Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Thread

Brighton are playing better than us right now and playing better than Chelsea and Liverpool. That does not mean they are intrinsically better than us. We can play much better. Even 10% better will earn us more points ,probably enough to maintain mid-table.

Thought we were much better than recently. Seemed like we were willing to give Brighton respect and adapt to having less of the ball. Things seemed to be bouncing for us until the late equaliser but we'd dropped so deep by then.

Still, first point of the season having not scored first.

All I can say is we're gonna be back in relegation zone in the next few games, literally can't see where a win is coming from right now. We'll be lucky to get 30 points this season, and that'll take us down. We're completely screwed, unless action is taken. If KP bankrupt our club, I'll not be happy, and that's becoming ever more real with each passing week. Time to get rid of BR and KP sell up before the dream is really well and truly a nightmare.

Is this idiot manager still in charge of this club? We play in the image of Rodgers, negative and afraid to gamble at any stage even when at home. Same formation, same players and nearly the same result. Berk! 

They ran the game, we were lucky to get a point. I was surprised we didn’t do a repeat of Spurs last season and concede the winner once they scored at 2-2. 

One unhappy fan here, married with two kids and extremely pissed off. 

• Like 1

Same set up, same game plan, same tactics, an unexpected draw.

Next match will be as above, until something changes, if it doesn't we will be scratching around the relegation zone for the remainder of the season, its depressing, no point in wasting your Money, Free time, Energy or precious Family events, Mileage wear and tear on the car, or Gut churning feeling in ur stomach, that is now, unfortunately an established match day feeling!

We were lucky to get the point, we are simply no longer the same Leicester team we’ve been since we moved up, and tbf this Brighton side isn’t the same Brighton we’ve seen in the previous few seasons, credit where credit is due, they’ve become quite good.

That’s just how things are in sports, it moves in cycles.

• Like 2

I am amazed Castagne does not get more stick.Thought he was woeful defensively yet again with Brighton constantly getting around the back of him, the much maligned Thomas was far better than him today after a dodgy first 10 minutes.

• Like 2

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Brighton are playing better than us right now and playing better than Chelsea and Liverpool. That does not mean they are intrinsically better than us. We can play much better. Even 10% better will earn us more points ,probably enough to maintain mid-table.

Agree, but when we boo the back side out the players every other week at Home, whether it to get Rogers out or whatever it does not help.

Nobody is happy with our current situation especially us fans (the the quality we are seeing is very poor, but then have to be realistic with the quality of the squad which with all the injuries and lack of investment is border line Premier league quality). I don't actually think replacing Rogers will change anything, our issues come from a lack of investment at a critical time. 

So regarless, I'll back the lads week in week out. 

• Like 1

The bottom line is that when you're in a relegation battle you cannot relinquish 2 points when you are leading with a couple of minutes to go. We are now a point above the relegation zone with four likely defeats on the horizon. Persisting with brand Rodgers is akin to playing Russian roulette. Despite the talent we have at our disposal (this group of players were pushing to finish fourth twice within the last three years) it's a dangerous gamble! If I we go 8 defeats and 1 draw after the World Cup break Top will surely have to roll the dice and show Rodgers the door but by then it could be too late.