Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

25 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think its more the fact hes 26 and from a fellow Prem club so its an inflated price with little future sell on value. Will be on big wages aswell when theres far better value out there. As ive said in a previous post, could you imagine a well run club like a Brighton or Brentford paying 20 million plus for Jack Harrison? I cant, its a lazy signing imo

I could not sure who there is better out there that we could get for 20 million either not a lot of money (for football) in these inflated times

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I’ve seen him beat the first man with his corners, GERRIMIN.

He also once replied to my friend’s DM on Instagram with a thoughtful message about dealing with an injury. Another one for the GERRIMIN column. 

4 hours ago, alanf0x said:

I just got…Left wing, hugs touchline . Best first touch I’ve ever seen (no jokes). Quick and a hammer of a left foot but crossing is so unpredictable. Would swap with Barnes though, he always scores past us…

Hugs the touchline?  Harrison? lol  No, not remotely.  Where he scored against Accrington is very typical of where he gets his goals and assists from.

I also don’t buy that he’s egregiously one-footed.  He’s no KDH, that’s for sure - he uses both feet effectively over the course of a match.  My main issue with him is that if you watch him a lot, he can disappear for long stretches (but then that’s a problem with a lot of creative players).  The upside is that even when he’s not creating chances he’s providing some value as a presser and additional body defensively.  I know that sounds a bit like a left-sided Perez but that’s not Harrison, he’s a far more creative player.

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Wowwww deadline day

We've gone from scraping loose change together to pay the tea lady to big spending Chelsea in less than week.

If we can get 4 players in key positions out of this transfer window then we will have worked a small miracle.

Edited by coalvillefox

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Wowwww Souttar and now pushing for Harrison.. What a start to deadline day

I would assume that’s Zaniolo, as I haven’t seen seriously them linked to anyone else I would consider an “offensive player”.

Can't see this happening. Things would need to get moving quickly this morning and sounds.like Leeds are not desperate to sell. So we will have to pay over the odds for a player with no resale down the line.

If we don't get a decision early doors we'll move onto other targets instead of putting all our eggs in one basket.

Just now, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Can't see this happening. Things would need to get moving quickly this morning and sounds.like Leeds are not desperate to sell. So we will have to pay over the odds for a player with no resale down the line.

If we don't get a decision early doors we'll move onto other targets instead of putting all our eggs in one basket.

I’m really not sure why people keeping thinking £20-25m is over the odds. When you see the figures being thrown around these days it’s really not a lot of money for an experienced PL player with solid stats. 

• Like 2

Just now, shiv said:

I’m really not sure why people keeping thinking £20-25m is over the odds. When you see the figures being thrown around these days it’s really not a lot of money for an experienced PL player with solid stats. 

£40m+ for Gallagher for instance lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shiv said:

Is he any better than Anthony Gordon who is apparently worth twice that. For someone with proven PL ability and can hit the ground running, I think £20m is a bargain

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jordan said:

At first I wasn’t so sure about this, because Harrison is always going to be a very one-footed player, the asking price seemed too steep, and because I think other positions should be a bigger priority in the transfer market (CB, and I think City need to start addressing their CM issues now).

But over the last few days, I am really warming up to this move for a few reasons:

First, if City do buy him, they’re not going to get him for what Leeds is asking for. Reading between the lines on the latest news reports, I get the feeling that Leeds would be softening their stance and any fee would look more like £20m than £30m+.

Also, Harrison can play on both wings and could also do somewhat of a job in the hole, too. £20m is fair for a decent player that has ready-made versatility.

The club scouting/transfer network may also see in Harrison a player that is a better fit for Rodgers’ style of play than Leeds.

Harrison’s work rate is evident, but keep in mind that he’s been playing  Bielsa-ball and Marsch’s full press system. Harrison is a City Football Group-raised player, and let’s be real: all the things about the CFG/Pep style are all things that Brendan Rodgers aspires to coach. 

Harrison is by all accounts a hard worker, very dedicated pro, will take the time to study tactics, goes out every now and then but is a momma’s boy … basically, he fits the profile of a Brendan Rodgers player.

Finally, in the interest of full disclosure: I would personally appreciate this move because I used to watch Harrison when he started his pro career at NYCFC. Everyone could tell immediately that Jack was going to outgrow MLS very quickly. He was a great kid on and off the pitch, and I’m glad to see that he’s gone on to establish himself as a legit Premier League player even if I don’t like the other teams he’s played for.

Yep totally agree. I think the fact Harrison has successfully played Bielsa ball and displayed the incredible work rate and commitment that requires, in addition to playing under Pep, these will both be key reasons to why Rodgers and his recruitment team are targeting him.

Both of those details are difficult to account for in his stats.

Just now, RyCleary said:

How can we afford this but not lookman ffs

We’d clearly want to have signed Lookman but it was very obvious back then that we weren’t spending until we had sold some players. With relegation a real possibility the owners know what needs to be done.