Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall 0-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

3 hours ago, foxsake said:

Walsall presented a solid challenge, well played.

Iverson should be our #1
Nacho should get more game time (as ever)
KDH is a menace
Great to see Madders back
Kristiansen looks good: tidy and quick-thinking.
Barnes continues to cut a frustrating figure.
Mendy getting caught dawdling a couple of times but I do like him.

.. I'm sorry to say this but Daka is a bit shit isn't he? 😬

Seen a number of similar posts about Iverson being number one.

I’m confused, thought he was terrible in the last 20 and did nowt in the rest of the game. He’d certainly make games more exciting, perhaps that’s why.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I’m confused, thought he was terrible in the last 20 and did nowt in the rest of the game. He’d certainly make games more exciting, perhaps that’s why.

Yep twice made errors of judgement which could have been worst 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Again I don’t think we played too badly today and it was another potential banana skin avoided.

Daka though…. Oh dear 

Just seen on tv our first shot on target by Daka, it was weak but he was thrown to the ground. That should have been a penalty before the one that was given.

Was down the Tigers listened to the first half on the way in, didn’t sound too bad.

Tried to stream a bit of the second half pre kick off at the Tigers, screen froze on Youri looking despondent and Walsall fans celebrating, I thought they had actually scored! 

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Compared to Ward, in whom I have little confidence. Iversen seems more commanding, a greater presence in the area. Far from perfect he's ahead of Ward imo. Perhaps you prefer Ward?

15 minutes ago, foxsake said:

Compared to Ward, in whom I have little confidence. Iversen seems more commanding, a greater presence in the area. Far from perfect he's ahead of Ward imo. Perhaps you prefer Ward?

I’d prefer both of them to be moved on.

You thought he was commanding in the last 20 minutes? He had Fcuk all to do in the rest of the game.

Overall I think he’s poor. 

37 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You thought he was commanding in the last 20 minutes? He had Fcuk all to do in the rest of the game.

I agree both of these are where I'd want our 3rd choice gk to be from what I seen today, I guess I see why Wards plays.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Was down the Tigers listened to the first half on the way in, didn’t sound too bad.

Tried to stream a bit of the second half pre kick off at the Tigers, screen froze on Youri looking despondent and Walsall fans celebrating, I thought they had actually scored! 

Must have frozen after he missed the peno

We struggled to beat a 4th division team currently sits at 14th position. 

All talks here bloody nonsense.

No positiveness here.

No hopes with our current situation. 

No tomorrow's for us in EPL the way club handling affairs atm.

Time for a decisive actions.

Getting rid of Brendan Suckers would be a good start.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

We struggled to beat a 4th division team currently sits at 14th position. 

All talks here bloody nonsense.

No positiveness here.

No hopes with our current situation. 

No tomorrow's for us in EPL the way club handling affairs atm.

Time for a decisive actions.

Getting rid of Brendan Suckers would be a good start.

Didn’t struggle in the slightest for me. I want Brendan out as the next man but I don’t see the need to rewrite things. It should have been five or six given the chances we had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

I mean that, in general, he is more commanding compared to Ward and I believe has more potential than Ward.

Of course we could better but right now that's who we have. Do you think he's poorer than Ward?

4 minutes ago, foxsake said:

I mean that, in general, he is more commanding compared to Ward and I believe has more potential than Ward.

Of course we could better but right now that's who we have. Do you think he's poorer than Ward?

Yes, I thought he was shocking in the last 20 minutes.

He hardly came off his line in his last game, I don’t think ‘commanding’ can be applied to either of them.

As for potential, I think both have the potential to play regularly a championship side. 

Edited by hackneyfox

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. It's always the big problem with Mendy, he always has to pass to feet. There were 2 or 3 occasions when he'd run forward with the ball, but then either play a sideways pass to a player into feet instead of the riskier through ball forward that was one, or he'd turn round and play into feet backwards.

Never got why people who moan about Rodgers-ball often praise Mendy, as to me, he always seems the ultimate proponent of Rodgers-ball, in that everything has to be safe and to feet and about keeping possession, rather than playing the risky pass that might give away possession or might create a chance.

I'd rate Mendy a lot more if one of those safe, ball to feet, possession keeping passes actually created a game winning goal.

17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Yes, I thought he was shocking in the last 20 minutes.

He hardly came off his line in his last game, I don’t think ‘commanding’ can be applied to either of them.

As for potential, I think both have the potential to play regularly a championship side. 

Skillful avoidance of the issue by arguing against points I didn't make. The thesis is that Iversen is better than Ward. You haven't answered that point. Perhaps you're having an argument with yourself? Or maybe commit to one or the other for the #1 spot?

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Luke Thomas is a bit shit, isn't he? 

Yes, he’s supposed to be third choice left back but has been made first due to injuries. Unfortunately he hasn’t taken the opportunity to develop. Weak and ineffective in defence, and lacks any threat going forward.

Most PL wingers ghost past him as if he wasn’t there.