Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

I think the general consensus is that this is a player that we know who is a decent premier league player, but no more than decent. 

We finally look like we're going for young players with sell on value again, then pull out someone who is a very slight upgrade on Perez.

21 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t lie I’m disappointed, especially if Leeds get Zaniolo as a replacement for Harrison. Truth be told I’d rather we put the money into Zaniolo. It must be that we are priced out of a move for Zaniolo. Zaniolo has European cup experience, International experience and has more pedigree in various positions (CAM/ST/RW). 

Something about his manager saying "unfortunately he will stay with us" whilst their fans hang banners against him puts me right off him. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Absolute counter-pressing machine and decent ball carrier too. Probably not quite consistent enough with his end product though. But we’re going to be a better defensive unit with him & Kristiansen on the left compared with Thomas & Barnes. Will also help in playing Maddison over KDH as KDH’s legs will be less crucial.
Might also help switch Barnes’ head back on.

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just been trying to gauge Leeds fans view and the common theme is he's a streaky player or one who is mediocre for the majority of the time with then flashes of brilliance in a handful of games.

Hmmmmmm

I just got…Left wing, hugs touchline . Best first touch I’ve ever seen (no jokes). Quick and a hammer of a left foot but crossing is so unpredictable. Would swap with Barnes though, he always scores past us…

I still find it hard to imagine this is really happening given the state of the table.  If I’m wrong I’m wrong,, we’ll know soon enough.

If Leeds does get Zaniolo I guess that helps explain their willingness to sell, though to a direct rival is still a shocker.  I would have thought unless Harrison is absolutely pulling a Mahrez for a move (and I don’t think he would) they’d wait till the summer even if he refuses to sign a new contract.

Edited by Deeg67

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd much rather Harrison than Zaniolo. Zaniolo's career hasn't gone anywhere near the places that were expected of him, he's had serious injuries, he's temperamental, he's just not quite as talented as the initial hype and yet he'll still cost a premium because he was briefly once Italy's next big thing.

He strikes me as an extremely Everton signing, big money, big reputation, low potential for reinvestment and growth.

Harrison at least you know what you're getting. He strikes me more as an Ulloa-esque signing. You pay over the odds because you're buying from an English club, you're probably not going to make the money back and he isn't going to pull up trees. But he's better than what you've got and he'll contribute solidly roughly at par for his fee. I mean we'd all take Harrison over Perez any day of the week. I know I made a comparison between the two signings earlier in this thread but that's probably a tad harsh to Harrison. At least he's fairly dynamic, will graft, put a shift in. If he's a slightly faster Marc Albrighton who can shoot, that's not actually a terrible thing.

I do share @Ric Flair reservations about what it does to our actual budget though.

Agree. And we can’t only sign U23 players. We need to compete now, or the season could end disastrously. 

He’s got pace, power, a decent shot and a phenomenal engine. Hope he signs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11694007/Leeds-ready-listen-offers-Jack-Harrison-Leicester-keen-step-bid.html

Article from the ever reliable Tom Collomosse as well. I see this one happening. Especially if they’re getting Zaniolo. All about the dominos.

Really wish this rumour would fck off tbh

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd much rather Harrison than Zaniolo. Zaniolo's career hasn't gone anywhere near the places that were expected of him, he's had serious injuries, he's temperamental, he's just not quite as talented as the initial hype and yet he'll still cost a premium because he was briefly once Italy's next big thing.

He strikes me as an extremely Everton signing, big money, big reputation, low potential for reinvestment and growth.

Harrison at least you know what you're getting. He strikes me more as an Ulloa-esque signing. You pay over the odds because you're buying from an English club, you're probably not going to make the money back and he isn't going to pull up trees. But he's better than what you've got and he'll contribute solidly roughly at par for his fee. I mean we'd all take Harrison over Perez any day of the week. I know I made a comparison between the two signings earlier in this thread but that's probably a tad harsh to Harrison. At least he's fairly dynamic, will graft, put a shift in. If he's a slightly faster Marc Albrighton who can shoot, that's not actually a terrible thing.

I do share @Ric Flair reservations about what it does to our actual budget though.

Think that's a pretty fair assessment.

If we bring in Soutter on top of  Tete, Kristiansen, we have 3 players who have no PL experience and are unknown at this level.

Bring in Harrison give us one player who we know can cut it in the PL, which I think is a reasonable idea.

Think we would have all taken that window if we pull off Soutter and Harrison.

• Like 2

I think there is a bit of that foreign players are better bias creeping in here neither zaniolo or gonzalez are putting up significantly better stats than Harrison in zaniolo case they are worse in an arguably less competitive league. 

I think if he was playing abroad people would be alot more excited about him. I for one will be very encouraged if we get this over the line

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Keep in mind he’s been at Leeds under Bielsea for the most part. I think if we nab him he’ll be a gem, putting in quite the defensive shift as well. Could allow Kristiansen to overlap too. If only we had a different manager…

12 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think there is a bit of that foreign players are better bias creeping in here neither zaniolo or gonzalez are putting up significantly better stats than Harrison in zaniolo case they are worse in an arguably less competitive league. 

I think if he was playing abroad people would be alot more excited about him. I for one will be very encouraged if we get this over the line

Think its more the fact hes 26 and from a fellow Prem club so its an inflated price with little future sell on value. Will be on big wages aswell when theres far better value out there. As ive said in a previous post, could you imagine a well run club like a Brighton or Brentford paying 20 million plus for Jack Harrison? I cant, its a lazy signing imo

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Don’t forget with our facilities and better individual players, you may well see a new improved version of Harrison.

That’s definitely happened to our squad since we moved to seagrave 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Don't want Harrison, but I'd take him any day of the week over Zaniolo. People who want him in this thread would turn on him so fast once we signed him. 

Agreed. People just preferring a fancy foreign name here.

Harrison has 8 PL goals in each of the last two seasons. Zaniolo has 3 Serie A goals in 2.5 seasons.