Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If we don’t have the finances then why are we making the bids?

I'm saying we don't have finances to play relegation battle games like Newcastle. I can't see us signing Harrison then loaning him out next season like Newcastle did with wood. If we sign Harrison, it will be because we want him in our squad, not to weaken a relegation rival. 

50 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I'd play Harrison over Barnes on current form no question so think he does improve the first team

It's not so much that current form Harrison might get in over Barnes, over the last few years I'd still say Barnes has been the better player than him.

Now we can't always look backwards, we've got to look forward and the club must have a plan when it comes to how they recruit upwards of 10 new players between now and the end of the summer but I just don't see where we get £200m + to spend from and therefore spending £25-30m on a player like Harrison is surprising.

We need a new influential central midfielder and centre half, plus Tete will cost us £20m or if we don't land him another elite right winger that is paramount and cannot be neglected will likely cost more.

That's potentially £80-100m on 3 players alone. Nothing against Harrison, but that competition for out wide ought to be a very progressive but unproven young player for less than £10m with huge potential and reward. Thst goes against my Zaniolo post earlier, I'd not go for him either but if I had to chose one over the other.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stu said:

I agree. The advantage of this signing is that potentially he is a starter/cover for 3 positions.

LW, RW & KDH’s position, who is also left footed like Harrison.

As you say he could cover for Madders, but I don’t see us playing with a 10 if (when :cry:) he leaves in the summer.

His versatility is the attraction here, along with the fact that he comes from the Bielsa school of ultra press and Rodgers talks about being aggressive in the attack, which Harrison is very good at and we used to be very good, but have faded either due to injuries to key personal and/or lack of fitness.

The signing makes complete sense to me and I hope it happens.

Yeah I totally agree 👍. He's a little bit like KDB in that he swaps channels/picks up balls deep/drives into the corners/runs into final 3rd at pace and aggression. *caveat before I get slated - he definitely isn't KDB.

Madders is the key really in what we will do. I used to think and hope he'd take a deal and have the team played around him and the no.10 position but the way we play with introverted wingers is tailor made for players like Harrison and his press, again, like KDB and is founded on Bielsa principles. 

Touch wood 🪵 

• Like 1

Harrison and Tete would be great additions in this window - we have been criminally short in options on the wings for such a long time. Decent RW options mean that Barnes will stop getting doubled up on every game and can hopefully contribute a bit more, quality cover for Barnes will mean he can actually have a rest when needed too. Having a proper RW means that Madders goes back in the middle to pull the strings too. Our attacking output across midfield and strikers should really improve if we pull off this signing alongside Tete.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not so much that current form Harrison might get in over Barnes, over the last few years I'd still say Barnes has been the better player than him.

Now we can't always look backwards, we've got to look forward and the club must have a plan when it comes to how they recruit upwards of 10 new players between now and the end of the summer but I just don't see where we get £200m + to spend from and therefore spending £25-30m on a player like Harrison is surprising.

We need a new influential central midfielder and centre half, plus Tete will cost us £20m or if we don't land him another elite right winger that is paramount and cannot be neglected will likely cost more.

That's potentially £80-100m on 3 players alone. Nothing against Harrison, but that competition for out wide ought to be a very progressive but unproven young player for less than £10m with huge potential and reward. Thst goes against my Zaniolo post earlier, I'd not go for him either but if I had to chose one over the other.

Fair enough that makes a lot of sense

Funnily, I was speaking to a customer who comes into my work who is a Rangers/Leeds fan and we were talking about Harrison. 

He was saying that he definately wouldn't want to lose him, even for £30m. I mentioned Kent and said I reckoned he maybe a back up option to Harrison and his exact words were "well, you can definately have him". 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison will bring in £50 plus million and wage bill will be massively reduced by the likes of Youri, Vestergaard, Soyuncu and Perez leaving. Praet, Soumare may be sold, meaning probably four or five £20m ish signings is probably quite achievable without a net spend being too much. Then maybe factor in one or two loans and frees??? Just guessing of course. Most decent players even championship players are going to be around £20m unfortunately. Stoke are asking around this for Souttar and we paid £17m for VK. £25m for Harrison who is proven and would hit the ground running hopefully isn't bad business in my eyes. Should get 3 or 4 years of him in his prime.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We said this about Perez, Vestegaard and Bertrand though, proven and will hit the ground running. 

They didn’t and have continued to stink the place out ever since. 

Perez hit the ground a lot though, and did some running, so not a million miles off lol. Still waiting to see any evidence of Betrand or Vestergaard being capable of running. :tumbleweed:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't that summer of 2024?

Can someone please put up the list of who is out of contract over the next two summers?

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Isn't that summer of 2024?

Can someone please put up the list of who is out of contract over the next two summers?

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Perez, Mendy, Amartey, Evans, Bertrand in 2023.

But I think there's others to leave as well such as Praet, Vestergaard and possibly Iheanacho and sadly Maddison. We are going to see anywhere from 8-10 + new players required IMO and even more the year after.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

But I think there's others to leave as well such as Praet, Vestergaard and possibly Iheanacho and sadly Maddison. We are going to see anywhere from 8-10 + new players required IMO and even more the year after.

Yep. Decisions need to be made on Ndidi and Kel with them having a year left - renew or sell. 

Maddison very likely leaving 

• Like 1

I wonder if Everton's bid for Conor Gallagher changes Leed's valuation of Harrison? £45 million for a 22 year old out of contract in 2025 vs £25 million (apparently) for a 26 year old out of contract in 2024?

Does the 4 years between them and the extra year of contract reflect the 20 million difference?

7 minutes ago, stu said:

I wonder if Everton's bid for Conor Gallagher changes Leed's valuation of Harrison? £45 million for a 22 year old out of contract in 2025 vs £25 million (apparently) for a 26 year old out of contract in 2024?

Does the 4 years between them and the extra year of contract reflect the 20 million difference?

Ones an England international dontcha know!? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who is leaving in 2024?

Vardy & Albrighton plus ?

Ward, Stolarcyz, New goalie

James Justin, Castagne, Ricardo, Kristiansen, Thomas

Faes, Souttar, New CB, New CB

DCM x2

Harrison, Soumare, KDH, Braebrook?, Alves?

Harvey Barnes, Tete, u-23?

Daka, New Striker

Selling

Maddison. Iheanacho, Praet, Ndidi, Choudhury, Iversen, Vestergaard

Out of contract

Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Perez

I make that 8 new players of which Souttar and Harrison may already have arrived. So six in but 7 out which may raise from £50m to ????

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Who is leaving in 2024?

DCM x2

Daka, New Striker

Selling

Out of contract

I make that 8 new players of which Souttar and Harrison may already have arrived. So six in but 7 out which may raise from £50m to ????

Surely we'd need to replace Maddison? And I don't think Harrison does that.

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Who is leaving in 2024?

DCM x2

Daka, New Striker

Selling

Out of contract

Maddison, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Praet, Vestergaard, Albrighton, Thomas, Vardy

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

i don’t like it… but i think i have the answer. 

we will sell barnes and maddison.

Thats going to be around 120m minimum and that money will be used on our 15-20m  signings. 

Harrison is going to give you minimal resale value in a position that he isn't nailed on to improve the starting XI.

I'm not yet seeing a significant change to our recruitment model that we will need to do in order to maximise buy low sell high. This rebuild over a few years has to be largely boosted by regular flipping players for a decent profit. Players like Harrison and even Souttar to a lesser extent make that harder.

43 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Who is leaving in 2024?

DCM x2

Daka, New Striker

Selling

Out of contract

Castagne probably sold this summer - 2 years left. i don't think he will sign a new deal.

barnes may decide not to either so we have a call to make on him too

i think you will see us trying v hard not to allow saleable players to go below 2 years from now on

I really hope we are in for him. He might not be a financial asset from a post sell on point of view, but I'm adamant he would fit in with the style of play we have and with the aggression and press that he plays. 

• Like 1