Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I think they want him playing games. He won’t be guaranteed that with us. 

Of course, would be the same as any loanee you'd send out. Romano said 10 approaches for him, PSV and Dortmund pushing. 

If not Harrison, Mike Tresor has kicked on a fair bit this season at Genk, mainly off the left but can play as an AM. Hit and miss if they can step up from the league but you take that gamble with a lot of transfers. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hope we move on then

For that kind of money even though he is out for a couple more weeks I would prefer we try and go for Joao Pedro

Really can’t see us getting him in this window mate.

1) He’s currently injured

2) He recently signed a new deal to fend off interest, Watford are desperate to keep him for their promotion push.

He’d be one for the summer if Watford fail to get promoted, and if they do fail, then I hope we’re all over him like a dog on heat.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

My boss is a Rangers fan so for that, I do hope so

…..for your sanity, not so much. lol

I have calmed down a bit since the initial shock of it to be fair. I'm not proud of how I behaved that day. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Really can’t see us getting him in this window mate.

1) He’s currently injured

2) He recently signed a new deal to fend off interest, Watford are desperate to keep him for their promotion push.

He’d be one for the summer if Watford fail to get promoted, and if they do fail, then I hope we’re all over him like a dog on heat.

He should be back from his injury in a couple of weeks but I hadn't realised he had signed a new deal that long!

Yeah much more of just a hopeful one really haha especially with how versatile he is

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We are not letting this one go. Expect another bid to go in.

Leeds are still sticking to £30m.

If we are testing the waters then £25m could do it maybe? With Leeds having to pay Man City 20% that leaves them £20m.

He's on £60k a week now so will be on a wedge here as he will no doubt want a pay rise. 

No Thank You Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just don't get this at all. 30m for someone who is not going to make our first team better would be madness. Spend that 30m on a first choice CB and a proper.GK.

You don’t know what’s planned over the next few seasons 

players will have already indicated that they won’t sign any extensions and we’ve been/are being  burned for not selling mid contract 

Barnes has two years left come the summer - if he’s not going to extend then we need to move him on and get a decent fee 

But there must be better options out there at £30m - I’m in at 20 but not 30 …..

Edited by st albans fox

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just don't get this at all. 30m for someone who is not going to make our first team better would be madness. Spend that 30m on a first choice CB and a proper.GK.

If we can get him for £25m, that’s good business imo. Not a penny more though 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Here's one that's not been mentioned. 

Elanga from Man U .

Apparently we enquired as to his availability for a loan and was knocked back.

Not reported anywhere else as far as I know so don't shoot the messenger! 

Ah that makes quite a bit of sense actually. Interesting! Ta @themightyfin, much appreciated.

49 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It begs the question of why we didn’t sign Lookman in the summer? :frusty:

That's a question for Top and Rudders I think. It seems as if we just didn't have enough capital (which the recent loan has allowed us), and we waited too long umming and ahhing, so in came Atalanta to snap him up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That's a question for Top and Rudders I think. It seems as if we just didn't have enough capital (which the recent loan has allowed us), and we waited too long umming and ahhing, so in came Atalanta to snap him up.

Not buying that excuse 

I thought it was ‘interesting’ that he turned up at congerton’s new employer …..

• Like 1

On one hand it’s a lot of money, probably not much upside and not sure he makes out first 11. On the other hand he brings pace, energy, Prem ready experience, goals and assists to our attack. For the right price I’m leaning towards it being a very sensible signing.

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

On one hand it’s a lot of money, probably not much upside and not sure he makes out first 11. On the other hand he brings pace, energy, Prem ready experience, goals and assists to our attack. For the right price I’m leaning towards it being a very sensible signing.

Yes, this is how I feel. The main think he brings is amazing workrate and tenacity. I like him

25 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We are not letting this one go. Expect another bid to go in.

Leeds are still sticking to £30m.

If we are testing the waters then £25m could do it maybe? With Leeds having to pay Man City 20% that leaves them £20m.

He's on £60k a week now so will be on a wedge here as he will no doubt want a pay rise. 

If your figures are true then based on this article including a local sports reporters comments on this deal and situation then there's your extra £5 million! Abracadabra 🎩 

https://www.leedsallover.com/journalist-outlines-how-much-more-leicester-city-may-need-to-offer-to-seal-leeds-united-transfer-agreement/