Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall 0-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

A win’s a win and all that but that was another joyless frustrating watch.

Yes, we’re in the hat for the fifth round but there was precious little evidence on show against League Two opponents that this team under this manager has what it takes to achieve our sole objective for the season - which is to avoid relegation.

I wouldn’t say any player excelled (or even boosted their self-confidence) today - though Kristiansen clearly looks like an upgrade on Thomas. The only genuine positive was the result.

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Quite a few of us think that, but with Mr Rodgers...no chance. He just doesn't rate him, but let's be honest Kel has saved him his job on several occaisions.

Iheanacho doesn't save his job, Iheanacho and his goals are part of his job.

Edited by LaCiudad
  • Like 1

With the exception of the first 20 seconds and failing to make more of our clear chances, that was a totally professional job. Faes in particular never looked like anything pass him.

Means nothing for the Premier League, but there are plenty of Leicester teams past and Premier league teams present who haven't done what this lot have. Some of the negative posting about this game was just silly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eastendfox said:

With the exception of the first 20 seconds and failing to make more of our clear chances, that was a totally professional job. Faes in particular never looked like anything pass him.

Means nothing for the Premier League, but there are plenty of Leicester teams past and Premier league teams present who haven't done what this lot have. Some of the negative posting about this game was just silly. 

I thought Faes jumped in needlessly and found himself out of position a few times in the first 20 minutes,but was much better second half.

21 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Manager brings on striker and striker scores. Both doing their job, no bailing out you numpty.

Manager brings him on from the start and he might score several, which would have allowed the manager to be much more inventive and progressive with his deployment of substitutes  e.g. giving some experience to our academy players and/or resting some of our key players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Fell sleep half way through the game. 

Missed the better half then lol 

14 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

there was no positives of that game 

the goal was lucky and we didn’t deserve the win 

Didn't deserve to win? We dominated 2nd half, and had several more chances than them.

No positives? I feel sorry for you.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

I'm not your friend. You still didn't re-read your second sentence did you? Now, go back and try again. :frusty:

We’re all friends here :kissing:

I re-read it. He’s lucky that cash flow is a problem at the club. We can’t afford to sack him, which in my opinion, is deserved, based off his tactical and man management performances. 

• Like 1

I’m glad we won but felt more relieved it was over. We have not been able to close out games well and everyone knows the dreaded stats on how many games we’ve lost from winning positions in the dying minutes too.

The commentator said we had something like 30+ attempts at goal. Over a half dozen should have been converted into goals.

why these guys have no conviction in front of goal really baffles me. Just bury the ball in the net ffs! This inability means we are the architects of our own downfall. Doesn’t matter who the opposition is you take those chances and you control the game better ease the pressure and build confidence. I’m not too fond of Rogers but this is on the players if they can’t do this.

yes we got lucky with the defected goal but fortune favors the brave. Nacho was trying.

Victor looked good considering he’s not played much the guy is gonna be a beast once he’s caught up fitness and sharpness wise. Great buy!

Youre still loses the ball but did ok shoukd have scored not hit the bar silly billy. It’s not luck it’s him.

nice to see Madders coming back slowly.

Iverson bar a few moments (I blame the defenders) was good. Wish he got more game time. Let’s get that Tete’ lad in asap.

someone needs to show Barnes how it’s done.

Player of the match…their Gk

Our POM…KDH/Mendy…

We just can’t score…My front 4, would be

Daka.  Nacho

Maddison

Barnes…

many posters seem to forget even the basic defence set-up

In Salzburg Daka got to run ins,at the defence…

Here he is surrounded and already sitting around the penalty area…

Nacho-Daka need a good 10 game run together, and coaching staff need to get them attacking those forward spaces..

Maddison & Tielemans will create space & be in the position, to feed the front 2,

includung with KDH, give Barnes more ball attacking that left side.

We have the quality rescources,with a 4-5 decent player back-up when fit.

Its the coaching & tactics that are too fickle & actually soft..

Outside the lack of converting,with some excellent created chances,I enjoyed today..   I take each game as they come,I drop & forget past games stories..

This forum is so much up its own ass,it can only criticise & throw those conveniently worded cynical wise cracks…It stops being funny after awhile.

The decent posts just get lost now & it’s hardwork getting through FT game day.

I hate how we set-up, & Rodgers scared of getting us on the front foot,but I,ll take

our snapshots of decent and some good play…

Whats the use of just moaning,and knocking our heads against the wall…

• Like 2

First half was gash. Second far better, I'd go as far as to say it was actually a good 45.

KDH was MOTM, steady in the first and absolutely everywhere after the break. Decent from Mendy, Kristiansen looks a real bright spark. Iheanacho playing like he has a point to prove and delivers again.

Daka poor. I sincerely hope the positivity of Kristiansen releases the shackles for Barnes, because he looked scared to beat a man again until the last 15.

Funnest away end I've been in all year. Not exactly spine tingling, but the banter second half with Gilet was fun. lol

Moving right along. In the hat. Job done.

14 minutes ago, ACF said:

We’re all friends here :kissing:

I re-read it. He’s lucky that cash flow is a problem at the club. We can’t afford to sack him, which in my opinion, is deserved, based off his tactical and man management performances. 

Now think about how cash flow might impact on the squad in a way the manager doesn't want, but has to put up with.

19 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Manager brings him on from the start and he might score several, which would have allowed the manager to be much more inventive and progressive with his deployment of substitutes  e.g. giving some experience to our academy players and/or resting some of our key players.

Or might not have worked.

As it is, his decision and substitutions worked.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Missed the better half then lol 

Didn't deserve to win? We dominated 2nd half, and had several more chances than them.

No positives? I feel sorry for you.

Tbh Stan it had nothing to do with the game. Probably more of the fact of my old age. lol 

13 minutes ago, LCFC1984 said:

Love this level of sarcasm :worship:

Got to hand it to you, you are a very few minority that realise sarcasm :appl:the amount of anti BR in this forum is entertaining they wanna scream at anyone smelling of pro BR to be real.. since the footy is pants right now, why not get my moneys worth on here :sweating:. Sorry not sorry, k thanks a bunch.

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 2