Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

On 28/01/2023 at 20:38, Spudulike said:

I find this whole Pearson fan boy thing weird. Is anyone really going to celebrate a Bristol City goal just because NFP is on the touchline? 

I was once a Pearsonite but sure as hell no longer. If we play them I want to see us destroy them. Sorry if that upsets our ex-manager. 

Mate you're on a forum where fans were actively wishing for a Forest win over us to get rid of our manager. The place is full of the absolute pits of Leicestershire society.

• Like 3

I'd like us to get Bristol City because my best mate lives there and supports them and it's a great excuse for a weekend down there.

Nothing to do with NP :) 

Also I bet the last thing NP would want/expect is some sort of hero worship from our fans, he'll take great pride in how far we've come since his time if we celebrate smashing them to pieces.

34 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'd like us to get Bristol City because my best mate lives there and supports them and it's a great excuse for a weekend down there.

Nothing to do with NP :) 

Also I bet the last thing NP would want/expect is some sort of hero worship from our fans, he'll take great pride in how far we've come since his time if we celebrate smashing them to pieces.

This round is midweek.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 28/01/2023 at 20:38, Spudulike said:

I find this whole Pearson fan boy thing weird. Is anyone really going to celebrate a Bristol City goal just because NFP is on the touchline? 

I was once a Pearsonite but sure as hell no longer. If we play them I want to see us destroy them. Sorry if that upsets our ex-manager. 

It's even worse because the people that go on about him in this thread are the same that wanted him out.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Mate you're on a forum where fans were actively wishing for a Forest win over us to get rid of our manager. The place is full of the absolute pits of Leicestershire society.

It's all viewpoints really and just because yours is different, it doesn't mean that everyone else is the pits.

On the contrary, with what you refer to, it could be taken the other way, if a loss against Forest, or whoever for that matter, had resulted in the dismissal of Rodgers, some might suggest your wish to win a solitary football match would have been childishly short-sighted compared to the more long view of some for the betterment of Leicester City ie if Rodgers stays he could easily get us relegated, spend any money that is going and leave us in a dire situation for years to come. 

Both are merely opinions, both valid and neither superior. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's all viewpoints really and just because yours is different, it doesn't mean that everyone else is the pits.

On the contrary, with what you refer to, it could be taken the other way, if a loss against Forest, or whoever for that matter, had resulted in the dismissal of Rodgers, some might suggest your wish to win a solitary football match would have been childishly short-sighted compared to the more long view of some for the betterment of Leicester City ie if Rodgers stays he could easily get us relegated, spend any money that is going and leave us in a dire situation for years to come. 

How is wanting the club, your own club, to lose a different opinion to everyone else's lol

"If Rodgers stays he could easily get us relegated". That's a big IF. A new manager could also get us relegated. Or Rodgers could easily finish in the top 10 again too. Any of those can't be put on the back of a defeat.

I find it bizarre wanting your own team to lose.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If you go on any other clubs forums there tends to be at least that sense of pride and loyalty to the club. 

On here it's just all we're shit, we won't win. Dreading this.

You can say that's the teams fault recently but it was the same on here for years. It never changes. If the team had the attitude of the general poster on here then we'd be even more ****ed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

How is wanting the club, your own club, to lose a different opinion to everyone else's lol

"If Rodgers stays he could easily get us relegated". That's a big IF. A new manager could also get us relegated. Or Rodgers could easily finish in the top 10 again too. Any of those can't be put on the back of a defeat.

I find it bizarre wanting your own team to lose.

Perhaps need to broaden your thoughts beyond one match to the last couple of years and what's been happening on the pitch. It's stale and declining rapidly like where else he's been. Yes, any manager could get us relegated but even beyond that, can you honestly see Rodgers overseeing a genuine rebuild? He hasn't the history, evidence suggests the contrary. He could set us back for years. It was one match and the proviso was his dismissal.

It didn't happen, we therefore need any points desperately and personally, I hope he's sacked in the summer. With what he's already got player wise we should never be in this position but with at least two new signings there's no excuse now whatsoever. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps need to broaden your thoughts beyond one match to the last couple of years and what's been happening on the pitch. It's stale and declining rapidly like where else he's been. Yes, any manager could get us relegated but even beyond that, can you honestly see Rodgers overseeing a genuine rebuild? He hasn't the history, evidence suggests the contrary. He could set us back for years. It was one match and the proviso was his dismissal.

It didn't happen, we therefore need any points desperately and personally, I hope he's sacked in the summer. With what he's already got player wise we should never be in this position but with at least two new signings there's no excuse now whatsoever. 

Broaden what? I'm responding to people like you wanting their own club to lose a game. I am Rodgers out but I wouldn't want us to lose, ever, it's weird. On one thread people moan about our support and in another thread people want us to lose. If this forum is anything to go by no wonder people don't make noise at games.

Anyway, we lost the game, we lost at Forest, and his dismissal still didn't happen so it's a pointless argument. It's not as if we won to save his job.

I can't see a Rodgers rebuild, honestly no, but we can't see a lot of things either. Unexpected things happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

If you go on any other clubs forums there tends to be at least that sense of pride and loyalty to the club. 

On here it's just all we're shit, we won't win. Dreading this.

You can say that's the teams fault recently but it was the same on here for years. It never changes. If the team had the attitude of the general poster on here then we'd be even more ****ed.

Personally speaking, I've never been that doom and gloom previously, I could even see positives in Puel!

However, Rodgers has personally had me worried over a long period of time now. I don't think our players are crap, on the contrary, I think we got some very talented players ... if led and deployed properly and they're not. 

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

You've clearly never been to Grimsby, mate.

I want Grimsby away purely because it's local for me and I was there when Izzet scored his overhead kick. Ever since then I've looked out for their results.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally speaking, I've never been that doom and gloom previously, I could even see positives in Puel!

However, Rodgers has personally had me worried over a long period of time now. I don't think our players are crap, on the contrary, I think we got some very talented players ... if led and deployed properly and they're not. 

I agree. I'd just never want us to lose for any reason. I absolutely hate the situation we are in, but you can't tell me some of these comments are from people who genuinely care. If they do then I don't know what they get from it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Broaden what? I'm responding to people like you wanting their own club to lose a game. I am Rodgers out but I wouldn't want us to lose, ever, it's weird. On one thread people moan about our support and in another thread people want us to lose. If this forum is anything to go by no wonder people don't make noise at games.

Anyway, we lost the game, we lost at Forest, and his dismissal still didn't happen so it's a pointless argument. It's not as if we won to save his job.

I can't see a Rodgers rebuild, honestly no, but we can't see a lot of things either. Unexpected things happen.

As I recall, the initial opinion or what some stated at that time was just that, they'd take a single loss if it meant the back of Rodgers. More sort of being prepared to lose one battle in order to win the war if you like. As you rightly say, it didn't happen, so we move on. With what Rodgers has available to him, even without the 2 new signings, he'd have to be exceptionally useless to get this squad of players relegated. He would no doubt however make survival out to be a great feat of management on his behalf. 

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I agree. I'd just never want us to lose for any reason. I absolutely hate the situation we are in, but you can't tell me some of these comments are from people who genuinely care. If they do then I don't know what they get from it.

I care greatly but it was a comment made about one game had the greater good had been achieved. Now, we have a run of difficult games and need as many points as possible.