Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall Away - Match Thread

13 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Dewsbury-Hall knows he has a right foot?

You would have thought that as he worked his way through the academy, the coaches would have made a big point of working on his right foot wouldn't you. He could have been a top top player if he could use his right foot. I highly doubt he will hit those heights with him being so one footed. I like him though, he's just not as good as he could have been.

Just now, reynard said:

He's not been great today but he's getting almost zero help. Nobody is trying to overlap or at least run into space to create space for Barnes to run into. It is like they have never played together.

You're with me though on the Barnes over-run? If we get a couple of goals up (we need two as Gavin Ward is going to give them a dodgy pen isn't he?) then I hope Barnes feels comfortable bringing it out of the locker.

Ideally we get 5-0 up so we can have the Barnes over-run, Daka missing an open goal and a brace of Faes own goals and still go through.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Again, 51 goals in 59 for Salzberg doesn't mean anything. Haaland seems to have warped people's ideas of the quality of the league.

Check the most recent scorers in the Austrian league in recent years:

2021-22 - Karim Adeyemi - gone to Dortmund, looks massively oout of his depth, yet to score/assist.

2020-21 - Patson Daka - gone to Leicester, been largely poor

2017-20 - Mu'nas Dabbar - top scorer 3 years in a row. Went to Sevilla, didn't score a single goal, went to Hoffenheim, hasn't scored more than 4 in a season in the Bundesliga

2016-17 - Olenwaraju Kayode - Went to Man City - didn't score a single goal in the PL. Went to Girona - didn't score a single goal in La Liga. Went to Shatkar - scored 3 goals in the Ukranian league.

2013-16 - Jonathan Sariano - went to China for a couple of years, then ended up as a reserve player in the Spanish 2nd tier

The Austrian league is a very low level in terms of European leagues and the idea because he scored goals there he is Premier League quality is a weird conclusion to draw when other golden boot winners have all failed in major European Leagues.

And yes, he scored 4 goals against Spartak Moscow who were 12th in the Russian league at the time... People are still obsessing over a single performance against the equivalent of Championship opposition and ignoring the vast majority of games he's been crap in. It's weird.

I wanted him to come good, but I don't know how people can have watched him over the past 18 months can draw any conclusion other than he's a bit crap. It's Beckford all over again - people defended him for ages saying "it's the system" because he scored a hattrick vs Forest's reserves in the FA Cup, when it was so obvious he just wasn't good enough

Fair play, I had no idea the record of Austrian top scorers was that bad