Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

And while some on here started moaning about a journalist suggesting (without a quote from the player) he wasn’t keen and that we shouldn’t go for him if he didn’t want to come. Well we now know that wasn’t true. 

He’s a good player and now with two players down in a position he’d be competing for, pretty gutted. 

Hopefully he doesn’t sign a new deal and we reignite this in the summer. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I don't want anyone to say clubs don't tap up players on here ever again. Your proof is there that it happened. 

In what way Ashley ? 
he was clearly at our training ground with Leeds knowledge and agreement 

we had clearly already discussed a deal with his agent (as happens with loads of possible signings all the time) 

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Leeds wanted to sell, he didnt want to go. Leeds needed to shift him to fund the Mckinnie deal in the summer. 

Would be my guess...

Wrong guess! 

9 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

If he doesn't want to come here then we should drop the interest. I'd rather have a player willing to join "the Leicester project". I don't think Rodgers recent antics and disrespect to players helps us in this respect. 

hopefully we get him for £10m in June when they’re relegated  ……..

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Leeds wanted to sell, he didnt want to go. Leeds needed to shift him to fund the Mckinnie deal in the summer. 

Would be my guess...

Nope.  JH is down the pecking order now with Gnonto and Summerville outshining him and Sinisterra being bought.  We were going to bring Zaniolo in if he went.

He's a very good but not great player.  He's worth well more than £20m in today's market though.  £30/35m is about right.

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In what way Ashley ? 
he was clearly at our training ground with Leeds knowledge and agreement 

we had clearly already discussed a deal with his agent (as happens with loads of possible signings all the time) 

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Or Leeds gave him permission and changed their mind last minute.

Pre empted a move🤔

Told you. That's exactly what I'd heard. This was also why it was late announcing Souttar. 

People didn't think I was ITK either. 

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

So Harrison must have agreed terms, maybe he did want to come or was indifferent to the idea, he's not going to say he wanted the move now anyway so we won't really know. Shame

Nope, Leeds pulled the plug. They ultimately decided not to sell to a rival. 

Didn’t realise we’d got so close to getting him. 

• Like 2

Just now, KingsX said:

Not with one year left on his contract this summer it isn't.

Don't see why that makes any difference.  If it was 6 months left, perhaps.

Anyway, I was just talking about market value.  That's where we are now.  Decent but not world class PL players are £30m.

12 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Hopefully we nab him on a free in the summer

Although knowing Leicester we'll reject the chance and end up putting in a big bid for Lookman to account for last summer

18 months left on his contract, so won’t be free.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

You think it's ridiculous that a club might intentionally pull the plug seeing we'd jumped the gun letting 2 wingers leave ?

Yeah, seems pretty far fetched.  If we were worried about strengthening a relegation rival, we wouldn't have got anywhere close to how far down the line it got.

I would imagine that we couldn't get the right price on Zaniolo and you wouldn't budge on your offer so it was deemed a bad move for us at that point. 

17 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Yeah, seems pretty far fetched.  If we were worried about strengthening a relegation rival, we wouldn't have got anywhere close to how far down the line it got.

I would imagine that we couldn't get the right price on Zaniolo and you wouldn't budge on your offer so it was deemed a bad move for us at that point. 

Yeah, I’d suggested that might have been the case of Leeds being cynical but looks like we’d already prepared for Perez and Albrighton to go so Harrison not moving didn’t change our plans to let them leave. 

• Like 1

We should have had a back up plan to this. Leeds, either by luck or intent, have had our pants down here. One injury to Tete and we either have Madders or Praet playing out of position.

A loan for Hutchinson, for example, would have given us cover, and he would be getting more time for us than at Chelsea. 

Edited by ts_1010

19 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Let’s see what happens at the of the season.  I don’t blame him for not moving now.  

if Leeds stay up, all good

if Leeds go down and we stay up - we likely go in for him 

if Leeds and us go down - going to us was a bad move anyway

We’d probably get him for a lower price too..