Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

49 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I was told we want 4 players in, 3 are done(ish) so gives Rudkin & Co a good few hours to get something over the line. I'm 75% confident of a 4th, We do need to reduce the wage bill by more than just Perez though.

So we know 1 for sure, 1 almost done, is this the 3rd done(ish) or is this the 4th that 75% on and the 3rd is someone we haven't heard much of yet?

I can't keep up, gone from signing no one to being linked with multiple players and actually have hope of bringing them in lol

Assuming Souttar's medical goes through fine, we now have a LB, a CB, and a left-footed RW in place. Those were priority positions. With the possible exception of GK, I would say this is the next highest priority. If there's a chance we can get it done, we hopefully will push hard.

Harrison has a lot of attributes that would aid our fight to climb the table. Is he the most attractive option out there and the first choice for the fans? No. Does he improve the squad substantially? I'd argue yes. Barnes / Harrison and Tete / Albrighton is streaks ahead of our wide options at the start of the month in Barnes and Perez / Albrighton. That's in terms of quality, output, and depth. Harrison's blood and thunder high intensity style of play will appeal massively to our fans too.

I was initially put off by the fee, and the fact we hadn't got Tete done. The fee isn't going to be a high as the first mooted £35m and Tete is here now. If the club, Glover, and Rodgers are aligned this couple be a very good addition. Hopefully we can shift at least Perez and Soyuncu to help balance the books too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

14 in 2019/20, 13 in 2020/21 when he missed the last third of the season and 16 last season. 

He's having a poor season by his standards and yet likely get close to that again.

I share all the frustrations on the bits of his game he needs to improve, but he delivers and there's not many wingers that do that yet get held in much higher regard.

I think we see Barnes improve by Tete creating more space for him by the opposition not being able to predict our patterns of attacking play. Barnes struggles to take players on but I challenge you to find a better winger at finding space to run on to a through ball or cross and finishing off his weaker foot.

Yeah, I'm a Barnes fan, but he's the epitome of a modern winger. He's either 9/10 for a game or 2 or he's 4/10 for 3 or 4 games.

I do share your thoughts on him maybe improving with the arrival of Tete. We're too one dimensional going forward and when we need to break quickly we rely on Barnes finding space, which is hard for anyone when you're being doubled up on by most teams 

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So we know 1 for sure, 1 almost done, is this the 3rd done(ish) or is this the 4th that 75% on and the 3rd is someone we haven't heard much of yet?

I can't keep up, gone from signing no one to being linked with multiple players and actually have hope of bringing them in lol

Forgot about the danish lad, told you I couldn't keep up :facepalm:

So that would make this the 4th signing you're 75% sure of...........

18 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Mate who is a Leeds season ticket holder is panicking about this, reckons he would great for us. 

Same vibe I’m getting. It’s one of those where it’s frustrating watching them sometimes, but you wouldn’t want the gamble of them being good for another team. It’s a bit like how I felt about Gray, but thankfully he’s just pony. 

Don’t think we’ll get Harrison anyway. 

Harrison’s shot creating stats from live play are pretty awful but he always puts up decent numbers. We know he can swing in a good corner and he’ll offer us a left-footed option for free kicks. 

He’s got a decent shot on him, if we were to sign him and get him firing on goal a bit more often to add to the defensive energy he’d bring, he’d be an excellent pickup. 

Rodgers seems to like setting up with one defensive winger and Harrison would be an upgrade for the Perez role when we need to play that way. 

A midfield of KDH, Maddison, and Tielemans may require us to press from the front more often, Harrison could offer us a lot in that sort of role. We also need fresh legs to bring on at the end of a game. 

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

14 in 2019/20, 13 in 2020/21 when he missed the last third of the season and 16 last season. 

He's having a poor season by his standards and yet likely get close to that again.

I share all the frustrations on the bits of his game he needs to improve, but he delivers and there's not many wingers that do that yet get held in much higher regard.

I think we see Barnes improve by Tete creating more space for him by the opposition not being able to predict our patterns of attacking play. Barnes struggles to take players on but I challenge you to find a better winger at finding space to run on to a through ball or cross and finishing off his weaker foot.

FAO @Bob Hazels shorts

30 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Mate who is a Leeds season ticket holder is panicking about this, reckons he would great for us. 

I recall someone on these boards saying similar before we signed Vestergaard. Unbelievable.