Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tete Signs!

I wouldn't get too carried away after one match , he had the benefit of surprise on his side. However he is obviously skilful and pretty quick. What struck me is though he looks prepared to get stuck in battle away. This is Albrighton's main strength and coupled with his youth and enthusiasm makes him a very promising replacement.

55 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Bound to be plenty of CL clubs after him, why would he stay at Leicester?!

As has been mentioned , if we’ve secured the agreement of both clubs (and presumably the player ) to bring him here that would have involved some considerable investment on our part , there would almost certainly be an option to extend the loan or buy . He’s not returning to either club by the look of it so it’s no skin off their nose to grant this option if the price is right and the player agrees 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

As has been mentioned , if we’ve secured the agreement of both clubs (and presumably the player ) to bring him here that would have involved some considerable investment on our part , there would almost certainly be an option to extend the loan or buy . He’s not returning to either club by the look of it so it’s no skin off their nose to grant this option if the price is right and the player agrees 

Let's hope so!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Im not sure there is at all. I want there to be, don't get me wrong, but I doubt it exists.

From what I can tell, it seems we dealt almost solely with Lyon to take up the remainder of their loan agreement. 

Shaktar would be reluctant to agree a option to buy as they are over a barrel due to the war. The original loan to Lyon was just 2 years no option as it was a special war loan.

I believe the Ukrainian clubs are applying pressure to UEFA over the position they are in now regarding all their foreign players. So this may change things.

However, it make sense to me that we would sign a pre-contract to kick in after his current deal finishes. That only gives us 6 months from June to December to argue about with Shak.

1 hour ago, ts_1010 said:

Im not sure there is at all. I want there to be, don't get me wrong, but I doubt it exists.

From what I can tell, it seems we dealt almost solely with Lyon to take up the remainder of their loan agreement. 

Shaktar would be reluctant to agree a option to buy as they are over a barrel due to the war. The original loan to Lyon was just 2 years no option as it was a special war loan.

I believe the Ukrainian clubs are applying pressure to UEFA over the position they are in now regarding all their foreign players. So this may change things.

However, it make sense to me that we would sign a pre-contract to kick in after his current deal finishes. That only gives us 6 months from June to December to argue about with Shak.

Multiple sources said that Lyon did have an option to buy for 17.5million in their loan deal, like the one below:

https://nybreaking.com/leicester-are-showing-a-strong-interest-in-signing-brazilian-winger-tete-from-shakhtar/

Therefore I would be very surprised if we didn't also have an option to buy clause within out loan deal to Shakhtar. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, surrifox said:

This is where there could be an issue 

would the player agree to a deal where we buy him in June or would he take the chance that he could impress to the extent that one of the big clubs came in.   I doubt that shakhtar or Lyon cared either way. Shakhtar had already done a deal with Lyon at a price. 

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Jeez so many experts with no real knowledge, this could hit 100 pages quite quickly if you don't all calm down.

Yes don’t go speculating about issues concerning your football team and discussing the implications , what do you think this is , a football fans site ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

I'm not sure Lyon agreed anything direct with Shaktar in regard to these temporary deals he signed. The 1st one was from March 2022 until June 2022 and then again last summer until June 2023 and it was then that the rumours surfaced that Lyon also agreed to pay Shaktar £17.5m next summer for him.

The other conflicting report is that because he's had his contract suspended for what will have been 18 months come the summer, rather than just having 6 months left until his contract expires, he resume as if the last 18 months haven't happened and he has nearly 2 years left. I've only seen that reported once though so hopefully it's rubbish and it would require the war to be over by the end of June.

48 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Is the war realistically going to be over this year or even next? I’m not convinced. What happens then, loan extension?

Unlikely, FIFA will have to make a decision this summer and I can't see how Ukranian clubs will come out benefitting either. There's a good chance they rule that any overseas player can cancel their contract entirely but in light of such a possibility I'd suspect deals being agreed now.

I'm trying to see what other players this has happened to, there's another Brazilian right winger at Shaktar whom is in the same situation - Pedrinho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not sure Lyon agreed anything direct with Shaktar in regard to these temporary deals he signed. The 1st one was from March 2022 until June 2022 and then again last summer until June 2023 and it was then that the rumours surfaced that Lyon also agreed to pay Shaktar £17.5m next summer for him.

The other conflicting report is that because he's had his contract suspended for what will have been 18 months come the summer, rather than just having 6 months left until his contract expires, he resume as if the last 18 months haven't happened and he has nearly 2 years left. I've only seen that reported once though so hopefully it's rubbish and it would require the war to be over by the end of June.

Yeah i was, hurriedly during my lunch trying to run through some scenarios. Didn't do a good job to be fair.

IF lyon did have a buyout clause, there is nothing to suggest that we have one now anyway. But as you say it may not be possible. Shaktar and the other Ukrainian clubs, are asking UEFA to pass a ruling on what happens in situations like this. They've been forced into a fire-sale of all their foreign players.

I think Shaktar want all their foreign talent to return to them after a 2 year break as though nothing happened, this causes a lot of issues but so does forcing them to lose players for cheap of free.

I still think that if we don't have a buy-option. (And I don't think we do, purely a guess I admit ). The best course would be to arrange a pre contract on the basis that Tete's deal currently expires with Shaktar at the end of this year.

If UEFA/FIFA rule that he has to go back to Shaktar for 2+ years, then our Pre-contract is null and void, we've not really lost anything. But if UEFA/FOFA state that Tete only has to see out the remaining 6 months, then we are in a really strong position to negotiate over those last 6 months with Shaktar.

It also fends off any other clubs who might poach him.

All of this is conjecture, but I would have expected a buy option to have been leaked by now.

Edited because @Ric Flair pointed out I'm a bit daft. :doh::D

Edited by ts_1010
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

Yeah i was, hurriedly during my lunch trying to run through some scenarios. Didn't do a good job to be fair.

IF lyon do have a buyout clause, there is nothing to suggest that we have one anyway. But as you say it may not be possible. Shaktar and the other Ukrainian clubs, are asking UEFA to pass a ruling on what happens in situations like this. 

I think Shaktar want all their foreign talent to return to them after a 2 year break as though nothing happened, this auses a lot of issues but so does forcing them to lose players.

I still think that if we don't have a buy-option. (And I don't think we do, purely a guess I admit ). The best course would be to arrange a pre contract on the basis that Tete's deal currently expires with Shaktar at the end of this year.

If UEFA/FIFA rule that he has to go back to Shaktar for 2+ years, then our Pre-contract is null and void, we've not really lost anything. But if UEFA/FOFA state that Tete only has to see out the remaining 6 months, then we are in a really strong position to negotiate over those last 6 months with Shaktar.

It also fends off any other clubs who might poach him.

All of this is conjecture, but I would have expected a buy option to have been leaked by now.

If Lyon did have a buy clause, that clause surely no longer exists for them. Imagine if come the summer they pull the trigger and sign him for £17.5m 😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Unlikely, FIFA will have to make a decision this summer and I can't see how Ukranian clubs will come out benefitting either. There's a good chance they rule that any overseas player can cancel their contract entirely but in light of such a possibility I'd suspect deals being agreed now.

I'm trying to see what other players this has happened to, there's another Brazilian right winger at Shaktar whom is in the same situation - Pedrinho.

It's a tricky situation for FIFA really, they don't want to force Ukrainian clubs to lose out, which is really unfair on the victims of an invasion. But they also can't really send professional footballers back to a country that is being attacked by a military super-power.

A compromise would be a levy on any transfer away from a Ukrainian club, agreed by a panel, that tried to bridge the gap between what the player is worth and what the player left Ukraine for. Much like the tribunals for youth transfers in this country. 

I think they will just do over the Ukrainians tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Lyon did have a buy clause, that clause surely no longer exists for them. Imagine if come the summer they pull the trigger and sign him for £17.5m 😂😂😂

Haha. If Lyon DID have a buy out clause. Imagine the meltdown on here if that happened! :blush:

• Haha 1

Next few games will allow us to get a real handle on Tete's level to be honest. He did great, but Villa's defence was absolutely toilet.

That run for his goal was super exciting though. The sort of off-the-shoulder, intelligent run Vardy used to make in his sleep, but which we've been waiting to see Daka make for two years now.