Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

18 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

12 into 11 doesn’t go

Nice problem to have, but who gets dropped for him?

KDH has been the name banded about 

MOTM Sat and good performances prior in a more left sided role

or drop a player who is consistently one of our worst performers?

I won’t mention a name as he’s a protected species 

Ndidi, I'd imagine. So a midfield three of Youri, KDH and Maddison. Youri as the DLP, the other two as roaming 8s. Or KDH and Youri at the base, Maddison as a 10.

39 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

12 into 11 doesn’t go

Youri leaves this window so we have ndidi, kdh and madders in the midfield 3.

57 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

12 into 11 doesn’t go

The recent performances hardly scream undroppable from anyone in that 11 mate

58 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

12 into 11 doesn’t go

Drop Tielemans and have KDH and Mendy playing the double pivot.

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

I know nothing about him and I e never heard of him before(Sorry!).

In a nutshell what sort of player is he and u til Brendan ruins him what can we expect?

Think Ronaldinho with a sprinkle of Harvey Barnes and you'll be close

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Ndidi, I'd imagine. So a midfield three of Youri, KDH and Maddison. Youri as the DLP, the other two as roaming 8s. Or KDH and Youri at the base, Maddison as a 10.

That doesn't provide much defensive cover but neither does Ndidi at the moment..

2 hours ago, Raj said:

I know nothing about him and I e never heard of him before(Sorry!).

In a nutshell what sort of player is he and u til Brendan ruins him what can we expect?

I've been watching him for a couple of years at Shakhtar in CL & Europa etc and Lyon this season. 

He was a first teamer at Shakhtar one of thier better players, a winger but more goals than assists. Left footed played on the right, had Dodo with him at Shakhtar as his right back, those two together were especially good. (Dodo now at fiorentina).

At Lyon he was amazing for the first few weeks/month then faded. Recently not starting but they have that Ryan Cherki who's been the next wonderkid for a while and plays in same place RW as Tete so.. Cherki has been on fire since tete's form dipped.

*He got a lot of encouragement from the Lyon fans at the start as he was fleeing the war and Ukraine flags everywhere etc, as that died down he seemed to as well.

I'd say the emergence Cherki (only 19)  is the main reason Lyon didn't buy him.

He's a bit like Harvey Barnes but not produced the goals consistently against top teams, he did a bit at Lyon, in the first two games, two goals two assits, but took another 15 games to get 2 more goals and assists.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I hope he knows how to pass sideways and backwards. Another decent player destined for ruin under our **** of a manager.

One does wonder if he will actually be allowed to play the way he wants, exciting signing, but the manager not a fit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Unpopular opinion but I'd bench KDH and keep Wilf in the side on the hope that Tete brings a positional balance to the team that actually lets Wilf do what he should be doing which is screening the defence and enabling Youri to push up a little. 

So:

Youri Wilf 

Tete Madders Barnes 

Whoever 

If we actually use our full backs and, in particular, the signing of Kristiansen to properly get back to pushing teams backwards and getting ourselves on the front foot then I personally think Iheanacho could be the biggest winner in this signing. If we can be less dependent on the pace of getting someone in behind and look more to control possession in a positive way as we did in back when Rodgers first arrived then Nacho's finishing and all round contribution to build up play could really shine. 

Lot of big ifs though. 

Bottom line is that both KDH and Tielemans are going to be at their best pushing up and getting into the opposition half. Personally I'd be using KDH as energy off the bench for now with the promise of him taking Youri's place as a starter when YT leaves in the summer. 

Playing them both together is a bit too round pegs, square wholes and sacrificing good team balance to try and getting perceived stronger players on the pitch IMO. 

Completely agree. Wilf is so important to the team when played in his strongest position 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unpopular opinion but I'd bench KDH and keep Wilf in the side on the hope that Tete brings a positional balance to the team that actually lets Wilf do what he should be doing which is screening the defence and enabling Youri to push up a little. 

So:

Youri Wilf 

Tete Madders Barnes 

Whoever 

If we actually use our full backs and, in particular, the signing of Kristiansen to properly get back to pushing teams backwards and getting ourselves on the front foot then I personally think Iheanacho could be the biggest winner in this signing. If we can be less dependent on the pace of getting someone in behind and look more to control possession in a positive way as we did in back when Rodgers first arrived then Nacho's finishing and all round contribution to build up play could really shine. 

Lot of big ifs though. 

Bottom line is that both KDH and Tielemans are going to be at their best pushing up and getting into the opposition half. Personally I'd be using KDH as energy off the bench for now with the promise of him taking Youri's place as a starter when YT leaves in the summer. 

Playing them both together is a bit too round pegs, square wholes and sacrificing good team balance to try and getting perceived stronger players on the pitch IMO. 

Small edit: If we get mathematically safe, I'd personally immediately bench Tielemans (as much as I like him) and start preparing for life without him but he's currently still our best midfielder and doing it now would be suicide. 

Agreed with all of this. Ndidi hasn’t been playing brilliantly lately but we know how good he can be on his day. Providing the new guys turn out well, I think we’d be looking at something along these lines…

(4–2-3-1)

Ward

Castagne

Faes

New CB (Amartey)

Kristiansen

Ndidi

Tielemans

Tete

Maddison

Barnes

Daka

That leaves Soumare, KDH, Iheanacho to come on later on in games.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As a slight aside, I'd actually rather we go completely back to September 2019 in shape and actually have Madders back more as an 8 who has the licence to roam forward as opposed to a completely outright 10. It's by far the most comfortable shape we've had under Rodgers and by far the best football we've played since we won the league. 

Ward 

Castagne, Souttar, Faes, Kristiansen 

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison 

Tete, Iheanacho, Barnes 

That team finishes top half. 

No way KDH should be left out in preference to Ndidi, who has been absolute pants for 2 seasons.