Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

18 hours ago, BKLFox said:

What is his fault on the face of it is a zero sense of pride or achievement & what's happened in the last 2 days is a classic example with Marc A.

Sharkey going out on loan to play football not for money but because he's a footballer,

he's gone out because being a footballer he wants to play as much as he can &

taken a hard decision to leave the comfort of Seagrave,

he takes pride in playing & wants to be able to say he finished his career whilst still on the pitch & not be one of those players that just sits around as their careers just fades away

& he also wants his young kids to be able to see him playing the game.

I will not knock him (Vestagaard) for wanting to be a husband & father & fair play to him, i'd hope that every man on this forum would put their family before any work commitments also, but that said i wouldn't keep myself in a permanent state of limbo which he is & jeopardising his long term prospects, we are not talking about a 6mth secondment to the Falkland Isles with no return contact inbetween, we are talking about 2 major cities in Berlin/Monaco that have quicker flight times to/from EMA than Leicester to Fulham by Train.

It's also football he plays he's not 1 of 2 only skilled employees of a nuclear power plant i'm sure there would be arrangements made around paternity leave etc etc

Finally if its all about the money (& not saying it is on his behalf but a few posters suggest why should he move) surely as the club are instigating the move, ie told him it's best he looks else where, any loss of wages would be made up in a transfer deal in way of compensation i'd have thought so he wouldn't miss out on anything except that he might have to put on a clubs strip every saturday & go get muddy.

You're projecting a heck of a lot of presumed intentions from Marc Albrighton. Have you heard or read that these are his intentions?

Using him in this manner to reinforce your case against Vestagaard, wouldn't stand in any disinterested forum of judgement. It's conjecture and meaningless.

Perhaps Sharkey's move was prompted by being peed off with Rodgers' scant selection of him and his overall hit-and-miss management of a squad that has far more potential than he can produce from them.

Hiring Vestagaard (and Bertrand) was sheer folly. Hiring them at inflated salaries was just panic buying. Faes was the player we needed in that transfer window. And, however much Luke Thomas has been vilified on this forum by blinkered know-nothings, he was there and eager to work. Bertrand made instantly forgettable appearances and then quickly disappeared.

You want Vesty to get City out of a problem that City created. He's already had to uproot from Saints - and the only reason he could be persuaded to do that was probably for a decent salary.

He's just another example of the cattle-auction mentality of football - buying and selling players as if they were livestock. The only difference between football clubs and farmers is that farmers would go bust if they managed their farms as badly as clubs are managed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BKLFox said:

What is his fault on the face of it is a zero sense of pride or achievement & what's happened in the last 2 days is a classic example with Marc A.
Sharkey going out on loan to play football not for money but because he's a footballer, he's gone out because being a footballer he wants to play as much as he can & taken a hard decision to leave the comfort of Seagrave, he takes pride in playing & wants to be able to say he finished his career whilst still on the pitch & not be one of those players that just sits around as their careers just fades away & he also wants his young kids to be able to see him playing the game.

I will not knock him for wanting to be a husband & father & fair play to him, i'd hope that every man on this forum would put their family before any work commitments also, but that said i wouldn't keep myself in a permanent state of limbo which he is & jeopardising his long term prospects, we are not talking about a 6mth secondment to the Falkland Isles with no return contact inbetween, we are talking about 2 major cities in Berlin/Monaco that have quicker flight times to/from EMA than Leicester to Fulham by Train.
It's also football he plays he's not 1 of 2 only skilled employees of a nuclear power plant i'm sure there would be arrangements made around paternity leave etc etc

Finally if its all about the money (& not saying it is on his behalf but a few posters suggest why should he move) surely as the club are instigating the move, ie told him it's best he looks else where, any loss of wages would be made up in a transfer deal in way of compensation i'd have thought so he wouldn't miss out on anything except that he might have to put on a clubs strip every saturday & go get muddy.

I think ****ing off to another country for work while your wife has a baby is a pretty quick route to a divorce.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Sharkey going out on loan to play football not for money but because he's a footballer, he's gone out because being a footballer he wants to play as much as he can & taken a hard decision to leave the comfort of Seagrave, he takes pride in playing & wants to be able to say he finished his career whilst still on the pitch & not be one of those players that just sits around as their careers just fades away & he also wants his young kids to be able to see him playing the game.

I will not knock him for wanting to be a husband & father & fair play to him, i'd hope that every man on this forum would put their family before any work commitments also, but that said i wouldn't keep myself in a permanent state of limbo which he is & jeopardising his long term prospects, we are not talking about a 6mth secondment to the Falkland Isles with no return contact inbetween, we are talking about 2 major cities in Berlin/Monaco that have quicker flight times to/from EMA than Leicester to Fulham by Train.

I’d hope every woman on the forum would put there family before work commitments too…

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

You're projecting a heck of a lot of presumed intentions from Marc Albrighton. Have you heard or read that these are his intentions?

Using him in this manner to reinforce your case against Vestagaard, wouldn't stand in any disinterested forum of judgement. It's conjecture and meaningless.

Perhaps Sharkey's move was prompted by being peed off with Rodgers' scant selection of him and his overall hit-and-miss management of a squad that has far more potential than he can produce from them.

No projections on Sharkey everything I said came from the horses mouth after several interviews both in the written and tv press.

Which brings us onto paragraph 2, 95% of the stuff that’s written on this forum and especially about Rodgers is conjecture and meaningless & yet somehow sticks 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

On 03/02/2023 at 11:31, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’d argue that it is - because he doesn’t perform and is shit

He’d be okay in the right system. He’s proved that for Denmark and Southampton when utilised correctly. 

Unfortunately, it’s not the system

we play, or will ever play whilst Rodgers is here. So as a signing, it never made any sense. 

3 hours ago, LCFCABC said:

Sharkey was on talkSPORT on Thursday. 

Wants game time, doesn’t want to disappear into retirement. 

He’s a proper pro and sets a fantastic example to the other players. 

I think we’ll miss him in the dressing room etc. 

Difference is moving to West Brom though, as it is relatively close to Leicester. I’m pretty sure he still lives in the West Midlands as well, as he still attends the odd Villa game.

If you’ve got a young family, have a local network which you rely upon or have ties to etc, it’s a commitment that not everyone wants to make, whatever profession you work in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He’d be okay in the right system. He’s proved that for Denmark and Southampton when utilised correctly. 

Unfortunately, it’s not the system

we play, or will ever play whilst Rodgers is here. So as a signing, it never made any sense. 

Not sure it worked out for him at Southampton either 

10 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Just a minute there.........Vesty says he doesn't want to play abroad???

He is playing abroad......HERE

He's lived here for quite a few years now, so HERE isn't really abroad... But deep down you probably already know that 

On 04/02/2023 at 09:24, LCFCABC said:

Sharkey was on talkSPORT on Thursday. 

Wants game time, doesn’t want to disappear into retirement. 

He’s a proper pro and sets a fantastic example to the other players. 

I think we’ll miss him in the dressing room etc. 

I'm sorry I missed the interview. You can't do better than report 'from the horse's mouth'.

Talk Sport is the channel I most listen to - whilst driving, so infrequent.

According to Leicestershire Live he had a man-of-the-match performance - 8/10 - which indicates he's been under utilised and under appreciated at City.

On 04/02/2023 at 18:35, FoxTimmy2 said:

Hit and miss those Danes. This one is a bum.

It’s the same with players of any nation. To an extent it’s even true of your own academy products. You never know how a player is going to perform in your first team until you try. That is further affected by form and fitness and relationship with the other players as it is a team game. That said it is important to do your due diligence and know the players strengths and weaknesses and whether it it is what your team needs and will they fit in. That alone should have rung alarm bells in this case unless we didn’t really know what we wanted or hadn’t done the spade work. 

Edited by Supergray22