Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

Interesting Tanner suggests the issue is this move not happening was at Leeds’ end - wonder what he means by internal issues? 

“Likewise, Leeds’ demands for Harrison exceeded the £20million Leicester were prepared to pay. His signing would have been a huge boost to Leicester’s survival plans, but internal issues at Leeds scuppered any chance of a deal.”

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Interesting Tanner suggests the issue is this move not happening was at Leeds’ end - wonder what he means by internal issues? 

“Likewise, Leeds’ demands for Harrison exceeded the £20million Leicester were prepared to pay. His signing would have been a huge boost to Leicester’s survival plans, but internal issues at Leeds scuppered any chance of a deal.”

Leeds wanted to sell, he didnt want to go. Leeds needed to shift him to fund the Mckinnie deal in the summer. 

Would be my guess...

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think he would have been a good signing and maybe we'll go back for him in the Summer, especially if they're relegated.

But there's plenty more options out there.

If he doesn't want to come here then we should drop the interest. I'd rather have a player willing to join "the Leicester project". I don't think Rodgers recent antics and disrespect to players helps us in this respect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

They are hardly 100% behind the manager there and Leeds didn’t get a replacement/bother to try 

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Leeds wanted to sell, he didnt want to go. Leeds needed to shift him to fund the Mckinnie deal in the summer. 

Would be my guess...

I think you’d be wrong, respectfully. We wouldn’t have got that close without encouragement from the player’s side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

I think you’d be wrong, respectfully. We wouldn’t have got that close without encouragement from the player’s side.

Well even if it was agreed and the contract we offered him wasn't good enough it would stop a move. 

So he was there…

On Tuesday evening, Harrison actually made the trip to Leicester’s training ground, pre-empting the possibility that he could be sold at the last minute. City got a medical going. Then, with the clock counting down, Leeds reached the decision to keep him and the prospect of him leaving finally died a death.

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

So he was there…

On Tuesday evening, Harrison actually made the trip to Leicester’s training ground, pre-empting the possibility that he could be sold at the last minute. City got a medical going. Then, with the clock counting down, Leeds reached the decision to keep him and the prospect of him leaving finally died a death.

Wow it was close then.

What a shame. No doubt we will revisit in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

So he was there…

Somebody doesn’t know what pre-empt means. Which is fine, obvs 🙄