Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Congerton

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

- Vestergaard has been horrendous but was a last minute but as Fofana was involved in a tragic injury. Who else was available? Admittedly we would have been better off signing no one. 

...we had been looking at Vestergaard for a season before we picked him up!!!

Either we were not aware of his deficiencies or once again the whole coaching team was blind to the fact that we played with a high line and he was slow. This was not a panic buy, that would have meant we knew little about the player and took a gamble, we knew what he was all about!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We are now, but I that time we’ve won Thr Championship, The Premier League, The Fa Cup and the Charity Shield. And all those strikers have won West Ham a grand total of a dodgy new stadium 

West Hams stadium deal was a great peice of business by them, that costs all U.K taxpayers, well done West ham 👍🏼 I believe they pay £3 million, rent per year 😲

Other than happy memories, which are why we do this, LCFC are currently as bad as West Ham. My source is the league table. You may not want to look at it, unless you enjoy horror films. 

16 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Was he in post when we signed perez I'm not sure he was? 

Also playing devil's advocate justin, castagne, Fofana were not half bad. 

We'd already scouted JJ prior to Rodgers coming though there is also some suggestion they were interested at Celtic as well?

Can't fault Fofana really can you and if it wasn't for horrendous injury, I think he'd have progressed enough for the World Cup. Castagne was a decent signing though not as good as Ricardo in his prime perhaps.

Had the team been managed a little better and got into the Champions League then perhaps Fofana and Maddison may have been up for staying a little longer?

• 2 months later...

The cycle of clubs declining once this man has had his paws all over them is frightening. 

In 2011 he was appointed Technical Director at Hamburger SV, a huge club in Germany with a proud history, only Bayern and Dortmund are definitively bigger! They spent most of the 2010's scraping survival in the Bundesliga before eventually going down for the first time in their history in 2018. 

In 2014 he was appointed Head of Recruitment at Sunderland. Fair enough, they were a club living on the edge before he got there, they'd just stayed up in 2014 under Gus Poyet. He did however leave them in 2017 with the club staring at Premier League relegation with an aging squad on enormous contracts. The signing of Jack Rodwell was carried out while Congerton was there and that proved to be very damaging. Jordan Pickford coming through the academy and being sold for £30 million was the only positive of that time and I'm not sure he can really claim any credit for that. @SAFC1 I'm sure you have better insight to Congerton's time there than anyone. 

We had many Celtic fans on here celebrating him joining us in 2019 and now look at us. Prior to him coming here our recruitment was widely praised and since he was involved in player recruitment,  it has been noticeably worse with obvious exception i.e. Fofana and Castagne. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Vile, needs to be ****ed off asap. How this scamming twat still gets a job is beyond me.

He was on the European leagues podcast on BBC sounds being lauded for the job he's done there (Atalanta) 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Haha 1