Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Thread

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Fantastic point against a top top team. Brighton are a cracking town with wonderful people

I know this is a joke but it’s brilliant that he’s genuinely a lot more complimentary of random opposition sides & their fans than he is about his own shitting players 😂

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We were much better than in recent weeks against a very good side, we more than matched them.

Oaly like that every week, and with Madders rerunning to the team, we start moving up the table pretty soon.

Shame we didn’t quite hold on, but way more than most of you were predicting pre game.

54 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

same old crap get in front stick ten men behind the ball on the edge of our box and wait for them to score, cowardly play get him gone FFS.

Foxestalk in a nutshell........

Can't get my head around playing 90 minutes of football with every player sat back in our half. Vardy pretty much played as another midfielder all game. The number of times we won the ball and there was no forward pass was ridiculous. 

Feels like 2pts lost but in reality it's 1pt gained because yet again we were poor.

Got away with one there and everything has been said on this thread, but in the situation we’re in it might be an important point against a decent side. 
What I don’t get is why loads of fans got up to leave at the time of their equaliser. It didn’t put us 2 or 3 down. Yes people pay their money and can do what they like of course, but we’re still in the game and does that help the passive atmosphere or the team? Just bizarre to leave in this context.

Edited by Drew Peacock

Let's be honest, when we went ahead who actually thought we've got this in the bag.

I said to my disinterested wife, they'll equalise, it really is the Norm now.

He is here to stay, Top just wont get rid, and BR, like certain players, is running that lucrative contract down, whilst applying the bare minimum effort, coaching and managing, it reflects on the players.

• Like 4

Brighton had more possesion because because our manager set us up like we were playing real madrid away ffs.

I don't think vardy has gone so bad so quick its just he isnt getting the support to find spaces and half the time ends up on the wings.

But hey ho brendan knows best 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

Agree, but when we boo the back side out the players every other week at Home, whether it to get Rogers out or whatever it does not help.

Nobody is happy with our current situation especially us fans (the the quality we are seeing is very poor, but then have to be realistic with the quality of the squad which with all the injuries and lack of investment is border line Premier league quality). I don't actually think replacing Rogers will change anything, our issues come from a lack of investment at a critical time. 

So regarless, I'll back the lads week in week out. 

Rodgers replaced one back-from-injury player (our MOTM) with another one today instead of shoring up with one of Wilf or Soumare. It wasn't wrong to take KDH off in his first game back, but for Christ's sake, given we were already under the cosh (because of our shit-scared approach to defending a lead), abandoning the midfield battle was criminally incompetent. We spent the last 25 minutes penned in waiting to concede, which we inevitably did.

Back the lads, but that was appalling tactical mismanagement for the sake of 'vibes'. Maddison was the wrong sub. Rodgers cost us two points.

EDIT - I've just seen the team sheet. I apologise, didn't know both wilf and bouba were out. Still might as well have kept KDH on.

Edited by OntarioFox