Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

The comparison to Perez, since Perez joined at start of 19/20 season 

Perez on left, Harrison on right 

Appearances - 80-88

Goals - 12-17

Assists 9-13

Big chances created - 11-19

Pass completion pct - 78.49 - 72.30

Crosses - 68-399

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Not one of you was hellbent on signing Lookman 6 months ago, so take your Serie A hindsight and sit down

I honestly thought it was nailed on that we would sign him. Found it more surprising that he didn’t join than I did Schmeichel leaving. Harrison would be decent at £20m but he is arguably worse than Lookman for more money. It’s a shame we didn’t take the opportunity, but no point dwelling on the mistake now. 

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

Everyone slating the Harrison signing but dying for us to have kept Lookman. Lookman scored 4 goals in 35 appearances for Fulham before we signed himlol

Is everyone slating the idea of signing Harrison? Most of the comments in here seem pretty positive

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Everyone slating the Harrison signing but dying for us to have kept Lookman. Lookman scored 4 goals in 35 appearances for Fulham before we signed himlol

It's not necessarily Harrison though, it's the fee involved. If we have that money to spend there has to be better value. 

But I can see why we'd want someone who can come in and settle in straight away. Unfortunately that comes at an extra cost. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Appearances - 80-88

Goals - 12-17

Assists 9-13

Crosses - 68-399

This is where I like stats... can't say i've ever thought of leeds as a big crossing side lol 

Interestingly my Leeds mates all seem to have changed their tune on this and would actually be upset to see him go.

I think the big thing is his inconsistency (like Barnes) makes him an incredibly frustrating player. Apparently he has lot of quality and we're laughing if we get him at it every week.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Appearances - 80-88

Goals - 12-17

Assists 9-13

Crosses - 68-399

Not sure it’s fair to compare crossing  stats - we played Perez wide bit that’s not really his position - Harrison is a winger 

Was Harrison ever at Man City with kel ?? 

I like him as a player, but I think my hesitancy comes from the fact that I thought we had moved away from signing players like this from teams around us. I have PTSD after Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand. Like Harrison, all of those players were regular first teamers, but without setting the world alight. You then end up paying over the odds because they are 'Premier League proven', but you'd like to think we've proven over the years that means very little.

However, he does feel like a better fit than any of the above. No one could quite understand where Perez would fit in (and we still don't), whilst the laughter coming from Southampton regarding Vestergaard and Bertrand told you all you need to know.

Add into the mix the fact that he is homegrown and it could be end up a sensible signing, at the right price. I wouldn't go over £25m and I doubt we will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Interestingly my Leeds mates all seem to have changed their tune on this and would actually be upset to see him go.

I think the big thing is his inconsistency (like Barnes) makes him an incredibly frustrating player. Apparently he has lot of quality and we're laughing if we get him at it every week.

I think inconsistency is par for the course with creative wide players outside of the top 6. Confidence plays such a big part, as we see with Barnes, but it's also their job to take more risks than others, which can sometimes end in frustration. Even Mahrez would blow hot and cold.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is where I like stats... can't say i've ever thought of leeds as a big crossing side lol 

He takes their corners (I think). 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure it’s fair to compare crossing  stats - we played Perez wide bit that’s not really his position - Harrison is a winger 

Was Harrison ever at Man City with kel ?? 

True. 

And nope.