Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly gets me wondering, whether the club saved the budget for when Glover arrived?

I thought that at the time, and TBH I don't think it's a bad idea to do that. Look at Everton, they are in a mess because multiple managers signed players for different systems and a chairman that couldn't resist a signing. It's better that the entire club aligns on who to sign. That way if the manager leaves we are happy with the squad. The signings we have made are pretty good in that respect. 

But of course if we go down it's a failed experiment if true. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly gets me wondering, whether the club saved the budget for when Glover arrived?

Didn’t trust Rodgers to sign players, especially with no head of recruitment and thought we could coast the season out to get to the big rebuild in the summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

I thought Lookman would have been a sensible signing (knew the club, reasonable fee, decent contribution) so a safe if not spectacular signing.  it looks like he has pushed on.  

Harrison feels like an Albrighton type signing (and I like Albrighton)  will always give you a 7 or 8 out of 10.  Not sure I’d spend £25m on that.

£25m for consistency in the PL seems like a bargain, if you ask me.

Even just on its own it's great, but having a reliable player in the side allows for others - who might be a bit more hot-and-cold - to flourish. Just look at how Albrighton, Simpson and Kante allowed the likes of Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater respectively to up their levels in the title season, because they knew exactly what to expect from their teammates and could focus on their own role in the side. £25m in the current market - especially in January, and from a relegation rival - is a really good price if he delivers.

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Unless any of them flop then Rodgers will be blamed for bringing them in

It always is "Away with the fairys" time every window. Reality is just around the corner waiting to take a big bite out of our backside !

17 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

All 3(inc Souttar) have been club/Glover signings not Rodgers signings. 

You can tell. Same with Faes in the summer. They just feel like old-school Leicester signings in terms of current ability, potential, and character profile.

I'm really happy with the 4x permanent signings we've made throughout the season - excluding Smithies as he's cheap GK cover - and if Kristiansen, Tete and Souttar and have a similar impact to Faes pre-world cup then we should start picking up results.

I just hope we've done enough business. Other clubs have also strengthened significantly and/or changed manager so I'm still twitchy. Another solid attacking option would welcome.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I was told we want 4 players in, 3 are done(ish) so gives Rudkin & Co a good few hours to get something over the line. I'm 75% confident of a 4th, We do need to reduce the wage bill by more than just Perez though.

Lukic to Fulham paves the way for Praet to Torino

Cags to Atletico 

Leaves an attacking midfielder shaped hole to fill

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I was told we want 4 players in, 3 are done(ish) so gives Rudkin & Co a good few hours to get something over the line. I'm 75% confident of a 4th, We do need to reduce the wage bill by more than just Perez though.

Cant believe we bring in a CB without one going out but its possible as the day drags on, especially if the possible deals are to germany/spain.  similar with praet to torino

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Lukic to Fulham paves the way for Praet to Torino

Cags to Atletico 

Leaves an attacking midfielder shaped hole to fill

I think if we don’t get Harrison we will dip into the random loan generator market…. And I’m much more comfortable with that now that we have Tete… previously we were too reliant on someone like lookman who was only meant to come in as cover. 

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Wonder why the BBC seem so confident we are done 

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

11 hours to work on something. Can’t help but feel it’ll have to be domestic based.

Do wonder if many posters in this thread wishes will be granted and Alex Scott might be a name that pops up in the coming hours.

I know everyone thinks we like a panic buy but we don't really. We typically have one or two targets and if they don't come in, tough shit. 

We've obviously banked on Harrison. If they won't sell because they can't get Zaniolo, I highly doubt we'll run off and start scrambling about to see who's available last minute. We'll just be done. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know everyone thinks we like a panic buy but we don't really. We typically have one or two targets and if they don't come in, tough shit. 

We've obviously banked on Harrison. If they won't sell because they can't get Zaniolo, I highly doubt we'll run off and start scrambling about to see who's available last minute. We'll just be done. 

and to be honest, the majority of fans would have settled for a left back, right winger and a centre back 4 weeks ago! 

3 signings that were needed rather than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

So what would he offer that we don't already have?

Mate if you think the likes of Albrighton or Perez are better than I'd like it hat you're smoking. He's a proven prem player used to a high press and plays a high tempo game, he would be a great addition as competition for Barnes, or on current form probably gets in ahead of Barnes. Plus Tete is only here until June, who knows if we sign him again or what league we will be in. Harrison would tear up the championship or be a good option on either side in the prem. Hey I'd rather us sign Sarr but I'd be happy with this.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Both have a long way to go to be delivering 15+ PL goals and assists every season.

Barnes is simply AWOL too often. and he's probably one of the weakest wingers in the PL when it comes to pressing and tracking back.  And he's regressing.  A big talent but I don't think he has the footballing brain to put it to best use.

Harvey has done that once, by the way.  And not on pace to do it this season.  Admittedly any time a player regresses under a bad manager you have to wonder how much of it is down to that.

18 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mate if you think the likes of Albrighton or Perez are better than I'd like it hat you're smoking. He's a proven prem player used to a high press and plays a high tempo game, he would be a great addition as competition for Barnes, or on current form probably gets in ahead of Barnes. Plus Tete is only here until June, who knows if we sign him again or what league we will be in. Harrison would tear up the championship or be a good option on either side in the prem. Hey I'd rather us sign Sarr but I'd be happy with this.

Fair enough