Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

This was always going to be about whether Jack Harrison, himself, wants to move to Leicester. I would have assumed no. Football Insider isn't the best source but it backs up how I thought this would go.

His figures aren't spectacular anyway so don't really see what he would have brought to the squad, other than a little extra competition on the wings. Perhaps time to move on.

Just now, Bezzanator89 said:

This was always going to be about whether Jack Harrison, himself, wants to move to Leicester. I would have assumed no. Football Insider isn't the best source but it backs up how I thought this would go.

His figures aren't spectacular anyway so don't really see what he would have brought to the squad, other than a little extra competition on the wings. Perhaps time to move on.

Despite the media reports today, I doubt we'd have pursued this for so long without some encouragement from the player's side?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Let's go for zaniolo then

Would love to see it. Put in a relegation release clause, then say a failure to qualify for the Europa League release clause in next year. Though to be fair, if he's been considering the likes of Bournemouth then surely he'd be fairly keen on us.

Not surprised the player is hesitant - I'm sure it's nothing against LCFC, but not every player is going to jump at a mid-season sideways move. 

Reckon we'll be back in for him in the summer if this doesn't go through today.

Not really fussed about this one. He’s a good option to have and on his day will be really useful for us. However, he will have no resale value as he’s hardly going to be any better than one of his best seasons at Leeds so it won’t prompt a bigger club to come in for him for us to make a profit. Plus he’s 26 and at the end of a 3 year contract would be 29. Feels like Perez all over again. All comes down to how much we are willing to pay for a squad player. Albrighton has been great squad player but we got him on a free.

would much rather spend less on young talent that will not only still push Barnes to do better but may prove to be a better financial asset. Mitoma cost Brighton £2.5m. All to late for that in this window I suppose 

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd be surprised if we made a bid without speaking to the player first.

Whilst it's agasint the rules it happens all the time.

of course but his agent may have been using us to get leeds to increase their contract offer moving forward - people are speculating that its not happening because of the player - if leeds feel they need to replace him and cant get their target in then they will have pulled the plug.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Despite the media reports today, I doubt we'd have pursued this for so long without some encouragement from the player's side?

He's been to view a house in Leicester so he must be considering the move.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Would love to see it. Put in a relegation release clause, then say a failure to qualify for the Europa League release clause in next year. Though to be fair, if he's been considering the likes of Bournemouth then surely he'd be fairly keen on us.

Zaniolo won’t be much cheaper and will create fewer goals than Jack Harrison.  lol

David Ornstein reported that City made a £20m bid last week but it wasn’t clear then if either Leeds would accept or Harrison would agree to terms. This was concrete interest and not just agent talk.

City must have felt that this was worth a shot, and considering neither Leeds nor Harrison completely closed the door to a City move suggests this shot was worth taking—even if it missed in the end.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

He's been to view a house in Leicester so he must be considering the move.

Just now, Thebluefox85 said:

Deals dead he’s rejected us let’s move on 

Nobody outside of the two clubs and his agent knows what happened  ……….

But yes, we must move on ….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Zaniolo won’t be much cheaper and will create fewer goals than Jack Harrison.  lol

Ridiculously talented though and can play in lots of positions. Might never find that little bit extra he needs but if he does, he'd be one of the best around. Just think potential makes him a much more exciting option with a much bigger resell value.

Harrison would be great if he was under £20m and we had more money to spend. Just feels like a huge amount in our current situation for somebody who doesn't improve the starting eleven.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Ridiculously talented though and can play in lots of positions. Might never find that little bit extra he needs but if he does, he'd be one of the best around. Just think potential makes him a much more exciting option with a much bigger resell value.

Harrison would be great if he was under £20m and we had more money to spend. Just feels like a huge amount in our current situation for somebody who doesn't improve the starting eleven.

He's also incredibly hated by essentially everyone involved at Roma. When you're too much of a pr!ck for Jose Mourinho, I don't think I want you here. 

• Like 1

According to the ever reliable Fab Rom - we were in intense negotiations 5 hours ago - the player and his reps must have been open to the move (at least at that time) or I’m sure we wouldn’t have wasted time on it whilst still doing the Souttar deal.

I think he would’ve been a good addition, but not a game changer and I’m really content with the three signings we’ve made that all have the potential to improve our starting XI…..if they fit in well and adapt to premier league football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He's also incredibly hated by essentially everyone involved at Roma. When you're too much of a pr!ck for Jose Mourinho, I don't think I want you here. 

Everyone is too much of **** for Jose :D