Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Brighton - Post Match Thread

38 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

That's a positive 1 point from another negative performance. If it stayed 1-1 until the 85th min it would be 0 (nil) points 100%. Can we build up from this? Maybe. Get Soyuncu in, get rid of Amartey. Ndidi as DMF. 

It's going to be a long season unfortunately. 

N’Didi 😂😂

Some mixed opinions on here. 

On one hand a decent point against a very good side on the other hand we looked totally devoid of ideas and were lucky to to get a point.

Three or four chances and we converted two of them on the other hand we had so very little possession and didn’t create much at all. 

It was a bit meh again and I’m glad to get home. We need at least two more players in this windows to fire some life into us. 

Went to the game today/ left at 82mins as I needed to get home , anyway I feel robbed because I thought we’d nicked a win not that I thought we deserved it entirely. Only found out the result when I got into the motor. Also know that there’s an awful long way to go before May ( end of season) however if we do remain in the premiership then in my opinion I feel Leicester need at least 10 new players ( complete overhaul) . What with players apparently leaving & players coming to an end of the careers we also have players who just ain’t up to the standard I saw that first hand today ( ain’t naming players but we all know who ). Love Leicester so much as a football team & just pray that we find some future Gems of the football world who’ll take us forwards as a club / team. Don’t know how I feel Brendan Rodgers anymore 

1 point is more than I thought and stops the losing run. 

Rodgersball as usual our downfall, the players over pass and under think. 

This formation and style of play hasn’t worked for most of the season.  The tactics to hold on to a lead where everyone sitting back deep and letting them get close to the box hasn’t worked.  So let’s continue with it. 

Their equaliser could have been avoided if Daka had just punted the ball rather than try to dribble it out, turning back towards our goal and lose it. 

When Youri passes forward we look like something can happen. Maddison positive and forward thinking as always. 

3 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Two minutes away from a win, and l have seen worst then that this season.

That's because we've been simply terrible in a lot of games. We were very poor and very lucky to get a point. Continue to play like that and we will go down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Mitoma’s gonna be a star isn’t he? Was also quite impressed with Dunk’s distribution - a lot of people on here turned their noses up at previous links with him - we could and have done worse 

He was their playmaker!

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It was pretty crap again in my opinion.

Brighton were neat and tidy, but the first goal you could see coming a mile off, we’re just so ****ing passive when defending its beyond a joke. The lad was tearing Timmy a new arsehole all game, so just allowing to step inside so easily and take the shot was pretty criminal. 

Brighton are alright, they get into nice areas in the pitch and move the ball around well, however, defensively they were there for the taking in my opinion, both of our goals were poorly defended, and if we had asserted a bit more pressure with the press we could have even got more goals. 

For about twenty minutes either side of half time we did look aggressive, we pressed better, and we started to limit the amount of time Mac Allester had on the ball. But as soon as we scored we defaulted back into this rancid tactic of sitting off and inviting on pressure…. It was inevitable that Brighton would score a second goal, we may as well have just scored it for them.

We are far too passive, we don’t press enough, the only player really doing this was KDH, but he can’t do it alone. There’s no pace in our game, so players like Barnes have zero momentum to play with. The movement off the ball is so static that a forest of trees would have more movement. These are basics of the game, Brighton didn’t do anything groundbreaking, they just passed and moved fairly well, and this isn’t something you need highly skilled players for, just well drilled.

This pissing around at the back HAS to stop, another stupid tactic that Brendan has to stop we can’t do it, and we will just get murdered by better teams. 

Vardy had to come off earlier, Daka would have helped pick the press up again, but he came on far too late when the momentum was lost, and the game was back in Brighton’s control. 

The team wreaks of Brendan’s negativity, to concede so easily after working our way back was scandalous, we’ve got a host of horrid games coming up that could well cement our position in the bottom three, so to get a win today would have been huge. 

I maintain that nothing will change regardless of signings. Brendan has to go if we want to stay up. 

Hit the nail on the head, Rodgers ball has stifled the players, I cannot imagine any of them enjoy playing this way.

• Like 1

Better performance  BUT the bar was at a very low level.

Brighton pinged the ball around really well and lovely 1 touch football which we just cant do atm.

Abit of fight to get infront but it was never going to last was it?

Really really amateurish to give the goal away at the end...who was at fault, was it Daka?

Why the feck do we sit back so.much in the end, we were like the away team st times.

Vardys just isnt in it is he? Really struggling.

Atmosphere was poor again until we took the lead BUT there were spells were we tried to lift the team.

If you were a neutral  this was a really decent game to watch I suspect.

A points a point but we definitely  gave 2 away with sloppiness 

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2

So I missed it all today. Couldn't get to the game, couldn't watch it on TV, and even missed commentary.

All I got whilst travelling home on Radio 5 Live is "back to the King Power where there's been a fourth goal...." "Yes it's an equaliser for Brighton and they deserve it."

Is that a fair statement of how it went?

Brighton were dangerous on the attack and looked threatening up front when ever they had the ball . Our best form of defence is attack. Vardy did nothing all game. At least we had a decent midfield and Ward made some good saves. Albrighton played a blinder 

It was a better result than I expected.

Edited by 1884Man

10 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

So I missed it all today. Couldn't get to the game, couldn't watch it on TV, and even missed commentary.

All I got whilst travelling home on Radio 5 Live is "back to the King Power where there's been a fourth goal...." "Yes it's an equaliser for Brighton and they deserve it."

Is that a fair statement of how it went?

They deserved to win imo

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hit the nail on the head, Rodgers ball has stifled the players, I cannot imagine any of them enjoy playing this way.

I agree. I would like to think that most players would want a positive, attacking, pressing, physical style of play. I only played at a local level but it felt much more exciting and rewarding when my team played on the front foot and actually took the game to the opposition. It was thrilling to be a part of that even if we lost. It made me want to go to training and play again in the next match because it gave me HOPE that we could do better.

That was actually down to our manager and his encouragement and belief.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Cannot understand the ‘we were better’ opinion. 

We have no style of play, and Brighton were so much better.

It’s a huge indictment of how poor we’ve become when clubs such as Brighton play better football. 

It was dross. Rodgers out. We were lucky to get a point.

I would have been happy with a point at kick off, what with their form and ours, but that was a crap team performance, flat atmosphere and we were lucky to be gifted two goals by defensive errors. So not happy at the final whistle.

Edited by foxinsox

Brendan Rodgers critical of Leicester City players who 'don't care enough' after Brighton draw
The Leicester City manager gave his thoughts on the club's 2-2 draw with Brighton, with Marc Albrighton and Harvey Barnes putting his side ahead before Evan Ferguson's late equaliser

ByJordan Blackwell
18:47, 21 JAN 2023

Leicester City players lack care and pride in possession, heightening the need for signings of greater technical quality, manager Brendan Rodgers said after his side’s 2-2 draw with Brighton.

City gave the ball away for both of the goals they conceded to the Seagulls, with Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall guilty of a sloppy pass for the Kaoru Mitoma’s opener, and Patson Daka the culprit for the late Evan Ferguson equaliser. Rodgers lambasted Dewsbury-Hall on the touchline during the first half and was critical of his side’s play on the ball after the game too.

“You play at this level, you have to have a pride with the ball,” he said in his post-match press conference. “There’s a number of our players who don’t care enough when they have it. They’re happy to give it away, or not bothered enough to give it away.

“You have to deal with the ball at the highest level. You have to be technically able to play quickly or protect the ball.

“That’s always frustrated me, since I was a young coach, giving the ball away cheaply. Because if you give it away, you’re running after it. At this level, they’re picking it out the back of the net

“It’s an important attribute to have. We’re missing players that allow you to do that better. It’s always something you need to be good with the football.”

City had trailed to Mitoma’s strike but responded quickly through Marc Albrighton. Harvey Barnes then put them ahead with around 25 minutes to play. However, they then sat deep, allowing Brighton to build the pressure that ended with Ferguson heading in.

Rodgers said: “(Sitting deeper) is natural. It’s what happens. They move the ball ever so well. They’re a team with super technical quality. They can work the game.

“It’s a natural thing that happens in the game. But also, it’s because we can’t keep the ball. We didn’t have periods with the ball.

“That’s why we need improvements in the squad, to bring in players who are technically better that allow us to do that. You do get forced back in games.

“We were still okay in it. We didn’t give too much away. But for the two goals, we have given the ball away and we have to be better in that.”

He's correct but is publicly slagging players off going to improve their confidence? He's been talking the team down since the close season no wonder they lack pride when the manager keeps telling them they're not good enough.

Nothing is ever his fault, his formations are always perfect, his player pick is second to none and his tactics are beyond reproach. 

image.png.d14fe4399a9cd1b3393c4dac9405d211.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

It is utterly soul-destroying that one can barely celebrate goals that put us in front, because you know what's coming. There wasn't a single moment between Barnes' goal and the inevitable that I thought we would win the game.

Just hope you’re taking advantage. EASY $ to be made by betting once we take the lead. I’m low stakes so it’s only got me a couple dinners but if you were so inclined it could probably get you a car in 2-3 weeks. Just keep adding on every 5 minutes as the odds increase. 

Edited by Bats8711