Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall Away - Match Thread

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Trying to get them some confidence, but we are so shite as a unit it looks like backfiring 😅

it's the "unit's" fault that Daka has essentially fluffed 3 seperate shots from about 6 yards out?

Daka gets so many excuses for being crap for some reason...

He's just not very good, that's all there is to it really.

Edited by Sampson

When other teams re gain the ball and start to attack they look like a team that knows what they are doing.

Leicester City of late don't seem to have a clue what to do, to many passes and not being direct enough.

When Leicester go full on at teams we are at our best why don't we play like that anymore?

Thoughts after 25 minutes.

- Tielemans is spending a lot of time walking; and when he's not walking, he's passing the ball so lazily. I know we've speculated whether he is really as committed as he should be; and I think today gives us something of an answer. I'd probably hook him if he doesn't pick up the intensity/effort/quality.

- Barnes looks half asleep and doesn't seem to have the willingness/confidence to take on his opposite number. Doesn't even seem to be connecting with the ball cleanly. His decision making has always been questionable and his finishing quality varies in spurts of good patches and bad patches but so far today he looks like he can't even execute the basics.

- Ref is letting them get away with all manner of challenges; someone is going to get injured and I'm afraid its on Gavin Ward (not that one).

- Maddison is getting sent off today for either grumbling or diving; and it will be unfair.

- Daka desperately needs a goal; just a fortunate one or a scuffed one or anything; his movement and positions have actually been really good today; but he's fluffing his lines at the key time (see also Barnes, H)

- Defenders do seem happy to use Iversen. I've not seen enough of him, but they seem a bit less panicked than with Ward?

Let's bloody have this.

Edited by The People's Hero
Used wrong name. Got Barnes and Ward mixed up. Mainly as both absolute turd at the minute. Prove me wrong, Harvey!

One commentator to the other:

”What do you think of Leicester’s mentality so far”.

”I think it’s really good they’ve really respected Walsall”.

The **** what ?

What the **** has Rodgers done to these lot. He could walk into half of these pundits houses and take their Mrs upstairs and they would turn around and say, great coach that Rodgers really improved her overall performance.