of game....Nacho-Madders would release space for each other & created chances & pressure...Vardy-Daka is not our strongest choice...

Edited by fuchsntf

A cowardly last half hour cost us two vital points. So negative and, as much as I can understand Madders as a 'gee the crowd up' sub, it was tactical suicide to do that and kill our midfield edge. All the football knowledge of Ted Lasso.

Rodgers, fall on your sword, I'm sick of you.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

Frustrating with how it ended but we have to be ok with a point there against a Brighton side who are poles apart from us. We are a total rebuild.

I ask myself would Everton start Ward / Amartey / Thomas / Mendy / Albrighton or even Vardy today, I don't think so. 

We are where we are so have to get behind the lads and hope that injuries returning turn fortunes around and we survive, still half the season to go.

• Haha 2

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Daka lost the ball for their goal.

There seems to be no other game plan than just hanging on in games. No pattern to our play except sideways passing at the back then lose the ball or hoof it up field and lose the ball.

Dreadful performance again. Could have got 3 points but the reality is we were fortunate to get 1.

Need a change of management asap. It is so stale. A CB pairing of Amartey and Faes is going to get us relegated. 

It doesn't surprise me Daka lost it. He's got no confidence either. He always gets brought on with 5 minutes to go when our backs are against the wall or we are already losing. It's like being thrown into a shark pen.

Nacho and Daka will not get better unless they have a good run of games. If they are the future, why the hell aren't we developing them.

• Like 4

I’m as vexxed as everyone else regarding our predicament. The opening half just showed the dire situation we’re in where barnes was scared to attack and Vardy looked like he was tackling himself half the time. It’s obvious Rogers has drilled the team to stay solid and not conceded until they can get a foothold in the game. I’m not sure what everyone is expecting. It was the right thing to do imo as hard a watch it is. Of course we did concede lol that’s so us but it fired everyone up atleast. 

So reasons to be cheerful:

Tielemans worked his balls off making tackles but tired towards the end. Yes he does still care.

Ward pulled off some great saves

Thomas played & fought harder today

overall there was more spirit & fight

madders is back & boy do we need him

Victor is a more aggressive player and his energy and gusto will help the team

KDH is back but looks rusty 

Easy to blame individuals for the goal, and I'm not saying we shouldn't, but the truth we're simply not good enough anywhere on the pitch right now. Or indeed off it. We're too easy to play against generally and have zero confidence and are too dependent upon a few players to produce something decent. Players like Ward, Amartey, Mendy, Daka, Barnes (at the moment), KDH are basically 5/6 out of 10 players with the occasional 7/10 performance. With Vardy looking finished we simply don't have enough quality in this side to stay up unless three other team are going to perform worse than us which I'm not confident will happen. It is hard to see us getting many more than 34 points which probably won't be enough.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 2

Brighton were a league apart from us. Their link up play was magical. Every ball went to foot. Ward made some great saves and they missed some sitters. Sadly we didn’t win (I had a bet an should have closed out) but I’ll take 2-2. This is a battle for survival now and a lot of teams are as sh@t as us

26 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Didn't deserve a lead and still scuppered it. This team can't even take a gift wrapped W. They are the absolute embodiment of the manager. Impotent and unlikeable.

It hurts to say it, but those last two words impotent & unlikable, a scratch that doesn't belong in decent oppo relegation fighters,from the last few seasons....

That and no other reason I want Rodgers replaced....Fight & performances are key...

Maybe just maybe some returnees might up our chances...We can't game manage the last 10 minutes & that open space for an 18 year old...!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1