Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

The man has been given a ridiculous amount of money for a set period of time, he's about to have a child and is massively settled in this country.

From a football standpoint I don't blame him, he didn't force us to pay those wages.

Let's be better than getting personal right now when he's about to welcome a child into the world.

Saying that, once his contracts up he can fvck right off lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

I'm sorry, what the hell is this. Won't go Berlin, but Monaco come knocking and out comes the passport. If this is true, not only is he a parasite, but also a prized hypocrite. I nearly dropped my sheer disdain because of his pregnant partner, but this is taking the absolute...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the summer Rodgers took a squad of 30+ to France. I said at the time it wasn’t the best way to show the likes of Vestergaard and Perez that they were wasting their time sticking around. We’ve made it far too comfortable for this lump to stay with involvement here and there.

Why should he leave? His last 6 months haven’t really been hell and he’s been in  and around it.

• Like 2

Next round of money pot that comes along we have to get shot of vesty and Berty in the summer. No way in hell can they stay on the payroll. If the club has to buy out their contracts and terminate/move on thats what they need to do. We need spaces for good players to come in who contribute to the effort. No more free loaders please. To think I've been taking the pee out of my Manu supporting cousins for their club being an eternal retirement home for Phil 'plodder' Jones. We are even worse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Next round of money pot that comes along we have to get shot of vesty and Berty in the summer. No way in hell can they stay on the payroll. If the club has to buy out their contracts and terminate/move on thats what they need to do. We need spaces for good players to come in who contribute to the effort. No more free loaders please. To think I've been taking the pee out of my Manu supporting cousins for their club being an eternal retirement home for Phil 'plodder' Jones. We are even worse.

Bertrand expires June 30th.

Vestergaard expires in another 17 months. Doubt he’ll leave. 

On 31/01/2023 at 22:52, Freeman's Wharfer said:

In the summer Rodgers took a squad of 30+ to France. I said at the time it wasn’t the best way to show the likes of Vestergaard and Perez that they were wasting their time sticking around. We’ve made it far too comfortable for this lump to stay with involvement here and there.

Why should he leave? His last 6 months haven’t really been hell and he’s been in  and around it.

How popular is the player around the squad ?  No reason to think he isn’t. 
it’s not good for squad morale to just dump someone who hasn’t done anything wrong. 

He would have been told that he was fifth choice CB pre season.  I’m sure he thought about leaving. Then the fofana thing popped up and he may have thought he could fight to become third or fourth choice.  Faes came out of nowhere - he probably thought we weren’t buying anyone just like we did.  

his circumstances are now different with his impending new child - if all goes well i would think he would take a move away this summer although I doubt he wants to move out of the U.K. unless it was to Denmark. 

On 31/01/2023 at 21:22, EastAnglianFox said:

The man has been given a ridiculous amount of money for a set period of time, he's about to have a child and is massively settled in this country.

From a football standpoint I don't blame him, he didn't force us to pay those wages.

Let's be better than getting personal right now when he's about to welcome a child into the world.

Saying that, once his contracts up he can fvck right off lol

What’s having a kid got to do with being twat?

• Haha 1

I agree there’s no need to be nasty and get personal, but at the same time he is using personal reasons to justify sitting on his arse on big money - and in doing so you could argue he’s not helping the club.

I don’t know how far along his wife is, but I’ll tell you now that health services in Berlin and Monaco will be better than here. Not sure I buy it.

Through not playing he’s lost his place in his national team and frankly he should be extremely happy clubs like Hertha Berlin and Monaco showed a concrete interest. He could well ruin his career by not playing here.

But who I am to make decisions about his family and career? His choices are just disappointing from our perspective.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I want to be there when one of the keyboard warriors on here tells Jan to eff off to his face. Me, I think we have more to worry about than this.

Being 13 feet tall has very little to do with the ability to cause physical harm to another human being, no?

It's not his fault he doesn't want to go is it.  No one forced Leicester to pay him the wages we did.   It's also not his fault that Rodgers doesn't play him.  

I don't blame the guy for running down his contract.  I'd be pissed too if someone bought me from a club I was playing at every week, to then sit me on the bench constantly albeit with a pay rise.  

This should be a lesson learned.  Stop buying shit players and offering them a ridiculous wage at the same time.  You'll never ever shift them on during their contract if it doesn't work out.

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

I made a comment about him being all about the bag before the new info came out about not wanting to leave his pregnant wife.

Fair enough if he doesn't want to fly. And, let's be honest, a long car journey or several of them, or a mix of car, train and boat, to get from Leicester to Berlin or Leicester to Monaco isn't going to be ideal for a pregnant woman who's about to give birth.

Fair play on him for putting his family first. Not ideal for us but we have been very generous and very risky with our wage structure and it's now harming our ability to refresh the squad.

Also, looking at how Fulham are doing now, I'd say Vestergaard is also regretting not making the move to West London at the start of the season.

Just a crappy situation all round really. But, I hope his wife and the forthcoming baby are well and come the summer a deal can be done to free up his wages from our books and get him playing football somewhere.