Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Jack Harrison

Frustrating how close this was, could be a big moment in this season, particularly annoying considering we let Albrighton go presumably as we thought this one was happening!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Frustrating how close this was, could be a big moment in this season, particularly annoying considering we let Albrighton go presumably as we thought this one was happening!

Not quite - according to the article, we thought the deal with Harrison wasn't happening at the start of the day and had already agreed for both Perez and Albrighton to leave. 

46 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not quite - according to the article, we thought the deal with Harrison wasn't happening at the start of the day and had already agreed for both Perez and Albrighton to leave. 

If so, that seems like an odd decision. We were already thin in wide positions, and we made a conscious choice to stretch ourselves even thinner.

Not forgetting that McAteer (might have had a chance of a place on the bench) had also gone on loan as well, seems weird that Harrison (apparently) was at Seagrave on Monday only for Leeds to pull the plug on the deal late in the dayl…

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Bullet dodged i say for those numbers

Wasn’t a bargain agreed but I’ve always thought he was decent skilful hard working player. When Leeds signed him I thought it was a good buy. English players always seem to command a premium. We could have done with another in given we have lost perez and albrighton and weren’t able to go for lookman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

If so, that seems like an odd decision. We were already thin in wide positions, and we made a conscious choice to stretch ourselves even thinner.

I don't think the club would have wanted Albrighton to go but he clearly wanted first team football and accepted his wishes based on what a loyal servant he's been to the club. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I don't think the club would have wanted Albrighton to go but he clearly wanted first team football and accepted his wishes based on what a loyal servant he's been to the club. 

Which was very nice of the club. I just wonder how many other clubs would have chosen to be nice in this scenario, particularly if there was a clear risk of the squad being weakened.

Didn't we grant Schmeichel his request to leave before his contract expired out of 'respect for his achievements'? Look where that got us.

• Like 1