Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall 0-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I suppose from his and the clubs point of view, he’s done his job and got a win. From a fans point of view you can’t help but feel short changed.

I agree, but surely playing a team 3 divisions below us we should be comfortably winning, alongside 2-3 young players getting an hour of wearing the shirt under their belt (or over their belt, fashions change, I’m happy with either!)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I suppose from his and the clubs point of view, he’s done his job and got a win. From a fans point of view you can’t help but feel short changed.

These two sentences aren’t a bad summary of Rodgers time here tbf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I thought it was one of his better games, but his first instinct to pass backwards thwarts a lot of our best shapes going forward

Agreed. It's always the big problem with Mendy, he always has to pass to feet. There were 2 or 3 occasions when he'd run forward with the ball, but then either play a sideways pass to a player into feet instead of the riskier through ball forward that was one, or he'd turn round and play into feet backwards.

Never got why people who moan about Rodgers-ball often praise Mendy, as to me, he always seems the ultimate proponent of Rodgers-ball, in that everything has to be safe and to feet and about keeping possession, rather than playing the risky pass that might give away possession or might create a chance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I agree, but surely playing a team 3 divisions below us we should be comfortably winning, alongside 2-3 young players getting an hour of wearing the shirt under their belt (or over their belt, fashions change, I’m happy with either!)

I completely agree, I’ve had a rant in the BR thread saying as much. About performances, not belts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Outscored Gillingham and now Walsall 

What's not to like?

In all seriousness,  good result,potential banana skin avoided.

Not a great performance but in the hat

Yes - their cup final - our banana skin...

Just now, LaCiudad said:

Just re-read your second sentence. Get off your keyboard and spend more time in the real world.

If you think his performance as manager of this club is up to standard the last 18 months, you are not living in the real world my friend. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

Agreed. It's always the big problem with Mendy, he always has to pass to feet. There were 2 or 3 occasions when he'd run forward with the ball, but then either play a sideways pass to a player into feet instead of the riskier through ball forward that was one, or he'd turn round and play into feet backwards.

Never got why people who moan about Rodgers-ball often praise Mendy, as to me, he always seems the ultimate proponent of Rodgers-ball, in that everything has to be safe and to feet and about keeping possession, rather than playing the risky pass that might give away possession or might create a chance.

I agree entirely, I can imagine mendy being a very good trainer, understanding and implementing BR’s instructions entirely. He seems like the epitome of Rodgersball.

It’s a great observation about passing to feet - that is exactly why he seems so defensive with his passes, never into the space in front of a runner, where the real rewards are found

Just now, deep blue said:

Mendy doesn't cut it for me.  I'd love to see Braybrooke given a go instead.

I see Mendy being frequently caught out and dispossessed by not being aware of what's going on around him, whereas I believe Braybrooke is good in that aspect, and I think he's much more progressive in his passing.

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Is it time for Itchy Nacho’s to be the main man?

Other than that, we’re through. That’s good even if we weren’t. 

Quite a few of us think that, but with Mr Rodgers...no chance. He just doesn't rate him, but let's be honest Kel has saved him his job on several occaisions.

Should have won 3-0 maybe 4-0 at least. The chances we missed go in and I don’t think anybody would have any complaints, bar the 1st 40 mins.

Thought we looked alright in the second half just couldn’t put the ball in the net. Walsall obviously rose to the occasion but I still don’t think they caused us much trouble. We’re in a bit of a mess at the minute but still thought we dealt with the occasion fairly well. It is a shame that we struggle to score and that’s an issue that needs sorting. You can’t miss the amount of chances we do and expect to pick many points up against better opposition. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ACF said:

If you think his performance as manager of this club is up to standard the last 18 months, you are not living in the real world my friend. 

I'm not your friend. You still didn't re-read your second sentence did you? Now, go back and try again. :frusty:

Meh - cup tie. We were better in the 2nd half but i actually enjoyed the first more as i think Walsall got really stuck into us. 

Madders looks way off the pace. Thought Daka looks sharp but final product awful. Kristiansen looked lively and should of had an assist. Harvey's goal last week hasn't sorted his confidence. Dennis looked alright. Iversen still not conceded. Iheanacho lucky with the shot but this is what happens when you actually have a go rather than passing around in circles, although for the rest of the game he was no better than Daka.

Lets just move on. Kristiansen looks ok and Tete going to being some class into the attack.