Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Walsall 0-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

20 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Kristisn looks absolutely fantastic!! No more Thomas hopefully.

Bbc man of the match = KDH, apparently "shown his class and quality". Utter 💩. I don't mind applauding him for his work rate but that statement I found nauseating.

Thought KDH played well, also think Thomas still has a part to play in the team although from what I saw as second choice from now on

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Thought KDH played well, also think Thomas still has a part to play in the team although from what I saw as second choice from now on

Sorry but disagree with all of that. We need box to box midfielders who can pass the ball accurately, split balls through the lines and who's link up play is on par at a prem level. KDH yesterday offered only his workmate imo with misplaced passes, poor linkup play and little to no vision in the final third. I'm hoping we get Harrison but I'd he happy to have KDH as a backup given our situation if we did.

Kristiansen showed why Thomas isn't built for this level in every way possible, not even as a backup imo.

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

You are dreaming.  Yesterday's game showed the whole world Rodgers' impotent football.    WE are getting to the stage where we have to scrap for points in games - the low tempo and low confidence has ensured we don't create many chances and choke when we do.  WE are going to be bullied by bottom half teams who will see us as a potential for 3 points.  Wake up - a mid table finish is a pipe dream.

Yesterday was not impotent football 

we created loads of chances 

if we get relegated from this point it will be because the players mentality isn’t up to it. I appreciate that this is mainly down to the coach and his approach  but I am also of the opinion that the quality of the squad will eventually come through. without any new additions this month I would not be so confident. I expect the coach to leave at some point in the next six months 

Just now, st albans fox said:

if we get relegated from this point it will be because the players mentality isn’t up to it. I appreciate that this is mainly down to the coach and his approach  but I am also of the opinion that the quality of the squad will eventually come through. without any new additions this month I would not be so confident. I expect the coach to leave at some point in the next six months 

Pretty much agree with that. I’d say there are at least 8 squads that you’d expect us to finish above even from this position. We just haven’t had the form and mentality.

If we go down it really would be a case of only having ourselves to blame. It’s not like we’re up against it as underdogs. We’ve just been shit.

16 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sorry but disagree with all of that. We need box to box midfielders who can pass the ball accurately, split balls through the lines and who's link up play is on par at a prem level. KDH yesterday offered only his workmate imo with misplaced passes, poor linkup play and little to no vision in the final third. I'm hoping we get Harrison but I'd he happy to have KDH as a backup given our situation if we did.

Kristiansen showed why Thomas isn't built for this level in every way possible, not even as a backup imo.

We are not Real Madrid you know , we will never and I mean never be a team of all stars. In fact with Evans and Vardy's decline we have one player of the highest class , Maddison and he is injury prone. We are never going to have the money or the drawing power of other teams. We base our success , if we have it , on good players using the right tactics playing as a unified team.

I think KDH is a pretty good player for a relegation battling PL side, but the fact he’s one of our better players outside of Maddison is also kind of an indication of how much weaker we are than 2 or 3 seasons ago. I think he’d struggle to make the bench for 10 or 11 other PL sides, let alone start every week.

Same with Mendy. Rightfully couldn’t even get in our 25 man squad 2 or 3 seasons back, probably wouldn’t make the bench for the majority of PL sides, now he’s a regular for us.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think he’d struggle to make the bench for 10 or 11 other PL sides, let alone start every week.

Thing is you clearly just have a point of view on him and refuse to change it, the statement he wouldn't make the bench for over half the teams in the league is such an exageration. Firstly we finished 8th last season and he was class, secondly I imagine he'd comfortably make the bench for every side outside of the top 6. Spurs have had Oliver Skipp on the bench ffs, Dewsbury Hall is a better player so I'd argue he'd even make their bench.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No chances in first half.  Impotent. Couldnt break them down.  I too expect the coach to go  ... sooner the better if we are to turn this around 

I contacted Walsall to enquire about matchday programme seeing as they sold out on the day, apparently they only printed 2,500. Even though they sold 10,000 tickets! quite strange... but yeah apparently they are in process of printing some more. Keep an eye out on the website.

On 29/01/2023 at 11:54, st albans fox said:

On 29/01/2023 at 12:00, Criggers said:

Pretty much agree with that. I’d say there are at least 8 squads that you’d expect us to finish above even from this position. We just haven’t had the form and mentality.

If we go down it really would be a case of only having ourselves to blame. It’s not like we’re up against it as underdogs. We’ve just been shit.

On 29/01/2023 at 12:16, An Sionnach said:

We are not Real Madrid you know , we will never and I mean never be a team of all stars. In fact with Evans and Vardy's decline we have one player of the highest class , Maddison and he is injury prone. We are never going to have the money or the drawing power of other teams. We base our success , if we have it , on good players using the right tactics playing as a unified team.

Just to say, IMO three balanced posts. 
We were never a super team,that would attract big stars. No could ofs should ofs,

but our recruitment was poor when we had the extra pennies..

We bragged how good our BR.staff & recruitment was..but Ranieri’s tenure Italian Machismo destroyed all the Pearson built,

then 2 decent buys,4 questionable ones!! Routine.

We have had an appalling recruitment record,over last 6 yrs…

Some posters reckon we were something special,and are suffering on their own

frustrations of expectancy..

A great platform ( at best) was ripped aside from incompetent recruitment,and paying too high a wages instead first  part of the season on selection & performance delivery…

Lets see how,Newcastle & Brighton handle their next  5-6 seasons…

On 29/01/2023 at 10:49, lcfcbluearmy said:

Thomas is young, I think he is worth keeping. Once Ricardo and Justin are fit, then send him out on loan. Until then, on the bench.