Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall 0-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Not surprising that a team low on confidence is having issues converting chances, but I'm glad we created decent chances today. Much more positive in doing so in the second half. Dominant win not reflected in the scoreline and much better than the Gillingham performance.

• Like 3

Bloody hell 28 shots. That's crazy that we've only scored 1 goal. To be fair it really didn't seem like we had that many. Need to work on finishing that's for sure. Can't say BR was too negative on this one seeing as we had so many 'shots' Screenshot_2023-01-28-15-53-15-27_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.thumb.jpg.ad6f3f415252cdadf2466b8cc4f19bb1.jpg

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I think we’ll get Fulham at home next round assuming they go through today. 

Oo or maybe Wednesday as I think they’ll beat Fleetwood. Would like that away, think we’d lose mind. 

Both losing. Get at me for your betting tips folks. Guaranteed £££££

25 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Bloody hell 28 shots. That's crazy that we've only scored 1 goal. To be fair it really didn't seem like we had that many. Need to work on finishing that's for sure. Can't say BR was too negative on this one seeing as we had so many 'shots' Screenshot_2023-01-28-15-53-15-27_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.thumb.jpg.ad6f3f415252cdadf2466b8cc4f19bb1.jpg

No way we had 28 shots!!!

Job dibe by the way,

Crap first half, decent second.

Good job they were sh1t.

I finally get a win in an away game.

Bring on the next one so we can win 1-0 again!!!

2 hours ago, martyn said:

Scoreline looks unconvincing, but I thought we were ok today. Much better performance than against Gillingham in similar conditions.

Use of the ball was good on a difficult pitch and we never really came under any pressure, nor had our usual 10 minutes of madness to give the opponent a sniff.

Barnes and Daka at anything above a 3/10 and we'd have won that by a few.

Yep totally. Had some bad luck as well before we score off a deflection. The reaction to the missed penalty was good - immediately started to playing a lot quicker 

35 minutes ago, Daggers said:

KDH was great, Iverson is a shoe in for No.1 and has been all season, Nacho should be starting every game and the team organised to service him.

...And Rodgers needs to GTFO of Leicester.

I'm no fan of Ward and want to see Iverson given a run in the league, as I can't see how he can be any worse, but I'm not sure Iverson was particularly convincing or showed that he has to be #1 today. He didn't really have any real goalkeeping to do and his distribution looked very iffy.

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

I'm no fan of Ward and want to see Iverson given a run in the league, as I can't see how he can be any worse, but I'm not sure Iverson was particularly convincing or showed that he has to be #1 today. He didn't really have any real goalkeeping to do and his distribution looked very iffy.

On a more positive note, Daka looked promising. An encouraging performance throughout. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sampson said:

What I would say is the iffy moments Iversen had didn't lead to anything, like where he was waiting for the ball to drop so he could clear it, he got the job done. Whereas had that been Ward he'd of managed to bicycle kick it in to his own net.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What I would say is the iffy moments Iversen had didn't lead to anything, like where he was waiting for the ball to drop so he could clear it, he got the job done. Whereas had that been Ward he'd of managed to bicycle kick it in to his own net.

Haha, not disagreeing. Like I said, I want to see Iverson given a run, but I also wouldn't say he was particularly great today. He barely had anything to do and the little he did still had a couple of iffy moments with his feet. Still think he'd be an improvement on Ward.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1