Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

13 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

What's the actual deal with Tete? Will he just go back to Shaktar after this season? 

Seen a few people mention its a difficult deal - How can it be if Chelsea signed a player from them?

* Apologies if this has already been posted/answered*

It was difficult initially because he was a Shakhtar player, on loan at Lyon. So we had to pay Lyon enough to be happy to cancel their loan deal, pay Shakhtar our own loan fee and agree personal terms with Tete. If we were also arranging an option or obligation to buy, that further complicates things. 

And his contract with Shakhtar runs until 31st Dec I think, so it means trying to sign him in the summer isn't totally easy either

14 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It was difficult initially because he was a Shakhtar player, on loan at Lyon. So we had to pay Lyon enough to be happy to cancel their loan deal, pay Shakhtar our own loan fee and agree personal terms with Tete. If we were also arranging an option or obligation to buy, that further complicates things. 

And his contract with Shakhtar runs until 31st Dec I think, so it means trying to sign him in the summer isn't totally easy either

Regarding the later bit, how's it any different to signing a player in January that contracts up in the summer (Jorginho for example) ?

Generally, with most loans (Unless its a young kid going out for experience) there's an obligation or first option - Would like to think Rudkin has this in place aswell?!

19 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

My general understanding was that we'd basically bought the loan from Lyon with the same terms.

So presumably we have a 17.5m Euro option on Tete now? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

What's the actual deal with Tete? Will he just go back to Shaktar after this season? 

Seen a few people mention its a difficult deal - How can it be if Chelsea signed a player from them?

* Apologies if this has already been posted/answered*

The difference between Tete and Mudryk is that non Ukrainian players were allowed to pause their contracts and get the fvck out of there. Ukrainian players were not. So Mudryk was just a signing of a Ukrainian player from a a Ukrainian club.

Tete being Brazilian meant his contract was paused, so his contract is still  owned by Shaktar, and I believe it is on pause until the end of this year, but he was able to find another club and play on loan.

As for the option to buy clause, I'm not sure, but it should all become clearer in the summer.

24 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Bit of a stretch but Certainly would have pouched one of those Champions League spots 

You're right. The league is now just a by-product Riccy and Tete down that wing - We are going for the big won!

Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that. 

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

My general understanding was that we'd basically bought the loan from Lyon with the same terms.

So presumably we have a 17.5m Euro option on Tete now? 

This was my hope, a sort of FM “take over loan deal” type thing, fictional I am sure, but I like the sound of that lol

21 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

How are we going to hang onto him though past the end of season? If he is as good as he looks, we’ll be outbid in fees and wage offers.

...it will be down to the player!!!

We were looking at him when he became available!!!

He chose to go to Lyon when there were other options, not sure if they were the first one to show interest and it was him just being grateful for the interest shown.

Going from his first appearance I'm just happy to enjoy him while we can 

Everyone can see he has unreal ability and will terrify defenders when he's running at them 

No doubt in my mind he will go on to play for a "bigger" club 

If we manage to get in permanently and have him for a season or so it will be a bonus 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I still can't get my head around what the difference was for Tete to have his contract suspended and therefore no permanent transfer can be agreed until the summer and the likes of Neres and Dodo who transferred permanently last summer from Shaktar to Benfica and Fiorentina. 

Were their contracts suspended?

or maybe Lyon decided to do a loan with option instead of a purchase with SD’s agreement. I’m sure if all three parties agree, then fifa will cancel the suspension of the contract. 

anyway, I’ll try and find out on Saturday if there is an option and if so, how complicated it is 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Were their contracts suspended?

or maybe Lyon decided to do a loan with option instead of a purchase with SD’s agreement. I’m sure if all three parties agree, then fifa will cancel the suspension of the contract. 

anyway, I’ll try and find out on Saturday if there is an option and if so, how complicated it is 

No, they didn't have their contracts suspended and that's what I can't work out why. I can only presume Tete pushed for being able to flee Ukraine and playing elsewhere so he actioned the suspension of the contract and Shaktar obviously wanted to protect their asset.

• Thanks 1

Personally going to give him a few games before pronouncing him the greatest player of all time

Yes he looked good, but plenty of players do on their debut

Every top team in Europe should already be aware of players like this if they are that good, they aren't going to see one game for Leicester and go "Who is this guy, we have to sign him immediately"

If he's being scouted by other teams, we would have been well aware of that before he signed, and had something in his contract with us to stop him just being poached if he does end up being decent