Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall 0-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Much better second half. Lots of chances went astray but we did just enough to get through. Must be more clinical. Daka got into some great positions but his finishing was poor. He looks void of confidence.. Kel did well when he came on but he missed a couple of sitters too and the goal was a deflection. Midfield worked well. Mendy recycling through midfield. Kdh ran his socks off again and was very competitive. Not youris best game. Lots of neat touches but still could have done better in the final third. Great corners for once but poor penalty. Our defence fought hard against a physical Walsall. Victor looked solid if unspectacular when he came on. Can see him getting a few games. On to the fifth round. 

Edited by Supergray22

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He kept a clean sheet but looked nervy at times. 

Distribution was poor, hesitant coming off his line and got away with a couple of moments that he adapted well to, nearly fumbled a simple header on the line.

Couldn’t agree more. He was quiet because he quite literally had nothing to do. Not convinced he’s better than Ward. 

That fumble at the end was a shocker.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, ACF said:

Couldn’t agree more. He was quiet because he quite literally had nothing to do. Not convinced he’s better than Ward. 

That fumble at the end was a shocker.

We are at a time where we’ve definitely let what has been a superb goalkeeper leave and not replaced him with another Premier level keeper.

Ward isn’t and I think Iversen looks shaky every time I see him play.

If we stay up, goalie has to be a priority in the summer.

Bit hard to judge our defence against such poor opposition who offered nothing going forward.

In general, we had all the ball but, again, doesn't say much as the gulf in skill was huge. 

Worried about going forward though. We should've scored 3-4 today, our finishing was dreadful. Should've created more too. They were organised, but plenty of weaknesses to exploit and we didn't do enough to put them under pressure.

Brendan will make a point that we allowed them to be in it right up until the 92nd minute. Luckily they had no one who could take freekicks. 

Not the best but through to the next round at least. Kristiansen looked encouraging all be it against a poor team, certainly better than Thomas.  I'm now starting to believe that Daka is never going to make it here, which saddens me. Maddison looked disinterested to me.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

No risk football, no risk team selection, narrow win.

Several young players should have been mixed in today and the club gain from their integration.

Rodgers being Rodgers picked his first outfield 10 again, the only risk being taken was running them into the ground or injuring them.

Another £193k in the bank for BR, another week of feeling like we’re treading water before we drown. 

I suppose from his and the clubs point of view, he’s done his job and got a win. From a fans point of view you can’t help but feel short changed.

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers bailed out by Nacho. A tail as old as time itself.

No Braybrooke again. Get that lad out on loan before we stunt another career.

Manager brings on striker and striker scores. Both doing their job, no bailing out you numpty.

Edited by LaCiudad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

Much better second half. Lots of chances went astray but we did just enough to get through. Must be more clinical. Daka got into some great positions but his finishing was poor. He looks void of confidence.. Kel did well when he came on but he missed a couple of sitters too and the goal was a deflection. Midfield worked well. Mendy recycling through midfield. Kdh tan his socks off again and was very competitive. Not youris best game. Lots of neat touches but still could have done better in the final third. Great corners for once but poor penalty. Our defence fought hard against a physical Walsall. Victor looked solid if unspectacular when he came on. Can see him getting a few games. On to the fifth round. 

Mendy did OK but was caught in possession a couple of times. Thought KDH drove the team forward second half. Needed to score a second goal but wasted chances. Timmy was decent and Dennis neat and tidy

• Like 2

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

The little chap was everywhere, got us moving forward, played really well. I even saw him take a shot for what I’m pretty sure is the first time ever! Was weird. 

I thought it was one of his better games, but his first instinct to pass backwards thwarts a lot of our best shapes going forward

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We are at a time where we’ve definitely let what has been a superb goalkeeper leave and not replaced him with another Premier level keeper.

Ward isn’t and I think Iversen looks shaky every time I see him play.

If we stay up, goalie has to be a priority in the summer.

Agree about Iversen, he doesn't fill me with much confidence. Even the saves he made were pushed out more in front of him than away from him, and given the rave reviews he had last season in the championship I'm surprised at what im seeing.  Definitely in need of a new number 1 keeper.

• Like 3