Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxFromCoalville

Southampton Away Sat 4th March 17:30

Just now, Voll Blau said:

What's the protocol with it?

Photo ID, collection opens at 4pm. To be honest, I bought mine late as I didn't know if to go as me and the partner were expecting our daughter.. normally I buy on first day of sales. 

Did anyone else buy late and they've been asked to collect? 

Collection for me:
---

We are writing to share some important information with you about a new trial of random ticket ID checks for supporters visiting away stadiums next month in an effort to help improve fan safety and tackle ticket touting.

These ticket ID checks, which are also aimed at reducing the increasing instances of anti-social behaviour seen at away games, will start from Saturday 4 March, when the Men’s First Team travel to face Southampton in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at St Mary’s Stadium.

This means that while the vast majority of tickets will be distributed to purchasing supporters in advance as normal, a small number of tickets will be retained and held for matchday collection at the relevant away ground. Supporters that have purchased these tickets (and any supporters who have been allocated tickets by the lead purchaser within that booking) will be asked to present a photo ID that corresponds with the owner of the match ticket in order to collect.

The Club is conducting ticket ID checks to help prevent abuse of the away ticket priority system, to ensure that only supporters that legitimately qualify to access away tickets are entering visiting sections and to help combat the problem of ticket touting, which is an issue that affects many clubs and supporters.

Supporters are politely reminded that all tickets purchased from the Football Club are strictly non-transferable and that the unauthorised sale of tickets may amount to a criminal offence.

As you have been selected for a random ticket ID check, you will be asked to proceed to a designated collection point (listed below) at the stadium on the day of the match with a valid photo ID. If your ID matches the ticket owner, the Club will then issue you with your match ticket.

The Football Club understand that these checks may cause some inconvenience and thanks supporters for their patience as it kindly asks for cooperation and understanding in this matter. These checks are necessary to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all fans attending away games.

Ticket Collection Point

- Ticket Office 3

- Located next to the away turnstiles

- Open from 4pm until 5:30pm

- Photo ID MUST be present with the ticket owner*

*Please note Photo ID must be presented by the ticket owner upon collection of their match ticket. Should the ticket owner fail to present photo ID on the day, the ticket will not be issued.

Thank you for your continued support, safe journey to the match.

5 minutes ago, PaulinOx said:

Collection for me:
---

We are writing to share some important information with you about a new trial of random ticket ID checks for supporters visiting away stadiums next month in an effort to help improve fan safety and tackle ticket touting.

These ticket ID checks, which are also aimed at reducing the increasing instances of anti-social behaviour seen at away games, will start from Saturday 4 March, when the Men’s First Team travel to face Southampton in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at St Mary’s Stadium.

This means that while the vast majority of tickets will be distributed to purchasing supporters in advance as normal, a small number of tickets will be retained and held for matchday collection at the relevant away ground. Supporters that have purchased these tickets (and any supporters who have been allocated tickets by the lead purchaser within that booking) will be asked to present a photo ID that corresponds with the owner of the match ticket in order to collect.

The Club is conducting ticket ID checks to help prevent abuse of the away ticket priority system, to ensure that only supporters that legitimately qualify to access away tickets are entering visiting sections and to help combat the problem of ticket touting, which is an issue that affects many clubs and supporters.

Supporters are politely reminded that all tickets purchased from the Football Club are strictly non-transferable and that the unauthorised sale of tickets may amount to a criminal offence.

As you have been selected for a random ticket ID check, you will be asked to proceed to a designated collection point (listed below) at the stadium on the day of the match with a valid photo ID. If your ID matches the ticket owner, the Club will then issue you with your match ticket.

The Football Club understand that these checks may cause some inconvenience and thanks supporters for their patience as it kindly asks for cooperation and understanding in this matter. These checks are necessary to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all fans attending away games.

Ticket Collection Point

- Ticket Office 3

- Located next to the away turnstiles

- Open from 4pm until 5:30pm

- Photo ID MUST be present with the ticket owner*

*Please note Photo ID must be presented by the ticket owner upon collection of their match ticket. Should the ticket owner fail to present photo ID on the day, the ticket will not be issued.

Thank you for your continued support, safe journey to the match.

Because people are really going to be touting tickets for Southampton awaylol

15 hours ago, robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc said:

Got the collection email.. my mate was going to use my dads ticket so we're screwed now.:mad:

Anyone got one physical ticket for sale?

Does every ticket holder need to show ID? It’s normally the lead ticket holder isn’t it? Or was your mate going alone?

17 hours ago, PaulinOx said:

Where's their evidence for this? Absolute rubbish. Overzealous stewarding and policing leading to more arrests for minor/no offences does not = increasing "anti-social behaviour"

41 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Where's their evidence for this? Absolute rubbish. Overzealous stewarding and policing leading to more arrests for minor/no offences does not = increasing "anti-social behaviour"

High up on the arrests and banning orders 

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

High up on the arrests and banning orders 

yeah that's my point. I haven't noticed anti social behaviour at football rising over the 20 odd years I've been going, quite the opposite. But police and clubs are arresting/banning people for minute offences so they can boost football crime stats, thus justifying heavy handed policing and measures like this new ID for away tickets rubbish 

3 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

yeah that's my point. I haven't noticed anti social behaviour at football rising over the 20 odd years I've been going, quite the opposite. But police and clubs are arresting/banning people for minute offences so they can boost football crime stats, thus justifying heavy handed policing and measures like this new ID for away tickets rubbish 

I bet this ID nonsense will be a thing of the past soon. Because people will just not be happy about the trouble of getting them etc.