Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Jannik Vestergaard

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

And people still think he was a panic buy when in reality Brendan was a great admirer of him and wanted him 18months before he eventually joined Leicester

Its actually worse than this, we were heavily linked before he even joined southampton. He had been on our actual radar for nearly 4/5 years. 

My guess is because we were targeting a ball playing cb, pace was not something we were prioritizing, we went for maguire... who again was a big lad, who lacked pace but would battle and was good at passing... we've not really even left that mould as souttar again matches the profile of the boxes vestergarde was ticking.  The key difference is that vestergarde is a lot slower than both of them and he also isnt actually that good in the air. He seemed to do well from corners for southampton but he's not shown that for us. 

With the way we play, a slow cb is going to get shown up, which is why theres a little bit of a worry about souttars pace. 

All I will say on vestergarde, is that we've only used him correctly twice in his whole time here... once in his debut against man city where we obviously used a low block and the other against rennes when we were again using a low block and receiveing an aerial onslaught. Theres been no other games where we've been holding such a deep line, so he's not been suitable. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

And people still think he was a panic buy when in reality Brendan was a great admirer of him and wanted him 18months before he eventually joined Leicester

Precisely, Rodger's and Congerton have certainly been involved in our transfer dealing as you'd probably expect. Clearly Top didn't appear to have done due diligence on their past history in that area. Our profile of recruitment certainly seems to have changed during Rodgers tenure. 

• Like 2

Brendan probably thought if Klopp was tapping up Virgil Van Dijk to get him to join Liverpool so I'll do the same with Vestergaard for Leicester.

No wonder his head was turned by all those gushy calls from Brendan and the reason why Southampton had the worst defensive record in the league 😂

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Kasper told BR how good he was (jobs for the boys) when BR realised he was pony he also wanted rid of Kasper.

Surely he knew how carp he was - the big lump got himself sent off against us the season before and the season before that he'd been in the defence when we won 9 - 0 - Bertrand was sent off of course 

Brendan really is baffling at times - get rid 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Surely he knew how carp he was - the big lump got himself sent off against us the season before and the season before that he'd been in the defence when we won 9 - 0 - Bertrand was sent off of course 

Brendan really is baffling at times - get rid 

There’s something fishy about this post

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Seeing this gormless lamppost’s name at the top of the transfer thread ( and I’m aware I’ve just bumped it up again) makes me think we’ve made moves to unload him . Please just stop now 

I follow this sentiment.