Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wesley Fofana??

Genuinely don't understand how people still don't get this. It's insane. It's not even complicated. We had zero cash. Then we sold a player for like a world record fee lol

Besides, I'll be really honest. I'm willing to bet considerably that Lookman is having a Lingard moment at Atalanta. A purple patch, aided by the fact there's some awful teams in Serie A. 

He'd never have had that impact here. Harrison for about 5m more is probably fair. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

We can’t be angry at the club for not signing Lookman and then spending in this window. They clearly thought that we could ride out this season with what we had and do the rebuild in the summer. That was wrong. But Top has flown in and the board/scouting team are working hard to save the club from going down. 

We could be annoyed (in fact, totally ****ed off) if they just sat back and allowed us to go down. But they’re not.

I like the idea of signing Harrison for £20m-£25m. I think our squad improves drastically with him and it will kick Harvey up the ass. He’s had the left win to himself for 3 years without ever worrying about his starting place. He needs to know that if he drops his standards then there is someone behind him who will take his spot and Harrison has proven pretty useful over the years that Leeds have been in the league again. 

Correct. Great post

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Not one of you was hellbent on signing Lookman 6 months ago, so take your Serie A hindsight and sit down

I was, thought he had a great season. People on here kept harping on about he was a LW and didn’t need him not recognising that Barnes goes from hot to cold. Lookman for £14m was an absolute must as you would recoup that low value regardless of if he had average figures in the Prem

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Not one of you was hellbent on signing Lookman 6 months ago, so take your Serie A hindsight and sit down

Nobody was "hellbent" but most people just assumed we would take up the option for £15m because why wouldn't you?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

They are talking £30+ million for Zaniolo and it seems like we are angling for Harrison around the £20 million mark. I hear you about Zaniolo not quite being what people thought but at one point he was being talked about as a future Real Madrid/PSG player, so that’s the kind of talent level he’s got. He’s only 23 so still young enough to kick on further but let’s be honest he was quality against us last season and with his physique and aggressiveness he’s made for the Premier League. I just can’t see the positives of pushing for Harrison at 26 who’s already at his peak, when we know Zaniolo is available for the right price. 

His peak isn't 26 is it don't talk daft? 26 to 30 will be his prime surely. Someone called Vardy springs to mind.

Just now, MalletFox said:

I was, thought he had a great season. People on here kept harping on about he was a LW and didn’t need him not recognising that Barnes goes from hot to cold. Lookman for £14m was an absolute must as you would recoup that low value regardless of if he had average figures in the Prem

Completely agree.  Plenty were keen on him, I certainly was.  Had seen glimpses at Fulham and his goal contributions for us were decent enough in a season we weren't playing well and he wasn't starting every game.  

But hindsight 🙄

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Completely agree.  Plenty were keen on him, I certainly was.  Had seen glimpses at Fulham and his goal contributions for us were decent enough in a season we weren't playing well and he wasn't starting every game.  

But hindsight 🙄

not sure why people cant see that we had NO money to buy anyone! 

We sell Fofana just before deadline day, we gain money and sign Faes as we had to get another CB in. We dont panic buy a winger and wait until January where we sort one. 

I just dont get how people dont understand this. 

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nobody was "hellbent" but most people just assumed we would take up the option for £15m because why wouldn't you?

Because for that price and our typical transfer model, we could have done better for less, if not the same. I wouldn't have minded if we signed him at all but people are definitely jumping on the "huge mistake made" bandwagon based on his Serie A form which I will even more confidently predict that none of you saw coming either. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

not sure why people cant see that we had NO money to buy anyone! 

We sell Fofana just before deadline day, we gain money and sign Faes as we had to get another CB in. We dont panic buy a winger and wait until January where we sort one. 

I just dont get how people dont understand this. 

I'm sorry but I was referring to a post saying that people only wanted him because of his Seria A form.  That's simply not true.  People here were keen on him.

The affordability or otherwise last summer is another point entirely.  

I thought Lookman would have been a sensible signing (knew the club, reasonable fee, decent contribution) so a safe if not spectacular signing.  it looks like he has pushed on.  

Harrison feels like an Albrighton type signing (and I like Albrighton)  will always give you a 7 or 8 out of 10.  Not sure I’d spend £25m on that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

I thought Lookman would have been a sensible signing (knew the club, reasonable fee, decent contribution) so a safe if not spectacular signing.  it looks like he has pushed on.  

Harrison feels like an Albrighton type signing (and I like Albrighton)  will always give you a 7 or 8 out of 10.  Not sure I’d spend £25m on that.

He's 100% better than Albrighton, with all due respect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I was devastated. I loved him and thought he'd continue to flourish here.

We need to move obviously. Clearly ownership is splashing the cash because they realize we are in a real battle to stay in the premier league

The issue with lookman in my opinion, is he is too lightweight for a premier league club that has big ambitions. Compare him to Bernardo silva equally small in stature but strong and athletic.

Harrison is more athletic and aggressive, which we do not currently have enough off. 

This signing (if it happens) fills me with confidence, that we are now buying players not just for their technical aspects but more for their attitude and all round athleticism too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

More like 'How can we afford this but can't afford to pay off The Poison Goblin ffs' ?

I’d guess that we could afford to pay him off but as the rumours said the board felt that they hadn’t backed him so needed to support him. If so it could be argued that that is a commendable approach in this day and age of hiring and firing.

However they’ve backed him now so it’s quite possible the tables have turned and if he doesn’t turn results round he’ll be shown the door. 

Still think this could turn out to make an awful lot of sense.

The whole issue we have is there's zero competition for places. 

You can guarantee this will put a rocket up Barnes.

Harrison can also play on both wings, so we'd finally have rotation options on both sides.

I know people baulked at his return in comparrison to Barnes etc, but he's had to play in two high intensity teams with a focus on closing down/turnovers/tracking back etc first, over creative play. 1.5 of his 2.5 season so far have been relegation fights as well! 

Also.... who is to say he wont catch up/overtake?

Barnes in the PL

109 Games

26 Goals

21 Assists

GPG 0.23

APG 0.19

Harrison in the PL

85 Games 

17 Goals

13 Assists

GPG 0.2

APG 0.15