Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall Away - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes seems to have added this little skim over the top of the ball jockey to further slow down his game to suit Brendan's laboured speed he likes his teams to control games with. Hideous half of football, we should be embarrassed.

When we are good, Barnes is excellent. When we are poor, he is absolutely turgid, usually. 

At least he's stopped doing the one where he skins the defender and then you fear he's going to turn back and skin him again; but no he punts it down the line out of play rather than just looking up and crossing it, or running in on goal.

The Barnes over-run was an absolute classic for a while. I hope he bring it back at least once today for the cameras.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Negative sideways and backwards passing time after time.  

Stop it!!!!!!

You're not allowed to say those kind of things!

As for the rest of your post. Control. :brendan:

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It is amazing how much defence him and vardy are getting this season, when he's had 4 seperate shots/headers with no defender between him and the keeper from 10 yards or less each and has fluffed every single one of them.

Absolutely baffled people can still defend Daka in this half. As poor as we've been in general, any half decent striker has to have finished at least 1 and more honestly, has to have finished at least 2 goals in that first half.

We create hardly anything, check the xG stats - end of. Yes it would be nice for our strikers to score some of these half chances, but they are hardly guilt edge opportunities 

It amazes me still how Rodgers gets away with this crap week in week out

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

When we are good, Barnes is excellent. When we are poor, he is absolutely turgid, usually. 

At least he's stopped doing the one where he skins the defender and then you fear he's going to turn back and skin him again; but no he punts it down the line out of play rather than just looking up and crossing it, or running in on goal.

The Barnes over-run was an absolute classic for a while. I hope he bring it back at least once today for the cameras.

He's not been great today but he's getting almost zero help. Nobody is trying to overlap or at least run into space to create space for Barnes to run into. It is like they have never played together.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Struggling to cope with us, we have hardly peppered their goal?

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you watch the first half? Their desperate lunges? Desperate blocks? The various excellent chances for Barnes and Daka that we fluffed? Their physical targeting of Maddison who can do whatever he wants with the ball when he gets it - they can't get near him in a fair way? Or did you come in to it with an agenda and are fudging the narrative to suit?

Just now, TMELcfc said:

We create hardly anything, check the xG stats - end of. Yes it would be nice for our strikers to score some of these half chances, but they are hardly guilt edge opportunities 

It amazes still how Rodgers gets away with this crap week in week out

Half chances? Have you watched the same game as me. He had a free header from 8 yards out unmarked, he had a chance from 10 yards out, he had 2 bites at a chance from the corner of the 6 yard box...

The header alone absolutely was a gilt edge chance, as was the 2nd of the one from the edge of the 6 yard box and the other 2? 3? were more than half-chances too.

I'm sorry, I know we all want Brendan out, but it's warping people to completely wash everyone else of any kind of responsibility. The idea that Daka has been feeding on scraps and only had half chances in that first half is just daft and massive, massive overcompensation