Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

49 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Leeds progressing talks with Roma tonight for Zaniolo so Harrison may well happen. Newcastle offered £30 million in the summer but Leeds rejected as wanted £45 million at the time. Harrison keen on the move now he is aware Leeds looking for other players in his position. Can see a 9pm trip down the M1 tomorrow night 

Sounds about right, doesn’t the window close at 6? Edit- 11pm

Edited by Costock_Fox

Just now, LestaLad said:

Might just need a change of scenery and system. Defo a player in there.

Still can't reconcile paying £20-25m for a player we'll likely not see a return on. With the risk of repeating myself, we need to find £20m minimum for Tete in the summer or possibly more for someone of his ilk, Tielemans replacement is going to be £20-30m I'd expect and then there's another half a dozen or so players needed. Where's the funds for that?

At some point we'll need to sign some unpolished diamonds for several million or less and that's the sort of profile I'd be looking as competition for Barnes.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Still can't reconcile paying £20-25m for a player we'll likely not see a return on. With the risk of repeating myself, we need to find £20m minimum for Tete in the summer or possibly more for someone of his ilk, Tielemans replacement is going to be £20-30m I'd expect and then there's another half a dozen or so players needed. Where's the funds for that?

At some point we'll need to sign some unpolished diamonds for several million or less and that's the sort of profile I'd be looking as competition for Barnes.

I agree. I’d much rather spend the 25m on Alex Scott but we clearly want a player for now and who is PL proven for our survival hopes so I see why we’re going for him, even if he isn’t my first choice.

It makes more sense to go for Scott…. Bristol would definitely sell at the right price. Plus big Nige would probably be quite pleased to see him come here. The lad is clearly going to be the beans in the future. Plus is lessens the blow of Youri leaving. 

Come on glover I know you’re having a peak at this forum, get it done! 

• Like 2

Can’t help but feel that for £25m we could sign 2 younger, more raw wingers… one to cover each side. 

I wouldn’t be upset at this signing but don’t think there’s much value in it. But then again sometimes the here and now is more important than the future.

7 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

I agree. I’d much rather spend the 25m on Alex Scott but we clearly want a player for now and who is PL proven for our survival hopes so I see why we’re going for him, even if he isn’t my first choice.

This makes a lot of sense particularly when looking at the window as a whole and our current league situation.  If we get Soutter that's three players in who are relatively young and all with no PL experience.  Add Harrison to that, a known quantity at this level, and I think it looks like a more balanced window overall.  

Can’t lie I’m disappointed, especially if Leeds get Zaniolo as a replacement for Harrison. Truth be told I’d rather we put the money into Zaniolo. It must be that we are priced out of a move for Zaniolo. Zaniolo has European cup experience, International experience and has more pedigree in various positions (CAM/ST/RW). 

7 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Can’t help but feel that for £25m we could sign 2 younger, more raw wingers… one to cover each side. 

I wouldn’t be upset at this signing but don’t think there’s much value in it. But then again sometimes the here and now is more important than the future.

I think the 'here and now' is definitely more important because we've only got 18 points.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we sign him, what formation are we playing?!!  

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t lie I’m disappointed, especially if Leeds get Zaniolo as a replacement for Harrison. Truth be told I’d rather we put the money into Zaniolo. It must be that we are priced out of a move for Zaniolo. Zaniolo has European cup experience, International experience and has more pedigree in various positions (CAM/ST/RW). 

Both similarly priced, wages might be the only difference but I don't see Leeds paying him more than we would. I'd want a loan with an obligation to buy after certain milestones though as I'm still not certain he's the player he was, who looked destined to be a machine.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I love Nico but I’d prefer Jack. I think he’d work harder for the team, integrate faster and is less injury prone 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’m not sure we want to be gambling too much in our situation and this one would be about adding depth to challenge Barnes in the short term.

Admittedly, Zaniolo has much more potential.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Both similarly priced, wages might be the only difference but I don't see Leeds paying him more than we would. I'd want a loan with an obligation to buy after certain milestones though as I'm still not certain he's the player he was, who looked destined to be a machine.

They are talking £30+ million for Zaniolo and it seems like we are angling for Harrison around the £20 million mark. I hear you about Zaniolo not quite being what people thought but at one point he was being talked about as a future Real Madrid/PSG player, so that’s the kind of talent level he’s got. He’s only 23 so still young enough to kick on further but let’s be honest he was quality against us last season and with his physique and aggressiveness he’s made for the Premier League. I just can’t see the positives of pushing for Harrison at 26 who’s already at his peak, when we know Zaniolo is available for the right price. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

With no strikers? Who misses out? Or do we go Madders as an 8 and play Harvey in the middle? 

Barnes misses out on form. But at least there would be competition between him, Harrison and Tete (plus Maddison to an extent) for 2 spots out wide… if we sign him, which seems unlikely to me at least 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is a machine better than a weapon? Do either of those beat @Pliskin’ “the beans”? 🤔 

• Haha 1