Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I wonder if the second option would be Sarr? We’ve looked at him before. I’d personally like to take a punt on Pedro.

Pedro always played so well against us and can cover any of the front three

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I wonder if the second option would be Sarr? We’ve looked at him before. I’d personally like to take a punt on Pedro.

I'm underwhelmed on both of those. 

I like Harrison or someone that fits the mould of trossard as well. Any alternatives @Ric Flair?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Does anyone know of Harrison is actually pushing for a move to us?

Reading between the lines after JM interview yesterday, it sounds like he isn’t pushing for anything but would be open to a new challenge. Basically leaving it up to the clubs. Imo, there is no way they sell at that price to a rival in our positions. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I'm underwhelmed on both of those. 

I like Harrison or someone that fits the mould of trossard as well. Any alternatives @Ric Flair?

Pedro is seriously quality. Don’t let the fact he is still at Watford cloud this. He’s very highly rated back in Brazil, and I think he would really add an extra dynamic as well, he can play everywhere across the forward line! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Reading between the lines after JM interview yesterday, it sounds like he isn’t pushing for anything but would be open to a new challenge. Basically leaving it up to the clubs. Imo, there is no way they sell at that price to a rival in our positions. 

That’s the thing, they’re currently competing against us, so this will never come off will it? Look to the championship!

20 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats true, Brighton paid less than £5m for Mitoma ffs, so i dunno why we'd spunk 20mil+ on Harrison

They signed him in the summer of 2021 and then loaned him out. Really clever signing that everyone had to be a little patient with. Harrison would be expected to hit the ground running immediately so can't really compare the cost with Mitoma. 

I wonder how this forum would cope with signings like Mitoma right now where we are sending straight out on loan but building for the future?

For the record not keen on Harrison.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Pedro is seriously quality. Don’t let the fact he is still at Watford cloud this. He’s very highly rated back in Brazil, and I think he would really add an extra dynamic as well, he can play everywhere across the forward line! 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and do my own scouting report on him to have a deeper look 😉

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

That’s the thing, they’re currently competing against us, so this will never come off will it? Look to the championship!

Apparently nothing has been officially rejected though so who knows, depends if they have something else lined up 

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They signed him in the summer of 2021 and then loaned him out. Really clever signing that everyone had to be a little patient with. Harrison would be expected to hit the ground running immediately so can't really compare the cost with Mitoma. 

I wonder how this forum would cope with signings like Mitoma right now where we are sending straight out on loan but building for the future?

For the record not keen on Harrison.

thats true, but its just to highlight the fact we dont look beyond certain markets for players, 

i think he with Belgium cos he couldnt get a work permit at the time, bur good signing all round

If we’re looking at alternatives we’ve scouted before, it’ll be someone like Stengs, Ikoné, Bamba, Schjelderup, Gosens, Otavio, Bourigeaud, Faivre, Baumgartner or Thauvin. 

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Here's one that's not been mentioned. 

Elanga from Man U .

Apparently we enquired as to his availability for a loan and was knocked back.

Not reported anywhere else as far as I know so don't shoot the messenger! 

I’d heard he wanted game time, so was interested in the move to PSV. ETH didn’t want to let players leave though. 

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Elanga from Man U .

I was going to ask about him. Romano said he's received 10 offers and it would make sense if we were one of them. He's the type of player that needs to do a season or 18 months at another club before he can play at the elite level.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are talking to Chelsea about loaning some of their spare forwards like Pulisic and Ziyech too.

Over the past few days, thanks for all your info. Bang on the money!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Agreed. I don't think he's worth £30m. I think João Pedro is injured at the moment though.

It does make you think though: if we're prepared to pay £20-£30m on a winger this window (Harrison, Gonzalez), and have only taken Tetê on loan as such...we must have more money to spend on a winger?

It begs the question of why we didn’t sign Lookman in the summer? :frusty:

Edited by Jobyfox

1 minute ago, Sly said:

If we’re looking at alternatives we’ve scouted before, it’ll be someone like Stengs, Ikoné, Bamba, Schjelderup, Gosens, Otavio, Bourigeaud, Faivre, Baumgartner or Thauvin. 

He's gone to Benfica this window.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Well Martyn Glover is here now so new names can come up. We were linked with Tete in the past, but it's telling that this time last year, Southampton tried to get him before Lyon did! So that definitely has Glover's name all over it.

There are plenty of good player across Europe to choose from. Such a shame we didn't have the money in the summer as Lookman would have been the one! Personally, I think Harrison is very decent as long as it's not for a crazy fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Elanga from Man U .

As far as I can tell United seem to want him to go abroad if he goes anywhere, be surprised if they allow him to join a prem team.

1 minute ago, Safestandingfox said:

As far as I can tell United seem to want him to go abroad if he goes anywhere, be surprised if they allow him to join a prem team.

I think they want him playing games. He won’t be guaranteed that with us.