Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

Signing him for around £20-£25m and 80k a week for someone that doesn't improve our starting 11 is the sort of pathetic signing we've been making constantly in the last 2/3 years and exactly why we're in a relegation battle.

Surely we're not this thick?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely. I just hope we dont chase too hard. 

Yep, our negotiations over contracts over the last 3-4 years have been abysmal, hence the car crash we're getting out of at the minute with Vestergaard, Bertrand, even Perez.

Really hope they learn from those mistakes going forward, we want players that want a start, play for the shirt, the club, PL football rather than "well its another premier league club but a bigger wedge", because then you can see they are a mercenary, its not about their love of football.

Brighton are doing it now and we did it for a couple of season a few years ago.  I don't believe we had any better team because we paid bigger wages, Kasper & Vardy earned it with longevity and success, Evans came for £3.5m.  Bring the wages of most back to £40k-£60k rather than £60k to £100k.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Signing him for around £20-£25m and 80k a week for someone that doesn't improve our starting 11 is the sort of pathetic signing we've been making constantly in the last 2/3 years and exactly why we're in a relegation battle.

What you on about? We 100% need a player for the LW and RW who's ready to go. He can press from the front and give us some energy at the top end of the pitch which we're severely lacking right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We can't always buy young and cheap players, plus over the next 2 windows we will be losing a lot of mature players in the sqaud. Signings like these I haven't got a problem with.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The thing is, the idea of the ‘starting 11’ here is constantly in flux by virtue of the fact everyone is constantly injured. We need cover.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Think I trust the club to make more of an informed decision based on circumstance, rather than AKCJ on FoxesTalk armed with hindsight.

Edited by Adster

20 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He’ll come, displace Barnes and Barnes leaves in the summer. Watch. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see that happening.

Barnes has been poor for most of the season. He doesn't track back often enough and when he does he fails to pick anyone up or cover Thomas. He doesn't win many heading battles either.

Harrison looks a more rounded player who can offer more. That was a cracking strike for the first goal for leeds in the Cup the weekend.

Barnes will have to up his game and a little competition might just do the trick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It would be nice to sign world class 23 year olds for £400,000 every January, but it's not likely to happen again... :P

With 5 subs, Jack Harrison would probably feature in 90%+ of games for Leicester. £20m-£25m seems a fine price to pay. Hope we get this one over the line.

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What you on about? We 100% need a player for the LW and RW who's ready to go. He can press from the front and give us some energy at the top end of the pitch which we're severely lacking right now.

We do, yes. We don't need to be spending this much on someone that'll sit on the bench. Especially not when we turned our nose up at Lookman in the summer.

Would be much better off looking at a loan deal and reassess in the summer. This stinks of Bertrand/Vestergaard/Perez etc. I.e. someone that's not getting game time at a club we consider ourselves to be above in terms of squad/ambition/expectations.

Absolutely no need to be spending this much on someone that doesn't improve us.

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

Think I trust the club to make more of an informed decision based on circumstance, rather than AKCJ on FoxesTalk armed with hindsight.

I thought the signings of Vestergaard and Bertrand would be awful and thought we overpaid for Perez. Just like the majority of football fans.

The only people who needed hindsight to see that are the type that just see "Leicester have signed x" and wet their knickers. 

Edited by AKCJ

Guest Kopfkino

Reading this I am convinced most people have given up even trying to make an effort to understand anything. I don’t know if he’ll end up as a good signing, you never do, but the rationale is pretty clear and funnily enough not every signing is going to be some random youngster that are so widely fetishised.

Probably would end up starting more games than Barnes for the rest of the season. Will be important to being able to get Maddison, Tielemans and Tete all in the same team for the rest of the season.